Revamping Progression & Rewards in Hearthstone

Damn this game is and always has been such a money sink. So glad I quit after the first year of release. Looks like nothings changed and it’s all about getting players money.

2 Likes

Se acabo uno de los pocos juegos de blizzard free to play con las nuevas recompensas disfrazadas para que gastes mas dinero…
torpes. Increible que aun se pregunten porque los jugadores emigran a otros juegos.

But HOW? Gold was awarded 50-60% THROUGH the daily quests each day - now daily quests ONLY award xp…so the only gold we earn each day is by winning 3 games. So where is the rest of it coming from? You’re saying that we would be completing 1/50 of the xp track each day for the same equivalent of a pack a day as i do now? not seeing that with some placeholder images - some say 6000xp required while daily q only gives 1000…that aint the same as now. that plain sucks.

2 Likes

unless im reading the track reward wrong and its 6000xp for 5 stages of a track which gets to be more reasonable…but unless i can get a pack a day as i do now (average 2 packs/3 days between 50-60g dailies) i hope im not getting LESS. if its equivalent or more then im on board - need WAY more info on the track reward - also there’s a distinction between a paid track and a free one…anyone have any details what the free 1 is?

2 Likes

what is the FREE track and how does it differ from the paid track? what rewards does the free track have? and how are they different from the paid track rewards? wanting us to buy a paid track before telling us what we’re purchasing is a bit disingenuous

there’s only a minor blurb about how getting the paid track unlocks all the rewards for that track equivalent to the free track…there’s 2 tracks? what? how does work? whats a free track? whats a paid track? why am i paying for a paid track if a free track gives rewards?

Got a good question.

I play already 5 years, that means i already did too many achievements.

So the question is, do i have to redo them all from the start or i will just get them completed??

Please share your ideas.

1 Like

In MtG Arena, the premium track has about 5x as much rewards as the free one, including some unique items.
Since they copied the idea, they might have copied this too.
Also, the MtG Arena premium track can’t be purchased by in-game gold, of course.

You can choose mate, think about it, you can chooooose :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish a system, where I can play wild and standard flexible, without the need of climb one of each ladder high enough to earn some bonus packs. I don’t have the time to play so much. Would be great when both formats count to one reward system.

From everything we’ve seen so far, the free track has the majority of tangligble rewards (gold, dust, packs) while the paid track has mostly cosmetic rewards.

2 Likes

Thats what they did. Its unacceptable for some one who plays a lot, to earn the same or maybe less than some one how does not.

1 Like

like evry1luvwang said, this new quest revamp is ridiculous. for f2p (like me) my best source of gold was doing daily quests - but now with only rewarding xp, you have to actually put in probably hours in order to get game gold. just killed the whole f2p game for those who only want to play casually.

1 Like

I think I’ve finally found my reason to quit. I’ve been “playing” since beta, but as time passed I found myself doing less and less. From playing to try and reach legendary each month, to just playing for fun, to only completing my daily quest, to only doing 5 wins a month for the card back. I’ve spent several thousand on this game(still a fraction of what I’ve spent on mtg), not missing one preorder or limited offer so I could collect everything. This new system looks daunting, no way I enjoy this game anywhere near enough anymore to spend the time completing the reward track. This game has always felt like an obligation since I never wanted to miss anything since I was already heavily invested, but I think overall I feel a sense of relief knowing I can leave the game behind.

For the record I think the new reward system actually looks pretty good. Maybe not as versatile as raw gold, but it’s fun to have something to work towards that isn’t the same thing we’ve been getting since 2014. I think for active players who actually still enjoy the game the new system should at least “Feel” more rewarding. It should also reward those who play the game more, which makes sense.

4 Likes

completed a game in challenge and didn’t get a quest completion for game played or spells played or murlocs played. did blizzard change the quest completion requirement? what happened to “you can complete quests while playing in challenge mode”?

2 Likes

What about it? You mean it’s better than just getting one at random? Maybe to you but I would actually prefer that because of this:

That’s also what I thought, but there is one important thing which is great for anyone that doesn’t play as much: Most of the rewards are “frontloaded” as with that leveling system the early levels don’t require as much XP as the later levels. So even if you miss some quests at the end of the season it just means a few levels less where with the current system of linear rewards you would miss out on much much more in perspective. Therefore it won’t feel as bad anymore when you miss a couple quests. It will be a lot like not maxing out the gold cap each day and most people do that and don’t feel bad because it’s just a big grind which isn’t really worth it except you really like playing and have the time. In the same way you now also won’t feel too bad if you’re missing some quests. Sure, you could have gotten a little bit more grinding out those daily quests but it would’ve been a rather bad ratio of effort to reward anyway so you don’t feel too bad.

Basically I think it’s great for everyone that doesn’t play as much to get them back into the game because you get more rewards at the beginning instead of a slow linear pace. The downside of course is that later on you might already feel like it’s an even bigger grind where the current system in comparison would still offer a decent reward. Therefore some might argue it’s just some “moneygrab tactic” to hook people and make them spend money.

I personally just think it’s great for the F2P and for those that just play casually from time to time a little bit. For the real dedicated players (like almost anyone that goes to this forum including me) it might not be or not feel as great. It might feel too much of a grind later on and you get specific card packs or cards instead of just gold etc.

Overall I like their approach very much as it feels much better for the casual players and that is, in my opinion, what this game should be. Not some stupid esport tryhard garbage but a fun casual game for everyone to enjoy and have a great time.

Really you think so? I think it’s the opposite. This change is great for casual and F2P because in a leveling system the most rewards are “frontloaded” on the early levels that require less XP than the later levels where the real dedicated can grind out some extra stuff. What makes you think it will be worse? Sometimes you might get specific stuff and not gold you spend how you please but I think overall it’s much more and better for F2P and casual players. If anything it will be worse for those who grind everything out since their grind will be even less effective with even more stuff to get with a smaller effort.

5 Likes

Como que ya no daran oro todos los dias heartstone esta dejando de ser free to play que verguenza, dejara de ser popular el juego si dejan de dar recompensas a diario de oro.

So why are you still here tolling the forums then? lmao

It’s more like 3.75 expansions a year!

2 Likes

What about banking gold for the next expansion?
Would this new system mean that I would be able to bank gold and unlock packs?

1 Like