Returning player what expansions should i buy

Started getting back into hearthstone just wondering which expansion should i focus on buying cards from

No matter which class, I highly suggest stocking piles of Rise of Shadows packs. Uldum is also pretty good but far too much RNG.

Witchwood is by far Hearthstone’s worst expansion ever. Steer clear of it. If you plan on playing either Shaman, Warrior or Hunter, I suggest you to go ahead and craft their hero cards instead. Shaman hero card, hagatha is actually not good atm. It’s fallen of favour due to quest. Quests replace your hero powers and both warrior and hunter have better hero cards than what quest can provide them. Dr. Boom is nerfed recently so I also suggest you not to craft it. Boomsday has some pretty good cards that can make the purchase worthy. But for it to redeem itself, you need to hit 5 good legendary cards so it’s understandable if you don’t want to purchase them.

Rumble is also not worthy. It might be the second most horrible expansion of standard, and definitely in top 5 worst of all time but not that horrible.

If you don’t mind slipping your paycheck to Blizzard’s vault every year and dead set on playing standard, go ahead and buy these 4-5 aforementioned packs. If you want to also play on wild, only buy these 3 en masse and DE everything that isn’t worth to keep.

We don’t know what mode and class(es) you plan on playing (you may not yet know yourself as well) so nobody can really help with targeted purchases. Maybe get into specifics a little bit?

2 Likes

Craft Whizbang the Wonderful.

1 Like

SatanicTeemo’s summation says it all about the expansions.

Also might help to know that in 2017, Blizzard changed the rules so that you are guaranteed a legendary in the first 10 packs of each set. So for any expansion you are not going to buy bundles for, buy 1 pack at a time with gold until you get your first legendary (and epic).

1 Like

Absolutely craft whiz and just play. You will get all new legendaries for every class and can figure out the new cards and eventually be ready to craft

ok so buy ros and sou got it. I play ranked till rank 20 and just casual

Returning player I assume you have a decent collection of wild cards. Sou is a secret wild expansion. So I will vote SoU

no way only latest :cowboy_hat_face: