Prefer Serious or Silly Expansions?

As the topic says, do you prefer silly or more serious expansions?

For myself, I generally prefer expansions to be a bit more serious with some story.

I actually like the sillier ones better

Do you have a favorite expansion?

I suspect you are excited for Whizbang’s Workshop. The silly levels seem pretty high!

I actually liked whispers the most as my favorite expansion because of the card design and how much I was playing the game at the time even though it was more serious, but thematically yeah i prefer the silly ones, such as whizbang/the darkmoon faire one

I vote for silly.

As long as they come up with funny cards like Costume Singer, Benevolent Banker, Sir Murlocula and Murloc Holmes, I’m fine

2 Likes

For the most part I like story driven expansions, but I definitly dont have a problem and enjoy the silly ones around once a year

1 Like

Serious across the board. But hearthstone has always been tongue in cheek in general so it’s not a deal breaker or anything. At least it’s not randomly crossing over with other completely unrelated franchises all the time.

3 Likes

I like both i think there are people that might like one or the other however i like both :slight_smile:

1 Like

As long as there is balance between the two, they both have their certain appeal.

1 Like

I like both, For me serious expansions are cool and I enjoy them but I feel they would lose some appeal if they were the only ones and silly expansions are a fun break from the serious ones which wouldn’t be anywhere near as fun if the serious ones weren’t there.
So I think they both improve each other

2 Likes

I prefer Witchwood, give us more odd/even support, it’s a cool way to build decks and incorporate hero powers

1 Like

why not both?:slight_smile:
20 characters