Paid Single Player

I’m a bit disappointed in the move to making the single player content that comes with each expansion paid content. I really enjoy the single player modes. I greatly preferred having 2 expansions and one Adventure each year as it made getting the cards easier, but I was happy with the free single player mode taking its place. It seemed at the time that this extra content made up for, in a way, the added cost of having a 3rd full expansion every year. But now this too is becoming paid content.
I wonder if this was their plan all along? If so it was smart of them to wait and not introduce paid single player right after getting rid of Adventures for a third regular expansion. I remember that a lot of people were upset over the added cost that move caused. Now it’s theyve taken away the one thing that sort of offset that and made it paid as well.
Oh well. I still love the game, just not a move I’m happy about.

2 Likes

I believe they made the change because of player recommendation. All old single player expansions used to be bought for $20 or 700 coins for each wing. This returning single player design seems to follow the same steps so I believe you’ll be able to get the entire expansion for free. By free, I mean not spending real money. You will need to pay in-game currency to buy it. I’m just hoping that you can get everything that comes with the single player campaign (card backs, possible character skin, etc) by only using in-game currency, or if those will be reserved for people who pre-order.

1 Like

Adventures were fantastic. The single player content after that was all so so so awful.

The new single player content? I have zero hopes of it being any kind of entertaining. I will try the first wing for free but if its as disgusting as the rest of the single player content, I’d rather save my time and my gold. I’ll just craft a regular Zayle if I want it bad enough.

Way better option than beating my head against the wall at some rigged AI that is literally designed to make you fail 90% of the time.

If I haven’t beat in the first HUNDRED attempts, what makes you think I am going to keep wasting my time???

On top of all this, you expect me to waste my currency (in-game or otherwise) on such a miserable experience?!?!

You have GOT to be kidding me.

1 Like

Before judging, we’ll need to see what the new PvE content is like. It sounds like they’re trying something new where instead of a “run” style of random battles with no permanence, you instead have a connected series of encounters where you can earn new tools that expand the choices of your PvE characters over time.

Since the lack of such was my biggest gripe about the current PvE offerings, I’m taking a cautiously optimistic view until proven otherwise.

Now, you’re not getting a micro-set at a fixed price like the old adventures. You ARE getting 12 packs for $20 (the first wing is free), plus the card backs, plus the legendary guy, plus a golden Classic pack. Given that $20 normally buys you 15 packs, it’s basically a better value compared to buying packs in the store.

Whether it’s worth 3500 gold as a freemium player is more difficult to say without first having something to actually play with.

will they include it on the pre order ?

3,500 gold? I was thinking 2,100. I thought I read it was spread over four weeks with the first free, so figured 3 more at 700 each. I’m FTP, and although it’s not exactly what I’d hope for, 2,100 for a total of 16 packs (including free ones) wasn’t too bad, just 5 packs less than I’d normally get. But 3,500, if that’s the case, I’m not sure I’d do unless the consensus was the content was pretty awesome.
How you come up with or where did you see it would be 3,500? I’m crossing my fingers that maybe you were wrong.

It’s actually 2800 gold. I didn’t account for the first chapter being free.

The tradeoff for freemium players is 28 packs vs 12 packs + Gold Classic pack + card backs + PvE. It definitely favors paying customers but adventures have always favored paying customers to some extent.

The first Solo Adventure in the Year of the Dragon launches about a month after the first expansion of the year.

Normally, i spend all my gold on set release. If the adventure is released 1 month after the fact. Then i have to either spend all the gold right away or save some of it for the adventure.

Hopefully, they do not release one wing per week. This will be annoying.

Theres “Zayle, Shadow Cloak”. Looking at the pic its a gold 2 cost card. Maybe an Legendary/Epic.

Zayle is a golden legendary similar to Whizbang. I think they said in he has a total of four PvE starter decks to choose from.

So, it sounds like you unlock Zayle and he lets you use four of the PvE decks in PvP using the same random deck mechanism that Whizbang uses.

dont we get the normal version of that card with the free chapter and a gold one if we get all of them ?

I think you can’t use Zayle in PvP mode. It’s only for the Singleplayer mode, I suppose.

It’s 2800 gold to be exact. There are 5 wings, you get one for free and each other wing costs 700 gold.

I’d say it all depends on how good the adventure is. The pricing is really ok if you consider how expensive packs normally are (for 20 bucks you normally just get the 15 packs you now have included into the rewards-system).

If you decide not to pay and save up the 2800 gold, you get a little more than half the packs that you would have gotten but also a golden classic pack (which is very valuable) AND a golden legendary which is worth more than 15 packs normally get you AND a pve adventure on top that will probably be a little more balanced than those f2p adventures were.

Ok, thanks for the info.
I actually think the old Adventures helped FTP players more than anything else in the game. I always had enough gold to get them free, and it was the one time each year that, as far that specific set went, I’d be on an even playing field with everyone else as we’d all have access to every card in the set. (Btw,as a FTPer, I’m fine not being on an even playing field considering how much of the game Blizzard lets me get for absolutely nothing, usually enough for 70-80 packs each set release. I’ve never understood how anyone can play a CCG, understand how they work, and then get upset that it’s Pay to Win to an extent.)

1 Like

That’s exactly how they work.

“All adventures currently feature 4-5 wings, with the wings unlocking one per week following the adventure’s initial release.”

100% F2P people, like me, have too much gold and dust.
The reason is that some decks (such as odd/even) are good for a whole year. I didn’t craft in the last 2 expansions.
It rotates out after a year. More reason not craft a tier 2 or 3 deck.

Blizzard realizes that. It will add more gold sink.