Quilboar or Quil-Bore? BG

95% champion of BG will be Quilboar.
Occasional Poisioned Murloc, or very rare elemental.

5 of 8 players will do the quilboar path.
-3 will get outdrawn on the boars early and die quickly, finish 6, 7 ,8
-2 will duke it out for the crown, finish 1 and 2.
*** I will add that some will have success with a multi-type deck.

3 of 8 players will do something other than quilboar (single type). They will finish 3, 4, and 5. They will make strong decks of something else that would be worthy of a win before the QBs made it to BG, but now… a top 4 win is all one can hope for (and likely have good odds of getting top 4… just not top 2).

Sound about right?

Rinse, Repeat.

2 Likes

It’s in “BETA” no complaining.

1 Like

Well they are purposefully left in rotation cause they just released.

Imo the key to boars is the on 4 and 3 tier. Groundshaker or whatever with an efficient coin farm is pretty out of control, even worse it’s at a point in the game where people just get smoked by it and smacked for 3/4 life

I imagine creative use of poison on a taunt card buffed to the max will become standard in everyone’s lineup.

I’m still seeing dragons and murlocs in top 4, the key seems to be having one card to efficiently farm blood coins and grab the 5 star quillboar that buffs all minion types. If you ask me seeing a dragon or pirate deck buffed by the one quillboar is insane.

But hey it’s still beta. You know. Don’t know what that word means anymore but hey beta be beta

All BGS is now is a race to the boars to win, its rare and I mean RARE that any other tribe can win and even when they do its all because of some sort of boar tie in. You can win without boars anymore without some sort of INSANE GOD draw.

Blizzard has made the mode completely boring and typical. Everyone rushes to tier 3 and 4 to get those key boar minions and the people who get them win and thats it. Every lobby now has at least 70% of it going for boars. Even if you want to go against the meta and try to build something different you can’t get past round 5 before some high-rolling boar hits you for 25 damage.

The meta was so much better before boars.

1 Like

I had this weird build with al’akir which almost got first

Golden macaw golden selfless hero 4 poisoned murlocs

I couldn’t find a maexxna or spore to complete the build otherwise I would win because the last fight was very close

Well I agree. Fun is relative I always seem to see something that makes me scratch my head. I just won a game simply cause im tickatus and got a give a minion 10 10 divine shield and wind fury. Yea used that on a 1 1 poison jaun. Instantly erase a full lineup that took 17 turns to create.

I’ll take it but I also know it’s such a cheap victory.

They do need to nerf boars, but at the same time they need to address the power creep in the game mode as a whole. This will probably be controversial, but I think they need to change it so tripling a minion gives you a discover of a minion one tavern above the minion you tripled. I think it would encourage more recycling of minions, slow the games down a bit and prevent a lot of the absurd swings happening almost every game.

3 Likes

damn that’s a really really good suggestion, never thought of that before

Quillboars are so good that even when my build isn’t quilboars, once I get the tier 5 and 6 quillboars I just switch and those are the games I win. :confused:

Its so stupid not even all poison murloc can compete, not even close … pirates ? good luck with that , you will need to highroll so much like never before xD
its crap, bg’s need to go offline for few days and they should fix it…

What could be made to nerf quillboars?

Charlga definetely needs a nerf, maybe give all your quillboars +1 +1, NOT blood gems

Remove/redesign the tauren duo, remove divine shield from that frenzy: gain divine shield guy…i don’t know