Rattlegore / Mirror Entity bugs

I just played a game in Arena mode where two bugs occurred. One, my opponent had a secret out. I played a minion, and it was not triggered. When I played Rattlegore next turn, it triggered Mirror Entity. Later, my opponent had a 1/1 Rattlegore from Gift of Luminescence. When it died, instead of getting -1/-1 and becoming a 0/0, it left an 8/8 behind, losing me the game.

The first depends on the board state. Was their board full? If so, mirror entity won’t trigger.

The second is not a bug. Minions lose all buffs and debuffs at the moment of death.

1 Like

My opponent had 1 minion at the time. The second is definitely a bug, because 1-1=0, not 8

I’m not sure about the mirror entity thing but the rattlegore deathrattle is not a bug. Rattlegore doesn’t actually get -1/-1 of its stats when it dies, it would die infinitely because it would die at zero health and ressurect at -1. How rattlegore actually works is the original has Deathrattle:summon an 8/8 rattlgore with deathrattle summon a 7/7 rattlegore with deathrattle summon a 6/6 etc. When they cast gift of luminance it got this deathrattle, this is intended.

1 Like

Did you play the minion, or was it summoned by an effect (battlecry, recruit, etc)? Mirror Entity only triggers on played minions.

Rattlegore obviously does not work that way. A dead minion has zero health, right? So the deathrattle would resummon it at -1 health, it would immediately die, it would resummon again at -2 health, etc. Nobody expects it to work that way.

Buffs/debuffs are cleared and then it is resummoned.