Hearthstone Muslim Togetherness Thread

As-salaam ‘alykum, my brothers and sisters. Welcome to the Hearthstone Muslim togetherness thread. Please feel free to rest a while here and discuss all manners of faith, your lifes or how hearthstone impacted you has one of God’s faithful.

Today’s Topic: The Five Pillars of Islam : Part 5 . Hajj - Pilgrimage

4 Likes

I was surprised to find out about Varden being non binary. It’s not really commented on or anything in the game. I only found out because I randomly got them from a pack and went looking online for strategies.

Kind of interesting in media sometimes when other characters just kind of know the gender of other characters even though it can be ambiguous to the viewers. Like, Ducky from “The Land Before Time” was a girl, but I thought they were a boy when I first watched it. Rhokara knows that Varden uses neutral pronouns even though there’s no on screen conversation where that is mentioned.

I guess you can just assume these conversations are happening offscreen.

2 Likes

Tbh, I’m surprised Warcraft/Hearthstone has these factors. Azeroth is constantly under the peril of old golds, demons, or hell itself. It’s a wonder to me how one would have the time to question their sexuality when you’re one bad raid away from the end of existence

30 Likes

Definitely both of those. I also enjoyed seeing Liv front and center during the card reveals.

2 Likes

Who is Liv? Is that one of the mercenaries?

1 Like

Is that all that different from being one bad driver away from the end of your own existence?

3 Likes

I am glad to see this thread is doing so well but please stay on topic

Edit: spelling

1 Like

The problem with this comment is that it highlights your lack of understanding the point of pride in the gay movement. As has been explained this is a month to celebrate the freedom of sexuality that was, sadly, prohibited in the past and the normalization of LGBTQ+.

5 Likes

She’s a transgender developer on the HS team. She’s done a couple of reveal streams.

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Liv_Breeden
3 Likes

Why do people always jump to “It is an mental condition” It is not that simple. Yes mental illnesses do exist and for that reasen (at least in my country) you have to talk to psychologists before you can make decisions about things like sex changes.

Nobody is harming you and your loved ones with this, so let people do what they want.

On the other hand i do not like political or religious topic in my games (if it is not part of the story the game want to tell), so i am with you on that one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

People want to be accepted. I guess you’d rather we just die.

On the subject of LGBTQI+ I will guided by Islam.

1 Like

Back to the topic:

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/3202-blizzard-launches-the-pride-collection-on-the-gear-store-to-show-your-pride

This is cool. I’d love to see some pride hero skins. Maybe with some emotes to match. I can just picture Valeera in an outfit similar to Diao Chan, but with more rainbows. Opening line: Love is love, but I’m still going to kick your @$$.

What heroes would you want to see showing pride, what would they wear, and what would their opening line be?

2 Likes

I like to ask “bible truthers” if they shave a woman’s head when she doesn’t cover it, demand they be silent in church and ask their husbands when they get home, only pray in the closet, or protest every time a school hires a woman.

It’s even more fun if they say the old testament is the true word of god and all of his rules must be followed.

Then again, I live in the American South. Christians here don’t even love they neighbor, give to the poor, or turn the other cheek. It’s all “shoot the welfare-lovin’ scum.”

The bible is a collection of stories. Some make for great life lessons. Some can be entertaining. Some, oddly enough, didn’t appear until centuries after the others but are still held in the same regard. My favorite is one of the passages about forgiving adultery. I wish I could remember which one, but the up shot is that it doesn’t appear until centuries after the other Jesus sermons. It makes me wonder which pastor was about to be busted for cheating and wrote a real quick sermon… “Hey, babe… I know I screwed up. But remember, Jesus said to chill out.”

I highly recommend a book called Misquoting Jesus by Bart Ehrman. He traces the original manuscripts as far back as we can find and then shows how they changed (intentionally or by accident) throughout the years. Sometimes it’s blatant changes, like with many things in the King James version. Sometimes it looks like transcription errors or things that slip in when stories are shared orally, like the inconsistencies among the four gospels. It’s a fascinating resource for the history of the bible itself as well as textual criticism.

3 Likes

I forgot to bump this thread up but wtf, why has this thread died so easily? Anyway bump.

Because it turned to religion and politics.

1 Like

moments that made me smile is “literally any time an orc woman appeared on screen”

1 Like

huh? 16 charecters required

Assuming you’re talking to Joan, her only other post makes me think she’s talking to the haters and telling them to go away.

Of course…But what I want isn’t part of what we are discussing here.