Quest shaman possibly?

Wondering if a control quest shaman might be heading this way soon. Cthun with that one card that makes your hero power cost “0”. 60 damage ain’t to bad for one turn if it can be pulled off

1 Like

Oh god I didn’t think about this! Yikes!

Even bad Shaman is pretty good at staying alive until it runs out of cards.

I am thinking it might be too hard to pull off, but one never knows, shaman has some good healing and control cards

I’m planning about playing quest shaman in wild, with the elemental that draws 5 mana spells, ctun and shudderwock
the prime may be too slow to draw spells, but maybe…

That was the first thing I thought of. Feels very possible, as shamans main problem right now is their win condition. You would need to find the time to cast the spells depending on the meta, but this will be the first thing I try!

Seems to be too cute a combo. By the time you get it online 30 should be good enough so why jump through the extra hoops? Why win when i can BM myself into losing more games to win more that one time i pull it off?

Ooooo quest lock auto include! Though I should probably post this comment on a different thread though discussing the card

Maybe. Too bad the quest will only be in the Standard meta with Cthun for 1 season. :slight_smile:

Wait 1 season is that like 1 year or less?

1 season being 1 expansion. :slight_smile: The quest will rotate out of Standard in 1Q of 2021, at which point Quest Shaman will be relegated to Wild. A “season” in HS is just 4 months. A “year” (like Year of the Phoenix) is 12 months and contains 3 seasons. Year of the Dragon will rotate out of Standard in early 2021 and with it will go Rise of Shadow (bye bye Lackeys), Saviors of Uldum (bye bye quests), Descent of Dragons (bye bye Galakrond), and also Galakrond’s Awakening cards (bye bye nothing very important).

2 Likes

Aww no my quests!
Your killing me man :confused:

Thank you for the information.

An expansion is 4 months, a season is 1 month, like in end of season rewards.

1 Like

Meh in the current meta c’thun in any form is wayyy to slow imo…

If they’d give us enough control tools it could change to the opposite direction.

I would like to have a better version of abomination; but a tool like this may be too good

I’m not seeing a ton of synergy between the Darkmoon C’Thun and the Quest.

A. the fragments are all spells, so they don’t advance the quest or have synergy with the upgraded hero power.

B. Tour Guide (the free hero power guy) is probably too useful to keep around until you draw out most of your deck.

C. Quest Shaman was always more about generating cards / value than it was about drawing a bunch of cards.

D. C’Thun is probably just too slow in Shaman, 60 damage payout or not.

Okay, I read up on the card more, and now see the 4 5 cost spells prerequisite, seems to me that maybe a lorekeeper deck could be used to pull off cthun more than anything,new shall have to see how easily it can be pulled off

C’Thun’s parts activate Groundskeeper’s healing, which is a nice bonus for Control Shaman archetypes; quest or no quest.

1 Like