Priest too powerful

Why does blizzard making this so powerful? It is absolutely ridiculous. With all the easy quest, all the rebuffs, half of the minions store health, not to mention the reborn taunts, and all the low-cost spells that get rid of a board. This hero is unbeatable. Doesn’t make it fun to play haearthstones anymore when you have to customize another hero to try and compete with the priest. Anyone who thinks the priest isn’t powerful is obviously a priest lover and plays the priest to climb the ladder because they can’t use their brains on another hero to have a challenge.

Please get rid of some of their cards that bring back so many minions that have been killed. The whole priest deck needs to be rebalanced.

11 Likes

Complaining about low tier 3 deck. This must be Hearthstone.

4 Likes

It isn’t. If you look at the matchup spread for Quest Resurrect Priest* you can see which decks perform well against Quest Resurrect Priest (any deck where the percentages are under 50% are matches where Priest is unfavored). Decks like Highlander Mage, Token Druid, or basically any common Rogue or Shaman deck are strong against it. Compared to the top decks of the meta, it’s a rather mediocre deck, but the quest does mean you have to approach the deck in a different way you would other Control decks (for one, you can’t really chip away at your opponents’ health slowly).

To be fair, according to the latest HSReplay meta data,** Quest Resurrect Priest is in low Tier 2 with a whopping 50.14% winrate.

*https://hsreplay.net/archetypes/310/quest-resurrect-priest#tab=matchups
**https://hsreplay.net/meta

1 Like

Standard or Wild?

Played Standard yesterday, with the “nefted to the ground” Galakrond Shammy. (My Homebrew version) 3 Rez priests. I won the two first. And lost the third, but had the Priest on 1 health before he outhealed me.

Standard. HSReplay doesn’t have enough Wild data to be reliable, IMO, so I don’t really rely on it for Wild-related stuff.

I wish it was as powerful as you claim dude there are no low cost mana for board clear except that breath that deals two damage to all minions except if you hold a dragon one and maybe silence all minions for 4 mana…the rest are 9 mana. What are you playing as anyway? Maybe we can help you with a strategy?

1 Like

priest has a good win rate vs all hunter decks…hunter is the most popular class

so of course the deck winrate increased

I’ll admit I haven’t been paying close attention to the meta, but as far as I recall Resurrect Priest hasn’t been a tier 3 deck since SoU came out.

Priest’s special ability IS resurrect, it’s what makes it a unique hero. Priest is not OP, Priest may be annoying but definitely not OP. If you play against a priest, get ready to play a long game which can be reduced if you play Rogue.

I’ve lost to Priest many times BUT I usually beat Priest b/c I use Sap and Flik Skyshiv. The trick against Priest is to go wide and build a board so when they drop Convincing Infiltrator, you can clear and hopefully lose a small minion. Next turn build up the board again and if you have sap, use it then to remove his minion and go face. That’s how I counter Priest and that’s how I usually beat them.

Not against me, but ok, fair point.

Priest is very annoying and very unbalanced, more than a magician, but one thing is true with a servant, a demon and a bonus of strength that you gain easily, get a sarcastic easily with 4 mana that my demon already had 10/10 .

And there it is. Do you have the deck that counters the Priest deck for when the “moments” happen in the game. You win. If you don’t you lose. Its al a matter of having the primo mulligan and being ready for Khartut on 6, Convincing on 5, Zilliax, Waterbearer… You know the cards are going to drop. You know there is a strong chance a copy is going to drop all in the first half of the deck. Are you ready for the follow the yellow brick road systematic play?

2 Likes

That’s not, at all, what HSReplay data shows.

If you feel you’re going to lose against this deck with your current deck iteration, why not try polluting the Priests rez pool. Use cards such as :

Drakkari Trickster, Bad Luck Albatross, Flight Master, Fishflinger, Mischief Maker, Tanglefur Mystic, Saronite Taskmaster.

Tech in different cards like Polymorph, Hex, Spellbreaker, Faceless Manipulator, I mean even try Holomancer, if the cards are as predictable as you seem to encounter try different things. Also tech class specific cards that disrupt the rez pool, use (Mana cost +) cards use (Minion cost +) cards.

Go Casual and try a few games and get used to the flow, don’t be afraid to play Trickster or Mischief Maker, Fishflinger or any other card, if you feel like it’s unbeatable, have some fun experimenting.

1 Like

@Termiteguy
I dont think priest is too powerfull, and i play mage and rouge mostly. Your claim is biased and not based in fact

1 Like

If its beating hunters to a pulp then I’m all for it

2 Likes

Bad luck albatross does NOT pollute the minion pool. Nothing forces the priest to actually play the albatrosses he draws.

Priest has never been OP and never will, everyone has a counter and it just so happens to be your hero that it counters.

If you really believe priest is that good, Im sure you haven’t met the other heroes.

Although the Kabal guy + shadowform anduin (dont know the names of either) was a somewhat annoying combo

True, but it does perhaps force the priest to make a play they might not usually make, stall a turn, increase hand size with a mill possibility if they choose to hold it. Using “Duel” gives you a chance to pull an albatross out. Disrupting the normal flow for the priest card cycle is more appropriate for Standard I suppose.

I do this alot in Wild more to the point, using Brann + Fishflinger + Trickster is always a laugh. “Treachery” + (anything) the list goes on. Tinkmaster is good for a giggle as well.