Reinstalled Hearthstone

To dust Stealer of Souls. Decided to play a couple games.

Game 1: Deathrattle DH. Turn 3 Archdruid. Turn 7, plays II, buffs it to 12/12, rush into my Lightshower Elemental, then deals 24 damage to face.

Game 2: Paladin. Turn 3 Archdruid. Turn 7, returns my Lightshower Elemental to hand, buffs minions, deals 27 damage to face.

Game 3: Priest. Turn 3 Brightwing gives it “your minions are immune while attacking” DH minion.

Uninstall.

So what you’re saying is that Naralax is really good? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry I don’t have anything helpful to say here. The game is really random, but hasn’t it kinda always been that way?

3 Likes

It’s all an elaborate ploy, I fully expect SoS to be reinstated in 3 weeks with a higher mana value once Team 5 realize that it’s getting literally no usage in Standard.

So you uninstall yesterday? Today?

Or did you uninstall a while ago and continue making comments in the forums for a game you didn’t intend to play?

I mean your last post before this one was only two hours prior.

Last comment*

Yeah, uninstalled a couple days after the mini expansion landed. The random generation of the game is just too frustrating for me. But I liked the game last season, so I’ll stay around and maybe in another expansion, or next season, I’ll like it more. In the meantime, it’s interesting to see what other people think of the mini expansion.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “last season”?

You mean last patch? Last Expansion? The Earth’s spring season?

I did find it interesting that they introduced a bunch of random effects in the miniset. The summon adventurers thing is a random 2/2 and a lot of the cards are based around that. Naralax is a mini old Ysera and you get two random dream cards (though all the options are usually pretty good). Mutanus can randomly eat a key minion or some garbage (same as dirty rat).

I’ve had a handful of matches that I just straight up lost because Mutanus ate my Alexstrasza instead of something weaker. It’s frustrating, and you feel like you didn’t have any control over the outcome, so I understand where you’re coming from.

I guess Blizzard really likes the random stuff. They keep putting more and more in.

1 Like

I can see how it works for some people, and how others aren’t a fan. Especially for a long-running game, to constantly make new cards would be a challenge, so randomness as a mechanic would be a theme eventually.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know you installed and uninstalled the game. It was very informative.

2 Likes

You see, ranked play rotates in “seasons”, which last one month each. So, while I was enjoying how the game was last season (or last month, if you prefer), this month I’m not really enjoying the changes and the meta.

I guess there’s nothing to stop you from coming up with your own terminology.

However, generally speaking, it is helpful to communication using the standard terminology. Unless you can provide a good reason for the standard terminology being problematic.

Unless it’s your intention to prolonge conversations with the addition of Q&A for your terms.

Terms like rotate. Usually rotate referring to the yearly movement of expansions from Standard to Wild and shifting expansions in and out of the Duels and Arena formats.

So now I have to assume you mean Rank reset (another standard term), without being completely sure whether I assumed correctly.

Glad you benefitted from it.
Any thoughts on the game’s randomness?

It’s a bit silly to say that the last straw is now, in this meta, the time to quit the game over random effects.

Last year Rogue was spamming Lackeys, Priest pulling Random minions, and Mage getting tons of random spells and Dragons, as well as playing Yogg Box and Amazing Reno.

I’m surprised that somebody as knowledgeable as you didn’t know what a “season” was in regards to ranked. Well, you live you learn.

Lackeys are tiny, manageable minions, and hardly random. Similarly, dragons were easily predictable. But maybe we just know how to navigate different forms of randomness, or have different thresholds to what randomness we can be bothered dealing with. Each to their own.

1 Like

Just out of interest did they provide a survey as to why you uninstalled? I get the impression that they couldn’t care less about player feedback.

Nah, they didn’t. I hadn’t considered that, but it makes an interesting point. I get garbage like Wish mailing lists asking why I want to unsubscribe, don’t see why blizz wouldn’t also be interested in that sort of data.

Your deck lost not because of RNG, but because of its inherent weaknesses that don’t allow it to respond to highrolls.

“respond” to a highroll that changes the board from zero face damage to lethal on the enemy’s turn?
You might as well be saying I lost to OTK DH because I didn’t kill his Ilgynoth :laughing:

What do you even know about my deck?

1 Like