Plague lord Health reset

Hi,

Just faced against chapter 2 plague lord. With both of us att low HP I used ”Eye for an eye”. He attacked me and we both died resulting in defeat. However I got to immediatly fight him again but at a resetted 300hp. Bug or feature?

1 Like

Probably intended.

In other single-player content (dungeon run, monster hunt, etc), ties are generally treated as if they didn’t happen. You don’t get a treasure reward, and your next opponent is another boss from the same rank.

But Plague Lords are supposed to retain their health between encounters. Some people are reporting that even if they started the fight with the Plague Lord damaged, a tie will reset it to full. If it’s supposed to be as though the fight never happened, it should return to whatever health it had before.

If the Plaguelord started the fight damaged, and a tie reset him to full, then that does sound like a bug.

I wouldn’t say the fight didn’t happen. You didn’t lose, so you don’t have to restart, but you didn’t win, so you don’t advance. In the case of the Plague Lord, well, you did bring him down to zero health, so he gets reset.

That’s a logically plausible explanation, but it seems doubtful that anyone would intend for it to work that way. If the boss started at 50 health and your deck is only good enough to get in roughly 50 damage, you can end up in a spot where a stalemate has vastly worse consequences than just losing.

Reasoning aside, one of the devs has mentioned that the intended behavior is for the boss to be left at 1 health - https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/d6bqbl/be_warned_primordial_bulwark_does_not_work_like/f0rovj9/

I’m sure there is a bug,
Just didn’t a heroic mode with funky vs madness,
Had the hearthstone and use it around 90hp left,
And at the tavern (which I got the vip ticket)
Bought the tea set (4mana+2draw)
And start the lord at full hp (getting pretty angry but nvm, thinking it reset only on heroic),
Died at 240hp (fml),
And at title screen select, lord of madness at 300 hp like a boss -.-

I guess he really breaking the 4th wall by being the lord of madness (or the lord of salt)

This happened to me as well. Extremely frustrating getting a plague lord down to low health only to have it go way up after you die. Makes me not want to play this solo content right now. Please fix ASAP Blizzard!

Update,
This is more strange, after the lord of madness story,
Just died to a lord of murloc heroic run
With finly, (awesome run q.q, had the hearthstones by died just before using it), I died when he was around 50/70hp and now at the title screen it say 198 hp, which is pretty random

1 Like