Remove All questlines from Wild or nothing will change

Questlines are so utterly broken in wild, that unless you remove all of them from Wild, there won’t be any change in the Meta except switching to a new quest to play. Instead of Banning one card, ban the entirety of the Questlines in Wild. They are way too strong in combinations with other cards that they have no place at all in Wild.

12 Likes

I agree with this. The Quests were and are a mistake.

5 Likes

no place ? why not ? they are fun and and give me many new decks to try out i dont have in standard !

4 Likes

Only half the questlines see play in wild. The Hunter, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, and Mage questlines get played, but rogue, priest, druid, demon hunter, and paladin are completely ignored. Druid and priest sometimes play their older quests, as do warrior and a few other classes, but they aren’t a heavy mainstay.

Ehh, seedlock got banned. I think wild might have some janky q shaman lists that don’t do so well in a wild seedlock meta, but it might be good to see how it plays out before jumping the gun. Like how we all thought quest priest would be overpowered with “win the game” by playing ‘on curve’ and it turned out just playing 1 card to answer a board off curve screwed the quest lmao to the point just having the card, despite the advantages lowered people’s winrates to 36% instead of even 40% off meta.

Still i guess priest quest might need watching and hunter and pirate warrior in wild might need some light monitoring.

I think odd quest hunter and pirate warrior need to be watched for what happens without seedlock ± warrior and hunter buffs or nerfs. Agree standard warrior is in a bad place, wild is in a pretty solid one. But it’ll get any buffed pirates it already might be using. So little bit of monkey’s paw there. Decks can have a little time in the sun imo and get their chance to see what happens for a week.

But then hopefully adjusted quickly if they break the meta drastically like wild seedlock did or dominate both formats or warp it into a deck and just it’s counters or other decks to go 50 50.

i think they are fun, and it’s a good break from the annoying resurrect priests who do nothing but cast a wall of minions and resurrecting them, and other old meta decks. This is a refreshing shake up for a while.

I think after the nerf hits, we’d go back to where we were, where wild is dominated by secret or APM mage, rez priests and control warlocks, plus the new top dogs, hunter and shaman questlines, so am just enjoying the change for a few more days before things go back to where they were.

I think after the nerf hits, we’d go back to where we were, where wild is dominated by secret or APM mage, rez priests and control warlocks, plus the new top dogs, hunter and shaman questlines, so am just enjoying the change for a few more days before things go back to where they were.

Haha, joke’s on you. I play boar priest in wild. No need to ressurect a wall of big fatties when you can just hit your opponent in the face with the sword of a thousand truths!

1 Like

Oh yes that too! I initially thought it was a meme deck, but it actually is quite possible to complete it.

I made one for fun. It’s a bit high-roll type deck though. Quite often, I could not draw the boars nor the tutors. And sometimes I have them but didnt draw the ways to kill them, and sometimes I had no ways to resurrect them.

When it works though, it destroys the opponents mercilessly with little chance of recovery as he has no mana.

Yeah some quests like Rogue and druid seem honestly probably fine unless they get broken, somehow. (I hear some people have fun with odd quest druid), and i guess Rogue is just solid value + battlemaster.

Oh yeah. once stormwind has had it’s day and we move on to the next patch, i wonder if battlemaster might be a object of concern to leave evergreen for 2 years or forever. Just the risk of it always being potentially in a deck, is something you have to play around (whether or not the deck list actually has it or not.

And it is kinda droppable in many warlock lists but man, is it devastating to get windfury gianted for 8 + 8 + 6 + 6 damage at any turn on a 24 health pool.

I guess after the nerfs it is a card that currently holds the balance of every side having broken vs broken and seeing some nerfs. So it’d actually might be wise to just let stormwind meta have it and then do something later.

Every 6 cost card needing to compete with potentially winning the game on the spot, or a 0 mana 8/8 gaining windfury is still stuff we’re gonna have to play around for a while. But the meta decks like buff pally and handlock are kinda balanced with it in mind or getting other nerfs.

I think in the long term, the major quests that might need looks are probably gonna be the power three of Warlock, shaman and mage. I think Rogue and druid look fine. Pally quest i’m a bit skeptical on as a wild homebrewer, decks can always be weak in a current meta but become powerful later.

I look at card potential instead of current meta winrates as a wild player and i think Pally quest, from what i’ve seen has a solid value game and potential, especially in a slower meta where the game might become more value oriented without death from hand from a empty board.

Pally quest, although weak current meta with 1 drops can quickly flood the board with 3/3 divine shields once a 5 mana card has been played with a 3 mana card for 21/21 divine shielded stats on board. With a perpetual flame and handlock nerf, it might still be iffy, but as a wild homebrewer i look at card’s future by potential. A 6/3 worgen greaser vanilla card has little potential, a card that might not fit into the current meta might have high potential with more support.

The 1/4 reward is weak, but it could easily fill up a more board centric meta or even a non hand lethal odd pally years from now after a expansion with 1 mana support.

It’s a synergy card, and those can become stronger even years later just at random whim if support is ever printed or the game becomes more board focused. (which wouldn’t be a bad thing imo. )

On the other hand, quest mage isn’t that good now, but you’ll always have to evaluate every mage spell in the future as being potentially discountable by 2, and also being given +3 spell damage or a arcane/fire/frost spell school as potential things to keep in mind.

Not that quest mage is strong winrate wise rn. Just that it could also benefit from a slower meta if aggro doesn’t become stronger. Handlock and Shaman being nerfed likely will reduce their good matchups, but also mean they’re even weaker to q mage with people already having crafted the decks. (Just like people kept playing q mage after the incanter flow nerf, since it was only 80 dust to keep.)

1 Like

Oh yes that too! I initially thought it was a meme deck, but it actually is quite possible to complete it.

I made one for fun. It’s a bit high-roll type deck though. Quite often, I could not draw the boars nor the tutors. And sometimes I have them but didnt draw the ways to kill them, and sometimes I had no ways to resurrect them.

I make custom decks. So you won’t find my build on ladder. If you want it though I don’t mind sharing. It can do some really mean things

2x Raise Dead (0)
Awaken the Makers
2x Elwynn Boar (1)
2x Dead Ringer (2)
2x Seance (2)
2x Shadow Visions (2)
2x Bad Luck Albatross (3)
2x Twilight’s Call (3)
2x Duskbreaker (4)
2x Grave Rune (4)
2x Psychopomp (4)
2x Rally! (4)
2x Carnivorous Cube (5)
2x Chronobreaker (5)
2x Drakonid Operative (5)
Psychic Scream (7)

AAEBAa0GApbEAujQAg7T+QOh/gL9sAOvpQPL5gK6uwLcrAPmiAPRwQKp4gL74wOL4QLXzgPZrAMA

It’s actually pretty cheap to craft too. Elwynn Boar, Dead Ringer, and Rally are the only 1 2 and 3 cost minions so rally targets them specifically, duskbreaker and chronobreaker can both nuke the opponents board to stave off aggro, and you have Amara, Warden of Hope to shut down those annoying questing bakku hunters… bonus props when you play it a second or third time by raising her from the dead or copying her with seance.

Also, I find that draw heavy classes like mages and warlocks love nothing more than for me to gift them with an endless supply of albatrosses in their deck. They tend to draw their cards very quickly so all those extra birds help to make sure they don’t accidentally fatigue themselves to death. Isn’t that nice of me :3 (This build does shockingly well against seedlock)

There’s actually quite a bit of decision making too because I’m playing a build with versatile copy effects rather than straight up res. You can use grave rune, seance, and carnivorous cube on so many things, and chronobreaker and albatross are often even more tempting to duplicate than the boar in some matchups. Sometimes you just want to seance Duskbreaker after dropping it if you’re facing a zoo deck like taunt druid… others you want more amaras, others you want more cubes. It’ve been having a ton of fun with it.

3 Likes

Thanks. I know why mine dont work - I dont have Amara. My collection isn’t as complete as most others, so the decks I can build are limited.

Missing quite a number of cards like cube, albatross, psychopomp etc. but I think those can easily be replaced. Just Amara is irreplaceable.

I noticed you dont use insight though. Can you consistently get the boars before you die to odd hunter or warlock?

Not really easily replaced… no. My build is very specifically built. The standard build uses stuff like the 2 mana ressurect spell, embalming ritual, and has stuff like power word shield for draw. It also tends to ignore cube and run more removal spells, like mass hysteria, double scream, and even plague of death. Some run mass res or catrina muerte. My list cuts all that and adds dragons instead, which I’ve yet to see any other priest deck use. Those are my all time 3 favorite class dragons and they’re worth their weight in gold.

I also have yet to encounter any list that runs the albatross, an dthat’s another addition I picked up on from my game time that I can’t imagine not running here. This build is a spinoff of the old weasel priest, but in its place instead of the weasel I’m using the boar instead. It’s still capable of bricking hard on occasion, but it’s been working well enough for me so far.

Also notice this is a rally deck. Rally targets the boar, dead ringer, and albatross specifically. I want it to hit those 3 minions, and without albatross the Rally! would be incomplete.

Is it often that you dont draw any boars in the first ten cards?

Yes, it happens often enough. That’s what the rest of the package is for. Dead ringer tutors the other deathrattles, so it can find itself, the boar, the albatross, the cube, or chronobreaker. And it can also be revived, so that helps with consistency, but some games you don’t get the ringer OR the boar. In those games I usually just try to win by blocking my opponents game plan with albatross and amara. The idea is that if I can’t execute my game plan fast enough, I want to slow my opponents down to a crawl to buy time. The deck can still brick itself, but it has backup plans to help deal with those situations. The dragons also assist as a backup. If I dont get my deathrattles but i can drop duskbreaker on 4 that’s good against aggro, and drakonid operatives discover effect will never NOT be OP!

The boars amara deck loses hard to any aggro deck tho.
If we go back to the old meta, I think the aggro decks will anyway keep this deck in a low tier.

1 Like

Remove all classes and cards from the game or nothing will change.

1 Like

I mean, I’m fine with a total ban but even if that’s too extreme… do something please, these cards are very bad design.

2 Likes

Why are you constantly so unkind?
Plenty of players dislike the quests.
I’ve watched you play, you know. (You lost)

1 Like

the guy who wants players who enjoy playing their quests wants those cards being taken away from them complain about someone else being “unkind”

How is saying I think the Quests are busted, being unkind?
I happen to think it’s true, but if you can conclusively prove otherwise, then I would love to hear it.