PSA - may want to save your season rewards packs

So you don’t need to waste extra gold after the mini-set drops

2 Likes

Isn’t the content of what you get from a pack, established once it gets into your account? At least that’s how I thought it worked

I already opened my packs.

It’s cool.

No, there is some evidence that the rarity distribution is fixed, but the specific cards are not.

For example, I opened my Mage and Hunter packs after Darkmoon Faire went live, and I received only Darkmoon Faire cards, which were not available when I received the class-specific packs.

3 Likes

It’s when you bust open the pack. I remember when they first implemented the duplicate protection, there were questions about this and they said you could save your packs until the duplicate protection go live date and they would be protected.

1 Like

Wow.
Then yeh. we should do that for sure!

Need to be more specific.
IF the player’s collection is small, then saving the packs may not benefit the player as date of release has not been announced.
IF the player had achieve >80%common+rare, then saving the packs can benefit as per your suggestion.

2 Likes

I’m going to open until I hit my next legendary pity timer, but I might save any that I earn after that. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 Likes

I did it as well.

I ended up with 0 legendaries and -400 gold as well :rofl:

I’ll keep going! I’m sure there will be events that will eventually give us many resources Kappa

I mean, we’re getting free packs tomorrow for monthly ranking rewards, so those should help. I have some gold, but I won’t use it until after I open those free packs.

Oh, I already opened the monthly packs, still nothing. That’s why I spent some extra gold

We don’t know whether the mini set and Darkmoon shares the same packs yet. For all we know, they might be using different packs. Saving monthly packs is a good idea nonetheless.

They already told us that the mini-set would be added to Darkmoon Packs.

1 Like

Do we know when it’s coming out, the mini set?

That’s my normal plan, but in my current situation - my pity timer is @ 12, idk how much gold I can expect to have on hand and the mini set I’m pretty much saving everything.

I don’t want top get too far off on a rant, but imho the whole mini set is an awful idea from a player perspective.

Never would I have expected to say / think that opening actual packs was a bad idea, but here we are.

:+1:t2:

I am feeling this already. I opened less packs than normal to ensure getting the most of this mini set.

Which is BS they’re pulling this on us.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but I was under the impression that the contents of a card pack are not “set in stone” until the pack is actually opened. I remember reading about this a couple of years ago. Blizzard had said that since its all based on rng coding and the coding doesn’t kick in until you open the pack there’s no way to tell what’s in it until it’s opened. Because it’s essentially a pack of potential and not actual cards.