Release all of Tombs of terror

Stop prolonging the release of the rest of the chapters of Tombs of terror. Release all of it at once.

I don’t see any reason not to other than for business reasons.

1 Like

Let’s see blizzard is a business. As such ya business reasons are quite a good reason.

They make more profit releasing over time than all at once take a pycology class if you want to know why. There is no reason for them to release all at once but many reasons not two so what do you think will keep happening.

If you want them to stop should be giving them a reason and qq qq I want it all at once is not a reason for them in fact this thread is doing exactly what they want you to, by getting you to talk about it. supporting not releasing all at once.

I would get 100% of any product i paid for and it would not be withheld from me for marketing reasons. For instance, these pringles chips and sparkling water i bought eariler today from the store. It tastes delicious and i got the full container of it and the full bottles of water instead of 40% of it and 60% withheld from me for another 2 weeks to build hype…
Or a even more revelent example, a litrpg book i paid for from amazon last week. I received a full 100% copy of the book instead of just a fraction of it, although it came with a slight cliffhanger.

4 Likes

You did get 100% of the product you paid for and not any of it was withheld.

The product you bought was chapter 1 and 2 on the 17 chapter 3 a week later 4 the week after 5 the week after.

This is no diffrent than buying movie tickets in advanced or any advanced purchase of anything. Nothing is being withheld the items are not yet released as such you are not yet entitled to receive and they are not being withheld. You are pre paying for them. Or do you think when you buy a game in advance that doesn’t release for another month you should get it instantly. If so why were you not complaining here 2 weeks ago when presales started.

You did not receive 40% of your purchase you got 100% of it. You purchased x amount today and pre ordered the rest. You had the option to not preorder the rest and only buy what was released chap 1 and 2 if you wanted. It was YOUR call to pre order them today vs jsut buying what was out (you got a discount for doing so as a bonus). If you bought the whole adventure when it was fully out than had to wait it would be another story but that is not the case the adventure is not yet fully released as such you have only pre purchased chapter 3/4/5 you HAVE NOT purchased them yet. Its the same reason you do not have the heros unlocked for owning chap 3/4 if you bought it all as you currently do not own chap 3 or 4 you only have pre purchased.

You can spin this however you like but the fact is that have purchased the product and I have not received the other 60% of the product because they are deliberately withholding it for greed / marketing/ business reasons.

I understand and accept their timeline to intentionally release fractions of the products overtime to maximize their business interests but my complaint is a legitimate one and and most other businesses would not blatantly do this.

2 Likes

Your wrong on the most key point. Its not spining it.

You have not purchased chapter 3/4/5 you have PRE purchased them. The vary def of prepurchasing is committing to buying a product before release or fulfillment (You have NOT bought the product). You may or may not be charged in advanced when making that commitment based on the company (yes some companys don’t charge when placing orders in advance). Chapter 3/4/5 are not released as such it is not possible to purchase them. You can only pre purchase them.

They are not withholding them as you have not purchased them. All you have done is made a commitment to buy the product once released. Which is what the legal definition of a pre purchase is. A commitment to buy. Nothing more.

Your complaint is not a legit one as you are basing it on you have purchased something and that they are withholding it. They are not and as you haven’t purchased the chapters you haven’t received yet, as such have no right to have received them. This is a vary key diff. This is not “spinning” anything. This is the accurate explanation of what is happening.

If your complaint was about them not releasing them all at the same time it would be a different story but that is not the complaint you have presented. This would be a legit complaint. One that would require a argument to backup your case. In this case I point back to my first response “give them a reason not to and QQ QQ I want it all at once is not a reason for them”. You “purchased” them as such you should have them is also not a reason as you have not purchased them. You only have pre purchased.

1 Like

“pre purchase” has a legal definition?

1 Like

Yes it dose. In order for any transaction to be legal and enforceable it has to be recognized with its own legal definition. Otherwise the transaction can’t be enforced. If it cant be enforced. A company will not subject themselves to potential lawsuits and losses by using subjective terms. Pre purchases fall under the same rules as pre-orders within the legal scope. Legally speaking thou a pre purchase is not a purchase as no property has been transferred. Pre purchases are any and all agreements before that point.

The exact wording of a given pre purchase or order will fall under the terms you agree to during that purchase. Same with what the company is required to give you and at what time. In this case blizzard say chap 1/2 on the 17 1 chap a week after.

Right, but I thought purchases like this were civil matters, and only enforceable via contractual means (terms and conditions, e.g.)?

Maybe that is what you meant? By “a legal definition”, I assumed you meant that there is a very specific SCOTUS decision or some such thing you were referencing.

terms and conditions do fall under a legal rules and definitions. Which yes is what I was referencing to a point not a specific scotus, other than purchases own def which excludes them due to a lack of property being transferred. So long as the def being used is outlined within terms and conditions that definition is a legal and binding definition.

1 Like

Eh, thats a long answer to a argument i didn’t make. you are splitting hairs and agruing a strawman at this point. If you really want to get into the legal terms and conditions, then technically, none of us own anything other than a temporary license to play the game and to use the cards. Noone is entitled to anything from blizzard. You do not own the adventure, you do not own any cards, even your account and all of this can be terminated by blizzard for any reason which im sure is in the terms of use somewhere.

Obviously blizzard can do whatever they want to maximize their business interests. I can understand why businesses do business things to maximize their profit but that doesnt mean i agree with it or like it which is a perfectly legitimate complaint.

Again, the complaint is that blizzard is perfectly capable of releasing all of tombs of terror yesterday but is instead delibertely withholding the release of the other chapters over a period of 2-3 weeks out of greed, marketing and more profits.

i paid for a entire adventure and not just 40% of a adventure of which blizzard is absolutely able to release the entire thing. Again, thir decision is perfectly fine and blizzard can do whatever they want and release fractions of their product as stated by their timeline listed on their website and of which chapters 1 and 2 was delivered as promised. I am not arguing that I am entitled to the whole adventure right now because i am not and, its stated differently on their release schedule.

I am stating my perspective that i would like them to release the entire adventure now and that there is no reason not to release the rest of the 60% of the product i paid for other than because of their greed and business interests of which i am getting annoyed by.

Most companies will not sell products in fractions and then delay the release of fractions of said product to string their customers along. When people realize greater profits is the main reason we don’t have the entire adventure,
i’m sure they will lose more business. I also highly doubt that they are still coding the rest of the chapters 3/4/5 and that its not already capable of being released.

Blizzard dint sell the product in fractions. They gave you a way to get early access. If you want it all at once you have the option to wait till the full release date vs early access.

Read what you bought you only bought chapter 1 and 2 you pre purchased the rest for the dates mentioned.

Unless you can show otherwise your arguement is void. That is not strawmanong or spinning things. That is what it is.

You liking them to release at the same time is fine but it has nothing to do with you purchasing them all as you dint.

Blizzard has said in the past that they keep coading till the last min and often put out patches within moments of stuff going live. Esp if they see issues from chap 1 and 2 they will often fix before the next is out.

If you want all 5 at once you can wait till the date all 5 is out vs buying in advance there is nothing stoping you. Blizzard is not withholding content they are giving you early access to part of it key diff. If they said you would have all the content on the 17 than turned around and only gave two chaps would be the other way but this is not what happened.

You have yet to give blizzard any good reason to release them all at once to counter there clear and tested model that works. I want all at once is not enough. As they know that and there is clear reasons why they don’t. Profit being the main one which unless you show your way as more profitable no reason for them to change. They never lied to you and gave you a way to have access to all 5 at once if you wanted just by waiting till the full release date.

It is blizzard’s business decision to release their product over time in fractions to maximize profits. You keep beating up that poor strawman about the release schedule. Nobody here contesting that blizzard is releasing 1/2 now, 3/4/5 2 weeks later and they have the right to do whatever they want with their game. It is listed right on the purchase page and on the bnet shop.

I am stating my dislike for the release schedule for fractions of the product over 2-3 weeks when they could have easily released it all at once. My feedback is perfectly legitimate and forums are the placed designed to discuss these things. And blizzard gets free feedback from me which some business have to pay for. They may or may not read this and decide to incorporate changes after looking through all their models and sales data. Who knows? “I do not like how blizzard are staggering the release of tombs of terror and i want it all at once” is more than enough of a statement if enough people agree with it and especially if people recognize the reason for blizzard staggering the release of ToT.

I am done here. this thread has been derailed enougt.

This guy is the biggest shill I’ve ever seen in my life. The adventure is complete, they aren’t finishing it up. They could release the whole thing right now if they wanted to. Waiting three weeks just to keep people coming back is annoying.

1 Like

Forgive me if this has been pointed out previously in the thread, but I think the answer is simple. It is for FTP players to have a rat’s-rear of a chance to keep up with the game. You can get the first one free and grind err day forgold, then purchase the next nothing out-of-pocket. Some people just don’t have money to throw around on this stuff.

Nah that’s just a nice side-effect. My guess is the biggest reason for staggered release is to keep the buzz going. Instead of streamers spending one night on the new adventure, they will spend 5, for instance.

I don’t think that’s vuzz, I think it’s just Vlizz actually giving us some vang for our vuck. I mean, who wants to pay for a game that you just fly through in one night then your done? Almost all other games, at this point in time, are suvstantially judged on hours or content. If this was 4 hours of content, it wouldn’t we worth money. Like, oh yeah I got Skyrim on Friday. Veat it vy Sunday morning! WHOOO! lmao

The product, as advertised, was a solo content card game that had chapters. These chapters released over the course of a few weeks. This was all lined out entirely before purchase was made.

So…

Everyone got exactly what was advertised. Including me. Go beat chapter 1 and 2 with both heroes and then clear heroic. I sincerely doubt many have cleared 100% of all things available.

I cleared 1 and 2 heroic but not with both heroes.

I think the timed release is mostly ok. This game is mostly supposed to be about playing against other players. Solo content is mainly for super cheese wombo combos