Not the Lich King!

Probably a common topic, I have 7 more wins to go, but I really want to beat lich king as paladin and warrior. I don’t have many of the cards from previous expansions before rastakhan, but I have almost all after that. Are there any good deck ideas to beat him? I almost had him with my warrior, but lost when he had 7 hp QQ

U need kolobd sticky finger mechatun and doomsayer and u can win with all clases

1 Like

To further explain what Ilman means: after The Lich King has equipped his weapon and summoned the Lost Souls, take his weapon with Kobold Stickyfinger, then beat the Lost Souls. He will now be completely stuck, but he’s invincible. Except to Mechathun. So at some point you summon Mechathun, empty out your hand, field and deck (except the summoned Mechathun and a Doomsayer in your hand), play the Doomsayer, and you win on your next turn. Note that you need to get rid of your own monsters, so plan your deck well (and if you still have both Doomsayers left, don’t play Mechathun yet but use 1 of them to clear out 6 minions)

Warrior is very simple: 2x Whirlwind, 2x Kobold Stickyfinger, 1x Mechathun, 2x Doomsayer, any among of cheap but effective 1-health minions (that don’t summon any more or have some sort of protection!), and if you have space left some filler Spells that you can always use. Use your Whirlwinds and spare Doomsayer to get rid of all your minions so Mechathun meets its requirement.

As for Paladin, you’ll need to be more careful, not just for clearing out your minions but also for not having the Lich King overwhelm you with them. What I did was use just a couple of minions and buff them, mostly focusing on Spells.

Some other noticable classes:

Hunter’s the most difficult this way: in order for this strategy to work, you need to be really careful with cards that summon minions, weakening Spell Hunter tremendously, allowing The Lich King to overwhelm you quickly in his second phase (you take a minimum of 6 damage if you go with only 1 Stickyfinger and Doomsayer, Lich King can instantly deal you 5 damage, and he has 12 ATK on the board which Hunter can’t AoE)

Druid can’t use Doomsayer but is surprisingly easy. Plenty of burn and +ATK Spells, not to mention Naturalize which kills Mechathun (be careful if you use 2 Naturalizes though: you need a target for both after all). Choose Ones are also nice, such as Hidden Oasis allowing you to place a 6/6 Taunt to kill Lost Souls, but doubles as a 12 health heal if you can’t afford to place a minion on your field due to Mechathun.

1 Like

Here is a list you can use for Paladin:

Custom Paladin

Class: Paladin

Format: Wild

2x (1) Crystology

2x (1) Shieldbearer

2x (1) Wax Elemental

2x (2) Flash of Light

2x (2) Hand of A’dal

2x (2) Loot Hoarder

2x (2) Novice Engineer

2x (2) Wild Pyromancer

2x (3) Acolyte of Pain

1x (3) Coldlight Oracle

2x (3) Time Out!

2x (4) Consecration

2x (4) Equality

2x (5) Kobold Stickyfinger

2x (6) Mossy Horror

1x (10) Mecha’thun

AAEBAaToAgL4B/H7Ag77AZwC3AP0BeIG9gf7DMfTAsvsAtn+As+GA+yGA4ixA8rBAwA=

The idea is simple, by the Lich King’s turn 7 have kobolb Stickyfingers to steal his weapon. Use a mossy horror on your fallowing turn to clear out the 2/6 soul minions and now you are playing solitare to get the combo off. After that you will need a turn to clear out your own minions with Wild Pyromancer + Equality. Play the mecha’thun and destroy it with the 2nd Wild Pyromancer + Equality.

Just get good scrub.