People take too long to have their turns

It’s so painfully boring that it makes me not want to play. Every turn they wait until rope just to concoct the most brilliant play of casting a damage spell and using their hero power…
I feel like they’re doing it just to be annoying, or maybe their strategy is to bore me to death. Maybe we can have text chat so I can tell them to move their asses, or a “Hurry up” emote? Maybe a penalty for taking too long to have your turn.

22 Likes

They’re either too long or too short. It’s not enough time to got to the bathroom, but it’s too long to sit and wait.

Usually they are trolling, i do the same to people who rope, i rope them back, i just open another game in the background and entertain myself, sometimes they get it and play fatser sometimes they don’t in which i play my other game, Slowly.

7 Likes

So your response to trolling is to troll back?

2 Likes

Yes, and the Problem is ?

6 Likes

Well, doesn’t that make you a troll (too)?

3 Likes

No ? that makes me a MasterTroll or a TrollHunter :smiley:

8 Likes

I’ve noticed roping a lot more often, lately. Enough of a difference to make me wonder if people think this is an effective strategy…

Which is stupid because it gives me more time to consider my hand and come up with an optimal play for my upcoming turn if I don’t topdeck something kickass.

2 Likes

I don’t mind it because I have chrome tabs open when l’m playing anyway

When they eventually play they card, l usually instantly react with a “wow” emote, regardless of what they did.

2 Likes

People are considering their actions. The lower your rank is the more you see it. Most times it making sure the math is correct and you are killing things and placung things in order.

Now as for people that rope me. I dont let up on them. I tend to think 2-3 turns ahead so i lnow what is expected and chance of something dropping. Rope me 3 times ill plop my cards and sit there as well. If they start to play faster. Its rope till the bitter end. You shown you rope people before and its time for you to have the same thing handed to you. Hell i cleaned my appartment even vacuumed my place in one of these games and still won. Just changed the game to my phone and had it play it sounds and cleaned house.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s almost as if a bunch of new cards came out recently, and people are playing decks that are new or new-ish to them so that every play and counter-play isn’t an automatic impulse yet.

6 Likes

I tend to play fast and that causes me to misplay now and then.

Also sometimes I read some forum while playing and it has caused me to almost miss my entire turn now and then, it happens. I usually emote ‘oops’ unless I have reason to not care about my opponent’s feelings. I get distracted easier when people take long turns.

And sometimes I do hit the rope because I have several options and I’m thinking about what to expect later and which option will be more beneficial further in the game and especially with a new forming meta this can take longer.

But yeah, waiting for another player to make their turn makes me gravitate toward solo content more often. I don’t want to feel like another NPC my opponent is trying to beat, so I’ll just play against an NPC myself.

Its annoying at times. But you learn to cope. Either alt tabbing, or watching a movie on a different screen. They might be doing the same, but its bad manners to start off that way.

As an aside, if you just want quicker turns, Nozdormu can be in any deck. 15 second turns is pretty quick.

I noticed this before Uldum came out, but that is definitely part of it now. However, not every turn takes the full time - the cards might be new but most players know how to play. Multiple roped turns with cards played at the last second seems suspect.

Roping is a major issue.

4 Likes

This game is so slow it’s unbearable. I don’t know why they don’t have a quick mode yet or a time pool so you can take your time once or twice, but not every turn.

1 Like

I did make a stalling warrior to test exp gain from constant roping.
The results:
225 exp for an exactly 30 minute game in which you win. Bringing the exp per hour to 450 instead of the common 350 you should be getting. Ofc it’s hard to stall a game in our current age and it’s even harder to win on 30 min if the opponent didn’t concede already. Still this shows that it’s more efficient to press the hero power and stall than to actually play the game.
If you loose a 30+ min game you get 168 exp I think which is also good. So if your opponent concedes because they value their time It’s a net gain, and even if they don’t you just don’t care, because you were aiming to waste their time.

(no tavern pass)

You, I like you. Brilliant! Love it! Keep up the good work.

Don’t play a card game if you’re impatient.

2 Likes