Noticed.... Anyone else?

Actually, yeah. What happened Mand?

I remember you one of the green poster in old forum. You might know something…

What’s to know. The forums had a community representative, Jessie. He posted on a pretty regular basis and served as Blizzard’s representative. He was a pretty active moderator, and the only staff member from their crew who ever interacted with the community on their official forms. He often voiced opinion but always kept his posts professional. A lot of people around here really liked him.

They fired him in a downsizing move to cut payroll expenses. The devs themselves would rather spend their time posting to reddit than their own official forums. There’s a reason people around here are salty and give them a chewing out whenever they show up. It’s because in 4 or 5 years worth of the games life they’ve made countless dozens of posts on reddit, but only about a dozen or less here. And most of them were around March of this year. The forms were in an uproar at the time and they showed up to try and put out the fire. They really haven’t been seen since. Their promises to be more active and post regularly are in the dev tracker archives too. It makes it look really bad for them.

I want to say that the card library web dev has been very active here. Saying because I find such blanket statement unfair

Has he? The last I remember the devs posting was about a month ago. There were two or three posts in one thread that day. But before that there had been nearly three months radio silence. Maybe I missed something they put up since? If I’m wrong by all means tell me. I don’t want to be unfair. But if that’s what you were referring to, a couple posts in one day from about a month ago isn’t exactly what I’d call “very active”. Jessie often posted daily, and even when things slowed down he managed to post three or four times a week to show his presence. That’s the discrepancy that people notice. There’s a big difference between a couple posts on a weekly basis, and a couple posts once every two or three months.

It’s

a) WoW Classic (like so many here already pointed out)

b) the normal fatigue settling in. Most of my friends have quit the game because they either never made it past the very unfun new player experience or couldn’t or didn’t want to keep up with all the new cards each year. It certainly doesn’t help that the team - to this day - never adressed the classic and basic set which they should have done a long time ago.

1 Like

If that is not enough for you then I don’t know either

Fair enough. I haven’t visited the site feedback form very much. I spend most of my time on the community discussion and multiplayer discussion forms. That’s where the bulk of general discussion happens. I completely overlooked that thread. I won’t argue he’s been busy with the card art topic. Point well taken.

Apart from wow classic hype, hearthstone has seen decline in viewership for the past 10months on twitch, with occasional spike during expansion launch. I guess people gets bored

I think the gameplay itself is getting tedious and people have gotten used to it by now so it doesn’t hold as much appeal as before. We just got done with a year of overpowered interactions when year of the mamoth rotated, and after an expansion of relative calm we’re right back to scenarios that feel very one sided or explosive turns that blow you out in an instant. Part of it is that it feels like there’s a lack of interesting or proper counterplay, and the swinginess of certain interactions is off putting. Sure curvestone is dull and we need synergies and strong turns to keep the game interesting. That’s well and good. But the way its presented to us has grown harder to accept as time goes by.

So yeah, I think people have just grown a bit tired of the game. Repetition and burnout is a common occurrence in any online game as it ages. It’s no surprise that over time the same trends have chipped away at Hearthstones consumer base as they have with literally every other online game to exist. It’s nothing new. It just comes with the territory.

2 Likes

It will only be a small proportion of a playerbase anyway, and of them even a smaller hardcore.

Most players of a game don’t use the forums.

I have 11 friends on my friend list, 5 have been gone 1 month -8 months, 3 new ones from just last week have been gone since last week, and the remaining three are on sporadically and I rarely cross with them to even complete a daily.

I can’t build a friends list that allows me to do dailies within maybe a week.

The reality is that most players move through Hearthstone like amoebic dysentery.

They come in, get to rank 25, get annihilated by golden avatar/golden deck/golden legendaries opponents with only their basic deck and leave.

They have no investment and aren’t going to.

Even one of the friends on my list that made it to rank 5 now doesn’t even log in.

Maybe they are dead, otherwise - why get to rank 5 every month then give up? Because of grind and it is in no way satisfying to your average player?

Leaving your hardcore on the forums, who maybe have drifted away to WoW classic.

From what I can see Hearthstone can’t retain new players from day one onwards, in that scenario the forums are going to get quieter.

And more evidence is how little is posted in new players, there is only week to week.

1 Like

They nerfed Barnes :tada: How many threads was that a week for the last 2 years?

No more.

1 Like

Well, the casual player experience sucks. Not unexpected if the player feedback is mostly everything is fine here on the forums and the response to “this and this should be nerfed is”: Play a better deck or you shouldn’t have fun.

1 Like

No offence, you’re one of the more sensible posters, but this post definitely falls under toxic negativity and pushes people to spend less time here because they feel they’ll be jumped on the moment they criticize the game. Too much time here seems to have twisted some regulars, your posts have very gradually become more aggressive.

Some of the rants are overboard, but you just ignore them and let them fade. Too often they’re fueled by the “stop whining wtf” brigade.

Personally I just wish there was more card discussion. There’s a bit, but it’s rare and when you try to bring up obscure cards, how to make use of certain cards or new deck ideas people aren’t interested, especially if it can’t climb at rank 5. Nor is there much discussion on tech, alterations or personal refinement for tier 1 decks either, which is another interesting part of card games.

5 Likes

if you create a thread on such things, i will gladly participate. Too many trolls on forum recently repeating the same thing on broken record and sometimes we overly labelled someone genuine as troll. Some case i will see the person history and notice they are new players and will reply in a more patient and teaching manner.

If you need someone to complete daily. I log in daily (not very long though) but i can help in your daily if you ever need help.

Was lead to explore other forum under Blizzard.

Why not jump over and have a look, when you are free, tell what u feel about the general environment?

Just chiming in.

All my friends are playing WoW classic too.

I’d say the reason is incredibly clear at this point. We all just admitted each and every one of our friends are buried in vanilla wow joy.

Its Classic WoW. I’d be playing it too if i had time for MMO gaming anymore.

3 Likes

I don’t think that the “toxic” posts are resulting in less forum activity. The “toxic” posts are the only posts with activity. The “class discussion” posts have a handful of replies, if any.
My guess is that Hearthstone is on the decline. Long term players are still playing, but aren’t as excited about the game. And Hearthstone probably isn’t attracting many new players.

2 Likes

WoW Classic could be a reason.

Shudderwock, Zephyrs, Cyclone Mage…those could be culprits as well.

For me, its annoying decks, the constant struggle to reach a “reputable” rank, and a very serious real life issue came up so I haven’t had a lot of time to play games in general.

My anxiety has been through the roof and HS just makes it worse.

1 Like

Yesterday I saw you play on stream against I think apx void.
The result I forgot but it was nice to see a name from forum on stream.

@above:About a reputable rank I would not worry to much but that’s me. Maybe try not pressure yourself to much and let loose a bit (I know from experience this is easier said then done).

1 Like