Oh My Yogg is poorly worded

So the card reads “When your opponent casts a spell, they instead cast a random one of the same cost.”

What it doesn’t say is “at a random target”. Either change the wording or change the effect.

1 Like

Oh Lord, not this again. It doesn’t say that because it doesn’t need to. The card works the way it works, everybody understands that, nothing needs to change.

6 Likes

Why would you assume it wasn’t a random target if it’s a random spell? Have to agree with Conradus.

Why WOULD you assume it is also a random target if it doesn’t specify?
Spell is not equal to target.

Because not every spell has a target.

1 Like

Why would you assume it isn’t a random target if it doesn’t specify?

1 Like

No target = no problem as it is not selecting a random target. If however the random spell that does have a target ALSO selects a random target that is my issue.

Usually cards say “target chosen randomly”, like in shudderwock or Zuljin.
In this case, they probably left it out to not make a wall of text.

Anyways, I don’t think adding the text would matter: what are you playing around? the spell is random, no way you target an enemy with a buff card thinking “if it transforms in a removal, I’ll kill it”

But if you cast a spell that has no target and it changes into a spell that has a target, what happens then if the target isn’t chosen randomly?

he has no issue with that randomness.

he was just expecting targeted spell transform into targeted spell will retain the target.

2 Likes