People who say well play when winning

If someone wins and says well played, I feel it’s bad manners. If they lose and say well played, I think very highly of them.
If the loser says well played first, then yeah, follow it up with a well played.

This thread is delicious… nom nom nom nom

I start every match with a greeting. If the player responds with a greeting, I will give them a well played regardless if I win or lose. I have also used well played after an opponent has made a rather unique or impressive play.

I have also used well played to troll. When someone comes across as surly or tries to rope me, I let the ‘well played’s rain like singles at a strip club.

That’s my personal philosophy. TBH, must opponent’s end up squelched because they don’t respond back with a greeting.

2 Likes

is it really necessary to rub it in at a children’s card game?

For the sake of their innocence, please do not allow your children to play hearthstone.

3 Likes

I think that most are trying to be good sports with the limited tools Blizzard affords. Your taking offense says more about your frame of mind than theirs…

3 Likes

Well played is the nicest emote.

2 Likes

So your solution is that I need to squelch my opponent manually at the beginning of every match for the rest of my life… are you serious??

That’s what I do. I have no interest in empty pleasantries with strangers in an online card game, so I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything if my opponent says Greeting at the start of a match. But I really dislike the opponent emoting Greeting at me if I play too wide into a board clear. It’s rude and obnoxious and it ruins my whole game experience. So, I squelch every match. It would be nice if Blizzard allowed us to turn the squelch on and leave it on, so we didn’t have to activate it every single match.

Yawn…there’s an addon for that.

But then, you’re probably one of those players with a linear vision of what you want and nothing else matters. Good luck on your squelch crusade! I’m sure it will come ?Soon?

They are losers and this game is all they have man, have some pity on their poor souls and let them have their tiny moment.

This is a weird one.

I’ve been on the receiving end of a ‘Well Played’ at the end when my opponent has totally rolled me. I’m sitting here like: “How and where did I play well? If I played well, I would’ve won.” Lol.

However, even I have done it but I’ve always tried to make sure it’s done when I think my opponent literally hung in there and countered my moves and ended up losing. Now, I’m not sure if I should do it because my opponent may feel differently and I don’t want to antagonize them.

I only say ‘Greetings’ if someone does it first or ‘Wow’ if RNG gives a good legendary or other minion summon etc.

Sometimes you owned your opponent in the match, but you know… the luck was important to your win, so you show humble emoting “Well Played”.

When I am in bad mood, I just squelch every game.

Unfortunately, that is only available for PC users. Mobile users don’t have that option. If such an option were available for mobile users, I would gladly install it, even though it is quite likely a violation of the terms of use regarding automation.

Um, no. It squelches, it doesn’t automate anything, you poor thing…

I wish they had one that was “I’m sorry”

It automatically clicks the opponent hero and then the squelch button. It’s a script that takes action without you having to press buttons. It seems like it might be a violation of the terms of use. Now it may be a violation that Blizzard tolerates… for now. But if it is, in fact, an illegal script, you run the risk of losing your account by using it.

I agree, sometime i know i played like crap and i get a well played from my opponent when they KOed me. When i beat them in a follow up match, they didn’t say well played. This game is sad and this community is defending this behaviour.

1 Like

Well Heartstone is now classified as PEGI 7. PEGI advises the suitability and content of a game for a certain age range based on the games content. It doesn’t consider the difficulty of the game or the skill required to play it

After that being said, point is: if the game difficulty or the skill required to play was not suited for a 7 year old, then Blizzard wouldn’t care about censoring Jaina’s cleavage or the Succubus, they wouldn’t censor the blood in Eviscerate. They wouldn’t censor the violence in Deadly Shot, etc, and they would be fine with the game being age-rated higher.
I mean, why would they censor it, if it wasn’t a children’s game? Right?

But since they censor all of that, it means they actually develop this game for 7 years old children. Of course, you can still play it if you are 15, 20 or 30 years old, but it seems the game is not for you.

Or maybe they are just censoring the game because of China and it’s not meant to be played by 7 years old children. Who knows, right?

I use “well played” if… someone makes a good play.

I think the art change is less about catering to kids and more about catering to grownups. It’s just a little embarrassing playing a game with a ridiculous pinup girl like Cleavage Jaina… at least, if you’re older than 15.

2 Likes