Official Balance Changes

One more time Wild Mode stay out…

Bah!

She forces a draw in warrior vs warrior matchups, making her 9 mana just means the warrior with coin wins.

You really think it’s going to be worth it to run a bouncer just in case of a mirror and you have the coin?

There will defijitely be far more useful things to go in that slot.

2 Likes

So rogue was gutted and yet conjurers calling remains untouched. I suppose in two weeks we’ll get the real balance change once the game becomes 40% mage playing that same snorefest combo.

1 Like

Not unplayable, no. I run a version of the tempo rogue that has cutlass and burgle cards. It’s a bit slower, but it does much better against token and bomb warrior because of the heal and card generation.

It’ll still work in that, and I have a good win rate with it.

I do think, generally tho, nerfing two (3 technically) cards was going a bit too far.

Rogue will be okay… they’ll go back to burgle. Or, lackey rogue with the double battlecries.

He’s going to :sob: when he gets the coin and his first Warrior mirror is Azalina Bomb Warrior.

All extremely necessary for both the short term and long term health of the game.
The Balls on blizzard for nerfing both issues in Rogue at the same time though
Got to respect that

1 Like

I’m really bummed out.

Prep costing one more breaks a lot of Rogue decks, and the change to Boarding Party is excessive as well. Prep is a staple, and this just goes too far.

Rogues has had bad decks for 6 years, were good for an entire minute or two, and that’s too much to ask from the devs?? I guess in their great wisdom, it’s time to nerf this troublesome class and go back to Paladin-Stone and Druid-Stone, just like always! Heaven forbid we see another class ever actually have some time in the sun… /jaded sarcasm

Rogue has never had a bad time in a meta
They have always found a home. Pretty much all involving Prep. Isn’t that an issue to you?

2 Likes

Thats not even true in the secret hunter meta. Rogue wasnt to be seen.

Odd Rogue would beg to differ.

You’re upset that your fave class got nerfed, thats fine, but manipulating the truth doesnt help your agenda one bit.

2 Likes

Odd rogue didnt run prep, thats pretty irrelevant. It ran a neutral legendary that was so OP it was Hall of famed earlier than any other card in history. It didnt even see the full rotation.

1 Like

So instead of Rogues being gods and Warriors being the godkillers.

Mages will be gods and Hunters will be godkillers.

Incoming MageHunterStone

2 Likes

Its not irrelevant. You claimed that ROGUE was absent from the meta while Secret Hunter was a thing, which is 100% false. They have survived w/o Prep in the past, and have a toolkit capable of doing so again in the future. You really are over-reacting re:Prep. Its a pretty light-handed nerf all things considered.

Read the whole post, kinda silly to just highlight that sentence and ignore the one mentioning baku.

I guess we should just have more BAKU esque cards because that’s one of the ONLY times rogue hasnt needed prep.

Light-handed? This was as heavy, hamfisted of a nerf that the dev team could bring to bear without committing first degree murder in broad daylight in a crowded city intersection. Make no mistake. These nerfs are entirely directed to destroy the current rogue game. Not weaken but destroy. Tempo and combo are everything to rogue in this meta. The nerfs now retard the rogue’s tempo by at least two or three turns. That’s an eternity. The nerfs also inhibit combos that a pre-nerfed rogue needed to stabilize. Yes, that’s now significantly impaired too. And notably, this change also unduly hurts burgle rogue who was already marginal at best but now has to run an emasculated prep. Light-handed? Please.

2 Likes

Wait and see. When VS releases their 2nd meta report after the nerf (gotta allow things to settle) I will all but guarantee Rogue is firmly in T2.

You Rogue mains really are going overboard, its really not as bad as it looks. YOu will still have a viable deck, so build a bridge.

1 Like

If these nerfs achieve a meta that’s more forgiving towards a diversity of interesting decks, rogue’s sacrifice will be worthwhile. Experience and wisdom are harsh judges and I don’t expect to be surprised at the upcoming mage/hunter meta.

I guess replacing one with two is better, but the cost seems rather high.

We shall see.