Positive topics that you would like to see in this forum - part3

I had been looking through my past posts and responses, and thinking of a few stuffs, with some conclusions…

I am/had been trying to be careful of posts I make, and control myself as much as possible to create good contents for the community. While disappointed that many things did not go off, I am still some what come into acceptance of what the HS forum is and how it operates.

This will probably be my last attempt to “experiment” on the potential of how far I can contribute to this forum. But, do not feel obliged to participate, reply or comment if you feel uncomfortable.

Thus, after some reviews and thoughts, I was think to do instead of weekly topics, and changed it to interval topics.

1. Monthly(or pre-expansion) Q&A - Much like the AMA we see on reddit, this however will be player initiated, to gather queries from the community. Since, this is not officially started by the Dev/Mods, there is high chance the questions will not get replied. Thou, it is still good to gather players questions in 1 common place >> possible future AMA-like platform for communication. (update: on hold)
  2. Monthly(or pre-expansion) Let’s be friends - There are a few thread that the community are actively looking for new friends. However, I feel it is tedious to continually just follow 1 thread, where members might be no longer active. Thus, by having a e.g. monthly thread, we will be able to know at least the members on the list are relatively active. (update: on hold)
  3. Monthly Information - I had done this in the past collecting announcements, interviews, etc under a common thread for easy referencing. However, I have no confidence to be able to commit time and energy to handle this effectively alone, thus I shall not embark on this.

These are my current desired contributions, which I think I can commit my time and energy maintaining. (till whenever)

Should anyone have any other feedbacks and comments, feel free to add it below and I am appreciative of any.

Meanwhile, Good Luck and Have Fun.

7 Likes

Perhaps this should be a collaborative effort. I am happy to help any way I can!

2 Likes

It would be nice, but I am realistic not to expect anything.

1 Like

Well, let me know if you need anything.

2 Likes

In the future, perhaps if I finally get some things sorted out, sooner than later, I would not mind helping either.

Though I question my competences in that regard, supporting a good cause is a reward in and of itself.

1 Like

Kudos to you for this effort in contributing to the forums. I’ll certainly contribute where I can.

I am curious about the purpose of the monthly Q&A? How will it be different than an index of the current forums?

Any chance you would play the role of a “dev”? The questions would be “serious” and you would answer them as if you were “Dev for a day”.

There is 3 purpose.

1. Is to gather the community’s questions into one common thread. A periodic Q&A is more organised where forum members do not need to create multiple threads for common questions asked, and have them tracked more effectively. (e.g. question on X can be asked once every month, without need to create multiple threads)
  2. It is easier to bring these questions to the Mod/Dev attention, so they have less need to filter through multiple threads, and also create a common thread for them to reply to common question.
  3. Set a platform going forward to improve communication between players and Dev/mods. Once this thread gets the attention of Dev/Mod, then players are more confident that their questions are being heard. Future growth would hopefully be developed to make this forum as the default communication platform for players and Dev/Mod.

No, and also I do not expect the thread to become a discussion thread as well. It will be mainly for collection of player’s questions, and “waiting” to see if Dev/Mod response. Forum member are free to free their own separate discussion thread.

2 Likes