Opinions on Xyrella BoM?

Topic. For me I thought it was fun up until the final fight, which gave me Valeera flashbacks, but there was more variety and random and actual choice than the Book of Heroes, which is nice IMO.

Those first 3 battles took ages! Or I was too focused on Control. The battle against that Secret-using goblin on the other hand was surprisingly quick (won on turn 6). And when I did that final battle, I had some bad memories from Anduin’s (EDIT: I meant Valeera’s) story (“NOT THE KINGSLAYERS!”) but then “Oh, Kingsblade. OK. That’s fine”.

Anyway, it was fine difficulty-wise, but way too same-y.

Fun fact: if you Discover a copy card such as Vivid Nightmare, it works on those special minions. Had 2x that dwarf in the final battle (chose to copy him over the gnome due to all the Stealth and low health).

The first battle went to fatigue for me… just shows how bad Priest is doing rn. Also, I think you mean Valeera and not Anduin since Rogue was the one to do a face race vs Kingslayers… last fight still feels like a face race, but at least Xyrella has enough taunts and heals to outlast the opponent sometimes.

Yeah, meant Valeera, somehow mixed things up. And yeah, it was still a face race, but at least it took some time for Garona this time and the deck used indeed had plenty of defenses (not to mention the dwarf and gnome, for me 2x the dwarf even).

She would ALWAYS attack my minions… even when her weapon was up to a 9/5. She would go out of her way to kill the little 1/3 gnome instead of hitting face

I got lucky as Garona enchanted her weapon 14/8 and to draw cards which led her to fatigue. by the time she died it was due to fatigue, though I could have finished her off as she had 2 health left and i had 2 also, but I had my Dwarf and Gnome out alongside a freshly played Lightsteed, she had a 4/3 Goblin on the field. I saw the chance to let her fatigue though so I wasted my last turn to see her fatigue lol.

My first attempt I got her to 4 health and she had JUST drawn her last card when she killed me… feels bad man.

I tried the final fight many times and then my last battle was really crazy: she copied my dwarf and when killing her dwarf, her hero power turned into reviving her dwarf and therefore she lost her Kingsblade. Her hero power even revived my dwarf and gnome, which made it even easier to kill her dwarf each turn. Without Kingsblade and always revived dwarf and gnome the last fight was really easy :slight_smile:

How did they copy Tavish?

Sorry, I don’t remember that. But it must have been some special coincidences, because I did the last battle many times and it only happened once.

Fair… I just did the battle again and I found that when I played Garona, she liked to kill the poisonous minion with her weapon a lot even though I’d just revive him and let her attack him again. It was weird, but I still won after a few tries.