Prep nerfed! How to play sprint now?

Agree, nerfing the other cards and prep is a bit too much.

3 Likes

i wouldnt have minded prep nerf if they would actully do balance and change the cost of almost all rogue spells (lower) by 1/2(for some)

You’d play it as a 5 Mana Draw 4. That’s still playable for certain.

Prep is still a very strong card, but it will certainly effect the big tempo plays Rogue are known for, which is the thing that has it so dominant right now.

Ah, but it’s not quite a five Mana draw four either, because you have to have another specific card in your hand to get it there.

3 Likes

Nourish draws 3 (effectively +2 cards) for 5… sorry 6 mana.

Prep + Sprint draws 4 (effectively +2) for 5 mana.

Prep is still quite solid with Sprint.

and nourish wasnt ever very good draw.
and sprint with prep is 2cards.

and fine/balanced,doesnt make it for constructed ,arena mainly but constructed.

1 Like

This.

They admit prep limits design.

Correction. It HAS limited PAST DESIGNS by that logic…

Are they going to fix all the old cards that were dezigned aroind old prep?

1 Like

Same old blizzard. Print idiotically overtuned crap like waggle pick and raiding party and then, when the inevitable nerfs come, wreck the classic set.

6 Likes

C’mon, those who are complaining “How we’ll play Sprint now”, did you see many Rogues who would play Sprint in their decks with unnerfed Prep? (Spoiler: 1 of 100, maybe a little more frequently in Legend’s basement)

So your complaints make no sense actually.

5 mana draw 4 isn’t too bad

Again, its not a Single 5 Mana spell.

You need to put 4 cards in your deck instead of 2 and have both of them in your hand

1 Like

Blizzard: We think we should nerf raiding party cause rogues have very powerful draw options like, with prep and sprint you can draw 4 cards for 4 mana!

Also Blizzard: Prep should be nerfed cause using it in conjunction with sprint gives you 4 cards for 4 mana, or raiding party gives you 3 cards for 0 mana!

1 Like

We also don’t know what they have lined up for next xpac or if they plan to add/rotate cards into classic set either.

Lets test this out and see how it works first before we jump into the doom and gloom talk.

Same tired argument has been made to justify nerfs like this in the past. The doom and gloom is real. Rogue is now dead. Just like druid before it and druid’s Ramp game has not recovered and didn’t recover with the new expansion. I’d rather not have to wait 6 to 9 months in hopes of Blizzard to fix or supplement its heavy handed nerfs. There was no need to quash rogue with these sweeping nerfs. They clearly wanted to kill the class for the foreseeable future. There’s no wait and see. It’s patently obvious.

1 Like

Sprint never was a really good card to start with.

It has nothing wrong but the effect is so big that made it’s cost unviable.
It is like make a 10 Mana 10/10 that draws a card.

There will be nothing wrong but it will be to slow to justify the big body.

You’re the kind of dude that would sue a business when you trip and fall down their stairs.

I don’t understand how everyone is shocked by this nerf. We all knew it was coming.

According to VS report, Token Druid is still being played and Aggro Druid has made a comeback in Wild. There are also a few jade druids here and there.

I can’t even remember the last time I ever saw Sprint being used especially since Myras Unstable Element was released.

No, I’m the kind of dude who hold people responsible for their actions and doesn’t let people get away with saying and doing stupid S.

1. They say Prep limits design.
  2. Now that they nerfed it, it opens up design space to make cool new spells!

Dude, saying these 2 things admits that, in the past, Prep has limited the design of spells.

THIS MEANS that there are EXISTING SPELLS OUT THERE that were designed around “OLD PREP”!

Do you deny this?

THEREFORE!!!

There are a bunch of old spells that are costed around the OLD WAY PREP WORKED.

Do you not understand this?

And, if you allow your steps to be covered in some slippery substance such as ice outside or a liquid inside and you fail to maintain said stairs…

And I fall.

You will be held accountable.

Do you understand?

Watch your step today! :slight_smile:

It is more that they limited the kinds of spells the developers gave rogue, because any of them could have been 3 mana cheaper.

They didn’t make any of the individual spells extra expensive because of prep.

There is no need to go back and change any of them.

It does now allow them to make a few more mid range mana cost spells with potent effects now that prep is a bit weaker and the combo/free tempo potential has been brought down.

Maybe.

I was just illustrating Blizzards “logic”.

So, I can still be bitter knowing that X amount of spells were never even created because of “Old Prep” and now “technically” Rogue has a smaller existing arsenal (and perhaps some over costed cards) because of old prep.

Sure, the future is brighter now. All daisy’s and rainbows for all future Rogue spells!