Report Option: I Was Just Held Hostage

One: Try living in an apartment complex where the poorest live. Boom Boxes in the back of cars. All night parties. People hollering and screaming all the time.
Call the Landlord? aka Report them. Nothing happens because the LL knows he isn’t going to find much better - its as long as they are paying the rent.
Call the Cops? aka Report them. Meh they come and talk to them but it happens again and again anyways.
Punch them in the Mouth? YES! No YOU are the villain and get to go to jail and get stains on your record at work and are in need of anger management. Plus maybe get sued for being violent over their given rights.

Welcome to the World! Muahahhahahaa. Gaming communities suck. Check out Youtube and the Geeks and Gamer channels. Antagonists all the way SJW!

What keeps them going? The Ginornourmous amounts of money the companies make off of us and make huge cash pot tournaments. Millions want to Ninja. Millions fail. Just a fraction of gamers make a living off of it. Companies make billions upon billions off of us.

You’re right. Saw the YouTube video on the Fortnight player who won 3 million dollars. I think the pot was 8 million total. But I wonder how much the e-sport people got in return.

This is topic that pops up regularly -roping. When players are roping from turn one throughout the game it is disrespect to other players and to the game, nothing more to it. But I have a suggestion to the devs. In chess, players have limited time to finish the game but it is up to them how much time they spend on thinking so in the end they have to make decision real fast. In HS they can have similar thing like each game last 12 or 14 minutes but stick to the 75 sec. between turns but in the last minute or whatever is reasonable you have 15 seconds to finish like when throw in Nozdormu. Maybe this calls for more concentration, or those who really hate roping should have Nozdormu in their deck. Maybe this is the purpose of that card. (just an idea)

1 Like

So, what will these people demand next? Penalising players using all mana during their turn? Playing every card? Attacking with every minion?

1 Like

All of it of course. And cookies

So, let me make sure I understand this correctly. You’re upset and feel it’s dishonorable for a person to take their fully allotted turn in a game? Of all the things that people do to extend the timer, underhanded moves, etc. that’s the hill you pick to die on - using the time that they’re legitimately allowed to use to take their turn?

Something you might want to consider is that not everyone who plays the game is exactly like you are. Some players are younger and trying to acquire the mental gymnastics to plan ahead. Some players may not be neurotypical and need that extra time to figure out their moves. Some players may have children or dogs that are interrupting them or an unexpected issue that is taking their attention away from a game. A player may be home sick and playing through coughing fits. In other words, you normally don’t know who is on the other side of that computer or what is happening in their lives right now.

2 Likes

I like the way you think, I’m not a roper, but I love to emote! People get super upset but I usually don’t mean anything by emoting.

not that regularly
you had to necro it

1 Like

There is no excuse for roping. Players who rope are trolling and they know it. Anyone who defends roping is likely a rope troll themselves trying to make excuses for their bad behavior. It has always been a problem with this game.

1 Like

That’s a false equivalency. Big difference between using your mana and intentionally delaying the game. No more excuses. Roping is trolling.

Nothign false about that. Resource is a resource. How they spend it is at their discretion. The fact that you specifically dislike one of the resources available being spent doesn’t make it any less of a resource. So, whine some more, there is nothing wrong about the so called “roping”.

1 Like

You continue to draw false equivalencies to defend bad behavior. You call intentionally wasting people’s time a resource but we both know that is disingenuous. Be honest.

The devs have several options to discourage rope burning.

1. Give Three slow rope burns per game, then you get 30 second turn timer. You will never burn again, unless it’s a number 2 calling or the stove caught fire. Some things take priority.
  2. Have a speed match round, where turns are always 20 seconds. This is for people looking for quick matches, to complete dailies.
  3. Have a chess clock, where timer goes back and forth, if it hits 5 min on your thinking time. You auto lose. This forces people to think on their turn and their opponents. You also can have a longer turn when needed with complex calculations. Works for chess.
  4. Incentivize speedy play, with a bonus gold/dust/card for fastest player. A reward pool that often is gold, but rarely can be dust or very rarely a current card. I like the last option.

Anyone of these would decrease rope trolls, and increase engagement.

This problem can be solved but blizzard devs don’t care.

1 Like

Yeah, if reporting was used in the way the OP suggested it be used, reporting players would indeed be a new game mechanic. I must side with you on this one, and disagree as well.

In addition, 20 minutes for a long match is still pretty good. I have had matches that lasted in excess of 30 minutes(though they are rare) where we are both actively playing our best games.

At 20 minutes, where only one player is burning the rope every turn, that is what, a 15 turn game(30 turns both players combined).

Personally, I think the biggest issue is the visualization of the rope and the tension music that plays when the rope is active.

I believe that if they took the rope away and replaced it with a plain 75 second timer that the majority of the people who complain about roping would suddenly just fade away. I believe their small brains would be satisfied. Nothing will have changed except the display and audio, but they will be, nonetheless, placated. Which is completely stupid.

You don’t know what it’s like to be held hostage until you play someone who not only ropes but exploits the ropes! I had a priest who roped every turn using Topsy Turvy, Test subject and Embalming Ritual. The rope would stop burning right before it should end and he was there Topsy Turveying his Embalmed Test Subject for a good 5 minutes with the rope still burning. Finally at my turn, even though it was my turn, for a good 120 seconds into my turn he was still Topsy Turveying his Embalmed Test Subject.

Had I stayed for the duration it would have been a 4 hour game. Bad enough I stayed 1 hour and 45 minutes of that nonsense!

I just experienced this for the first time. A player did exactly as you described. It’s comforting to know that other people are dealing with this too. What a complicated thing it is to be human, aye? Here’s hoping we all learn how not to be douche-farmers someday. I’m trying to remind myself that I’m one in countless ways.

pretty sure they’re doing it hoping you’re playing on your phone while traveling on the tube or something. When I’m comfortable with time and near the save haven ranks, I do it too, more often than not you do get lucky with enemy disconnects out of frustration, or minimized game to get back to the office etc xD

You know what, if I knew you personally I would duel you in hs and rope every single turn, untill you knock on my door. Then we would have a fight. This us a god damn game. If you feel you want to punch someone just because they roped you in hs, then you are living a too good life. You claim gamers are toxic, but the toxicity oozes from u.

NECRO !!! by DennisNilsen