Quest? No thank you

Anyone else banning Quest decks from their gameplay? I’ve won and lost against all of them but I just find them annoying now and just concede and move on. Terrible game mechanic in my opinion.

8 Likes

I actually let others play what they want , how unoriginal of me .

10 Likes

Never said they couldn’t play what they want. Just made a point that I won’t waste my time on those who play quests.

2 Likes

Why? I always play against anyone I meet. I might concede early, when there is no hope left, but not at the start. Maybe they get a bad draw, maybe I get lucky or my deck is favored. I would never find out, if I didn’t atleast try it.

1 Like

Quest are just over used at this point. I don’t hate them but i had the same problem with aggro decks, i just move on, i don’t have time to play vs the same decks over and over again that play the exact same way every game to the point of insanity.
And its funny so many stuff gets spammed non stop legit takes 60-70% of the class and its not nerf’d and now they nerf’d barnes a card that legit is seen once in 1000 games.

Blizzard just don’t know how to make this game “balanced” in the deck veriety department. They ratter make 1000 bad choices for the game then to make one good one.

3 Likes

I didn’t care for the quest mechanic the first time Blizzard did it. I like it even less now, but if paying customers want this have at it. I only play one or two games every session these days so it doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

I’m pretty much playing Quest decks exclusively these days (mostly Priest, Rogue, and Shaman, with the occasional Hunter thrown in). They’re fun, and probably one of the main reasons why I’m playing more of Uldum than I did RoS.

4 Likes

It’s just a lazy and now repetitive mechanic in my opinion. It puts a timer and a trajectory on the game. It was novel at first despite some of the more broken ones (1st quest rogue) but it grew tiresome quickly and has never really changed. Every time I see a quest now, I know how the game will unfold and that predictability kills the fun.

3 Likes

If predictability kills your fun you might as well pack it in and deinstall. That’s about all there is left in HS

2 Likes

So because you hate the decks, you’re giving the people who play them free wins? Brilliant!

5 Likes

If you lose to Warrior Quest, delete your account

3 Likes

Nah I like to use my custom mage against them, rouge and shaman are the most challenging imo

Win 5 in ranked for this months chest. Meh, okay, its ranked 20

1st draw Gold Bordered Druid playing Quest deck.

Goes second has coin - completes Quest even faster.

Double everything at turn 5.

Del over 30 dmg in 3 turns to your opponent and restore yourself to full Life. GG.

Yep. Nice design.

1 Like

Seems like EVERY player is playing them, it’s annoying, and not much of a challenge as previous quests were.

4 Likes

Just faced Mr Legendary Deck capable deck

IN CASUAL. Farming of course.

Had em on the ropes on turn 5 as I had a 9/10 and Void Walker to block.

Had em down to 6 health. But double swipes. They always have these.

Double Oassis Surgers. Four 5/5s with rush. They always have these.

Starfall they always have this. Insta board sweep.

Need cards in a pinch? How about a Nourish? Great thanks RNG.

Cenarious yep.

And just like that. 1 2 3 RNG right after EASY Quest completion with - got my board control cards in hand to boot at the start! Wrath etc.

Its what they call one of those Braindead decks.

It does all the work for you.

5 Likes

If that’s how they have to win, so be it. The concede loss is well worth it if I don’t have to play against the same boring decks day in and day out. It’s not they’re hard to beat. It’s that they’re tired and stale at this point. Glad I can still come up with successful original decks instead of playing Hearthstone paint by number decks.

I completely agree: i too instaconcede against long control matchups, i cant be bothered to sit 20 minutes to have some rich kid unpack his whole deck doing nothing but removing stuff. Many like that, but i dont.

4 Likes

Ugh. Wild Casual is getting infested with these paint by number quest decks. I maybe play one game out of five anymore.

I concede from the start if the guy takes too long to choose his/her cards, when the match doesn’t matter that much.

1 Like

It’s getting painful. I haven’t seen a Shaman that isn’t that deck. At least mage is challenging. You have to do something and work for it. Shaman, just load your deck with the same 1 cast cards… you finish the quest in 3 seconds. This time around seems to be very unbalanced. Haven’t come across a Rogue or Warrior one yet

1 Like