Problems with Jr. Tomb Diver

1. Why is there no secret counter? This would be excusable, but with Jan’alai, the Dragonhawk already having one there is no reason she should not have one also. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice.
  2. Why does she not work with Mysterious Tome? The text says: “Battlecry: If you played 6 Secrets this game, your Hero Power becomes ’ Discover a Treasure’.”
    Mysterious Tome: “At the start of the game, play 3 random Secrets.”
    It makes zero sense for these cards to not work together.
13 Likes

I have the same complaining.

There is no secret counter on her AND the mysterious tome not working.

Mysterious Tomes is already a really weak Treasure, I only picked it because it says that it plays 3 secrets to combo with the Tomb Diver but NOPE, it does not work.

3 Likes

That sounds like an oops to me.

Feel the difference between “You played 6 secrets” and “Mysterious Tome played 3 secrets”.

That wording clearly implies, that you are the one playing the secrets though.

1 Like

After 2 runs while trying to create secret decks I have not once been able to activate the power on the card.

In the 7 chances I got to select from buckets I got 1 extra secret on the first run and 2 on the second which totals 4 and 5 secrets per deck, nevermind the fact that you have to draw and play them all.

Secrets cheated out with Mysterious Tome, Advanced Targeting Monocle which both say ‘play’ over the tranditional use of ‘put’ used by the likes of Mad Scientist and Arcane Keysmith aren’t counted, I believe there should at least be some consistency in wording. How do you expect to actually make use of this card?

Balance seems real lazy here Blizz

1 Like

Pretty sure there’s been issues raised with inconsistencies in words used in the past, by proxy you use the Mysterious Tome and therefore play the secrets at the start of the game. If it said ‘put’ there wouldn’t be a misunderstanding

2 Likes

This. There’s no need for a rules brigade with HS, because there are no official rules that determine how a card resolves.

There are programming rules for cards, and the text on those cards, and unlike many similar card games, these two are almost entirely separate. In some cases (like keywords) there may be some coupling, but for the most part, there are no rules that prevent Mysterious tome from, I dunno, triggering making mummies and making the screen turn blue. And if it does, it’s perfectly sensible to ask Blizzard to change the card text.

I think we should be more open to complaints like this, and ask Blizzard to make their card text more consistent and intuitive. Like, I legit feel there should be a forum dedicated to this, if there isn’t one already.

5 Likes

Apparently we are getting an upgraded version of the card, which only requires 3 secrets, after beating all the bosses with Reno. Turning a bad card into a playable one only after completing the entire adventure is questionable design by itself, but I guess it would be fine if the way the card worked was more intuitive. It would make the upgraded version kinda OP, but honestly who cares, it’s a solo adventure after all.

2 Likes

But the panda mage “Lei” says ‘you’ too but he duplicates spells cast by the the scrolls of the Book of Wonder.

Now the question: does the Tomb diver considers the scroll as YOU…? Just so you can see how HS card text never makes sense.

They probably didn’t bother with a counter because if you beat all 4 Plague Lords (either “just” beat them, or beat them specifically with said adventurer) the Jr. cards transform into a Sr. version (yes, Shaman’s 4/4 Charge Windfury deal 4 damage to a minion at end of turn becomes even crazier!). Sr. Tomb Diver requires only 3 Secrets to have been played, which is small enough to not need a counter.

Doesn’t change that Jr. Tomb Diver still should have a counter, of course. 6 is just too much to keep remembering how many you’ve played

Even if it needed 2 secrets, there is no reason to not put a counter, since there is already this mechanics in other cards.

Just completed my 3rd attempt at secret mage, picked up 8 extra secrets for a total of 11, several secret draw cards and a couple cloud princes to boot. It’s possible but very difficult to pull off (doesn’t have the amazing treasure feel)

Deck also had 8 Fal’Dorei Stiders, new rouge quest and 2 Valeera’s. With 4 different hero powers per game I kinda felt like a boss.

God bless RNJesus

I pulled the Tomb Diver power too, the “Discover a Treasure” hero power is too Overpower and basically you win the game if you get it, even against Plague Lords.

I lost in the end :rofl: he c’thuned me for 30 clearing everything then it auto attacked. FML

Edit: On that note why create a boss that has an insta win condition, C’thun scoffs ‘‘oh you have full health let me change that to 0’’

1 Like

I don’t understand either. The Twist is the one that makes the boss playing C’Thun basically winning the game, otherwise you could still comeback.

If the Boss at least had a mechanic where he would hold his C’thun until he had no more cards on his Deck as a “sudden death” mechanic I would find it cool. But he simple randomly plays it whenever the dumb AI decides.

1 Like

It’s a really hard treasure to use. I’m 7 dungeon runs deep… I keep picking spell generation and the “secret” deck and I have never got her battlecry to trigger. Getting the game to give you 6 secrets seems like incredibly low odds.

by picking secrets to be added to your deck!!

did you even bother checking the cards offered ?

I think they stealth buffed the bias for the Secret bucket. I played with the Diver and I am getting a lot of Secret bucket offered.

1 Like

I’m not gonna confirm because lazy, but based on my experience with DH, I’m like 99% that picking a bucket significantly increases the odds of that bucket showing up your next pick. I dunno whether the treasures have this effect as well, but it might just come down to being offered the secret bucket early enough that you can take it a few times in a row.