Refreshing Springwater is the most aggravating design ever

I can’t wrap my head around how this got through QA testing. It is ridiculously broken alongside incanters flow. I get spell mages doing 0 mana turns while they reduce the cost of their entire deck, remove my entire bord and then hit me with apexis blast. All the freaking time. Like, what were you thinking when you tested this?

23 Likes

It’s only design flow is that it doesn’t feel refreshing since it makes you lose mana. It should just be 0 mana draw 2. Or better yet

0 mana cost Draw two cards gain 4 mana crystals

2 Likes

The design itself isn’t the real problem.

The problem is that it is a little too fast and too good even when you hit only one spell.

6 mana that refresh 3 Cristals for each spell would be essentially the same but without enable so much stuff around it.

1 Like

That won’t fix anything the price to pay for card draw is 3 mana draw 2. It’s the age old arcane intellect. Anything stronger is broken or op. Currently it’s 0 mana draw 2

i think the real issue is the combination with incanters flow. since nearly every mage i encounter somehow happens to have incanters flow in their starting hand, everything from there on out is just ludacris. carddraw plus an insane amount of cards played per turn. j

What I dont understand is why they keep printing cards for other classes than druid that somehow cheat mana. STOP. That’s a druid thing.
Yet Incanter’s Flow cheats more mana than any druid card can dream of.

So what is the solution? This deck is/was tier 2 yet it is a problem for so many players.
Just like every single winning Mage deck has been for seven years.
I’m wondering if We will ever see the Mage deck that can survive an entire expansion without being killed.

3 Likes

If you think that go play classic and not look back.

If you like new cards you like different ways to play the game and therefore should be open to anything new.

1 Like

if this continues mage will become the next priest, hated by everyone. i don’t think it’s that far off, but either refreshing or incanters need to be nerfed.

1 Like

As long as mage players can play it with little to no interference from blizzard like priest does.

I really not care about people hating the class.

1 Like

also i would love to play a good mage deck again myself, i miss it. but i can’t in good conscience play this. :slight_smile:

I believe it already is. Mage has been complained about every single expansion for seven years, regardless of what playstyle it has been given, and irrespective of it’s power level. Anytime it is good, then it is “too good” according to this forum.
If a mage deck is defended by players pointing out that it’s not OP, then other players complain that it is “unfun” or “uninteractive” to play against.
Today, there are yet another pile of Mage complaint threads in Multiplayer, yet Mage’s best deck is tier 2 and the others are tier 4.
Nothing ever changes in this forum.
Players here are only satisfied with Mage when it is the trash meme class that cannot win at all.

2 Likes

This comment is actually funny.

The card is literally made to fuel spell decks and it’s exactly what it does.

Players can literally have the dumbest and strongest deck possible and when it comes to mage the class can’t even draw 2 cards for free despite of not doing even half of what classes could do with 2 extra cards?

This isn’t Yu GI oh where cards have no cost.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from. I think I personally had the most fun with the class when it was like a hold-out class that became more powerful in the later stage of the game. but that really depends on what playstyle you prefer.

I’m not even exaggerating. Go back and read just this past week’s threads. You will find post after post bashing Mage because some poor soul lost to it and believes they should not have. I’ll bet there are at least fifteen mage posts in the past two weeks, maybe more since even unrelated topics get turned into Mage hate posts.

that’s just a look into the experience people are having. i think this is a part of the problem of designing and balancing a game or an expansion when the decisions are based mostly on calculated results vs. what it feels like to play the actual thing. may be cool on paper, but feels bad in reality. but hey, like i said, i would love to play a nice mage deck again, i might even try spell mage once this toxic combination of flow+water is gone.

I hope you like MOR trash because without the draw and discounts the deck will be crippled.

In other words.

Once spell mage is no more a deck.

The problem with that view is that while people not necessarily play for win.

Many obtain fun by actually challenge the world around they and people have the actual right to play decks that are both fun AND powerful.

They’re typically going to full mulligan for Theo power cards: font, flow, etc. Statistically there’s a very high chance of getting one or more of them.

There’s likely also some confirmation bias happening. We tend not to remember the games we’re not looking for. So we “see” more hunters with the 5/4 on 2, flow on 2, lunacy on 2 (back in the day), etc.

4 Likes

When they kill the deck these same players will be on here saying how now that it’s trash it’s “balanced”. Wait and see.

1 Like