Predict the dark horse that no one thinks will be good

So everyone thinks burgle rogue is going to meme i do not you heard it first this deck is going to be broke.
Burglar rogue will have possibly one of the most explosive early game if they can bring down the rush minion on turn 2 imagine both turn 2 and then u stil get ur value from discovered classes granted its random.
I can see this deck getting board pressure and value this deck going to be good.
What deck do you think will do good that one is speaking off or rates poorly.

4 Likes

eyes the room waiting for the right time to yell out “ME GO FACE!”

2 Likes

Demon Hunter has the potential to screw over the whole meta at any given point, a few cards a bit to strong and all hell breaks loose.
The Hero card worries me greatly.
Legendary · Hero · Fractured in Alterac Valley · Battlecry: Summon two /4 Demons with Rush. (Improved by your hero attacks this game.)

2 Likes

I am not sure what is being spoken of around the grapevine. However, after glancing at a few things from Alterac, I expect the best deck in the meta will be Demon Hunter.

I dont think it will be a dark horse this deck is going to be strong i think we all can see it.

3 Likes

Realy i saw most streamers reviews few think highly of the card…
Even Vs thinks Demon Hunter wont be anything special coming this expansion.
I hope so but my huge bias against the class has me on edge.

Did not know that very interesting.

I don’t know the public opinion, but for me “the ice lord” will be good.

and also, paladin hero will be bad

Think taking half dmg going to be good.

1 Like

Tbh i do enjoy these kinds of decks (every class can actually pull that)

Where your entire deck is steal , copy or discover cards , making every match different :wink: so i do hope of of the class can pull up a t3 maybe , t2 deck with it …

Even watching the streams… While the burgle synergies were indeed explosive tempo… The random cards were typically laughably bad once the early game was over.

if the tradable ooze wasn’t in standard, I would think it too.

People hate to use tech cards, so maybe it will be good regardless of the special ooze :joy:

1 Like

Everyones sleeping hard on that Paladin Bridge , that takes off and good luck to whoever is not playing Mage.

1 Like

I think mage has a place in the meta as the super hard counter to priest.
i know rogue can too but putting alot of sheep into priest wow lol.

1 Like

Priest wont see that much play but i think Paladin will, thats where Big Spell Mage will get its wins.
With enouth Paladins in the meta Big Spell Mage might even make it to tier 2.

Secret Hunter might be better than people are giving it credit for.

I completely forgot about the 3 mana Emerald Spell Stone from Darkmoon Faire. It’s definitely easier to get more secrets out faster for that card.

5 Likes

midrange freeze/HP hybrid mage
i´m already at 50%ish winrate with the deck and it gains a lot.

apart from that hopefully burgle rogue, token DH will also be strong with the giants.

I don’t see how Burgle Rogue can be good when Academic Espionage wasn’t even that good. Random cards aren’t good because they aren’t consistent. For a deck to be good and in the meta, it needs to be consistent in what it does.

I think there are cards we’re going to see a lot of but they won’t be broken. For example, some cards I think that will see play a lot are:

Kobold Taskmaster : getting 2 spells that give +2 health is pretty good. Especially if you save those up and slap them on Moonfang.

Legionnaire seems to be a dang good hit off the Priest deathrattle discovery and might see more play than we expect. Might even see this in Handbuff Paladin, who knows?

But I think the real winner is Shaman. Snowfall Guardian is SO good. It was hitting the board, freezing everything and then becoming a 8/8 for 5 that your opponent can’t hit with minions next turn. I think Snowfall Guardian is a real sleeper card.

2 Likes

to be fair i think there are other categories of “good” at work for a deck like burgle rogue…if it´s tier 3 ish i for one will happily play it (probably will still do so if it´s tier 5 as i love adapting on the fly).
it really does not have to be close to tier 1 (probably shouldn´t be or it´ll be a balancing hazard).

Problem with Snowfall Guardian is it probably won’t have a great deck to fit into.

You can’t really run it in Aggro or Midrange since it freezes your own minions, and Control Shaman will probably be bad.

It’s just too slow with not enough proactive cards. It’ll get stomped by OTKs.