Prince's Ring Treasure

I love this Treasure, but I feel it could be a bit better. I think it should be “Discover” a Death Knight power at the start of a match. Sometimes you get hit with a power that’s useless for your deck. This might help mitigate that a bit. Just an idea to make it a better choice.

2 Likes

This seems like a good suggestion, the ring feels really weak but I’d been struggling to find a choice which wouldn’t push it over the top.

It’s overall a bad treasure, even if you got to discover with it. Most of the Death Knight Hero Powers are either straight up bad or they rely on synergy with the class or the battlecry from the Death Knight.

In general there’ll only be 2 or 3 of the Hero Powers you’d want to take over the various alternate Hero Powers you can pick at the start, and it’ll depend on your deck.

Siphon Life and Build-a-Beast are both going to be better than what you start with and useful in almost any deck.

The situational ones:

• Plague Lord - It’s not bad, but it takes a certain style of deck to make worthwhile.
  • The Four Horsemen - If you can protect them you’ll win, otherwise a waste of time/mana.
  • Death’s Shadow - It has potential to be really good with the Gaudy Robes or otherwise loading up on cards you’d want to duplicate.
  • Void Form - Amazing if you get lots of cheap spells and/or get them discounted, mediocre if you don’t.

The really bad ones:

• Transmute Spirit - You could get that as a starting hero power if you wanted it.
  • Icy Touch - Without the battlecry from FLJ this is nearly pointless.
  • Bladestorm - There might be some good Enrage buckets when Warrior is available, but in general you’ll want to keep your own minions healthy and there are a couple of bosses that will murder you if you push the button.

Overall, even with Discover you’re more likely to be offered a Hero Power you just won’t benefit from than you are to be given the option to get something useful.

They need to buff this treasure. It’s one of the worst treasures and too weak to use.

Change to whatever, even if it’s “add a random Death Knight on your starting hand” is better.