Northshire Cleric should be nerf like Mana Wyrm

Just like Mana Wyrm it very strong card early on for the priest class to draw and boost attack/health easy. I have yet to see a priest not have a Power Word: Shield to boost its health from 3 to 5.
it can be heard early on remove because of the snowball effect it has with Inner Fire, Divine Spirit and even Extra Arms.

2 Likes

Mana Wyrm had far less restrictions on being good. It benefited you for playing any spell. Northshire Cleric only benefits you if you heal multiple minions. Cleric is not the problem, Divine Spirit/Inner Fire is.

6 Likes

Nope. It shouldnā€™t. Outside of their mana cost and stats they got NOTHING in common. Unlike old Mana Wyrm, Northshire Cleric wonā€™t just straight out kill you in the first few turns if not dealt with immediately.

And I have yet to have a match against Priest that I felt I lost because I didnā€™t kill Northshire Cleric on turn 1-2.

Feel free to get rid of Inner Fire by Hall of Faming it, though.

3 Likes

Its pretty different.

Nothshire Cleric is way less scary being played on turn 1 than Mana Wyrm.
I have seen opponents to concede just thanks to Mana Wyrm, Coin, Mirror Image opener.

Nothshire Cleric is meant more like draw tool (with ā€œcomboā€). Wyrm was basically agression tool with huge snowball potential. These cards are not even comparable because these are used in a completely different way.

Its the 1 2 3 RNG in my opinion. If the game were random in the cards dealt, the game would require more risks and skill. Since the beginning people have made and played decks they can rely on being there 100%. Load up a deck tracker. Point your arrow over a card see the percent chance its ā€œsupposeā€ to be there using actual math. But there it is, every game of Hs.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a weird one to complain about.

If it were that obvious then it would be stupidly easy to prove the game is rigged, yet no one has. You need to get a basic education in probability >.>

4 Likes

No, because its one of the few good things in the Priest Classic set left. I mean, what other early game options does priest have?
EDIT: in the classic set

Actually, Mana Wyrm should be changed back to 1 Mana.

3 Likes

Actually folks have people are just in denial.

Played vs a Paladin.

Coin Knife Juggler. How often d you see that card when its being used early?
Argent Squire + Glow Tron
Turn 3 Hero Power and some other 1 drop
Turn 4 is where is gets obvious. Annoy O Mech magnetized. Gee that card is never there on 4 is it?
More obvious. Wargear is dropped on 5 magnetized.
And the Super Obvious. Zilliax Magnetized 6.

No, the cards donā€™t tumble off the top of the decks in any kind of regular sequence do they?

2 Likes

Thats anecdotal evidence, that happening in one game to one person does not prove that the game is rigged.
If this was recorded regularly, en masse, maybe, but so far it looks like itā€™s just your conspiracy theory.

4 Likes

Sure thing, they didnā€™t just print a ton of cheap spells and hand refill for Mage. Iā€™d love to lose to a 10/3 Mana Wyrm on Turn 3.

1 Like

Most games arenā€™t rigged, but Blizzard does mess with a handful of players. I donā€™t know if you checked the last patch notes, but they listed Amnesiac, Kripp, Thijs, and someone named ā€œNimabiā€ as players theyā€™ve been targeting.

4 Likes

What a joke. Stop posting.

3 Likes

I just played 8 games as Reno Mage in Wild, 5 of which were versus Aggro opponents. Had the T6 Reno in only one of those games. Doesnā€™t this just as easily disprove your ā€œ1-2-3ā€ theory as your story proves it?

Anecdotal evidence is utter garbo when trying to prove something like the rate oappearance of cards. Cognitive dissonance alone makes it irrelevant, not to mention I could just as easily list off the numerous games Iā€™ve played as Priest in the past and not had Cleric T1.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not in denial. If I was interested in ranking up, Iā€™d be able to do it. The game seems rigged against you because you arenā€™t good at it, you donā€™t want to admit that you arenā€™t good at it, and you need some sort of excuse to explain why you canā€™t rank up. Itā€™s the same reason everyone on this forum whines about ā€œno skillā€, ā€œall luckā€, ā€œrigged rngā€ etc etc etc. They all suck at hearthstone and just canā€™t bring themselves to admit it.

5 Likes

You mean you dont ever wonder when your playing against a Shuffle Shuffle Warlock deck

Proud Defender on 4
Rotten Applebaum on 5
They get Fel Lord Betrug and my plot twist by 10.
Doll Master Dorian comes out during that shuffle, 2 Mech dragons come out and Zilliax. Get the draw 4/6 taunt get health.

Then they can actually play the real Zilliax and cards after that shuffle?

Just so weird that Betrug is always there by turn 10. Like everything is lined up for them to play in turn just like they did the game before.

3 Likes

Lose to a bad meme deck and think the reason is that the game is rigged. Sure.

3 Likes

close but no,
mana worm never needed nerf until they released an insane amount of cheap reporoductive spells for wild

Weird inclusions aside (literally none of the top three Questlock decks run Proud defender), it shouldnā€™t sound surprising that a deck which specializes in drawing cards is capable of playing something on Turns 4 and 5.

The odds of the Warlock player naturally drawing into a single card by Turn 10 can be calculated from 1 - the odds that they donā€™t draw it. If you draw one card from a full deck, the odds that it isnā€™t a specific Legendary is 29/30. If you donā€™t draw it, the odds that the next card isnā€™t the Legendary is 28/29. This continues until whatever turn number you want to stop at.

If the Warlock player starts with a hand of three cards and draws once per turn until Turn 10, the odds they donā€™t draw it are equal to 29/30 * 28/29 *ā€¦ * 17/18, or ~56.6%, meaning the odds that they would draw it is approximately 43.3%. This ignores any hero powers, Mortal Coils, Questing Adventurers, Bloodmage Thalnos, etc that would cause them to draw more cards before Turn 10. For example, adding as little as three more drawn cards brings the odds of drawing Betrug up to 54%, and each additional card drawn brings you exponentially closer to drawing him. It will usually be less likely for the Warlock to not have Betrug (and Plot Twist, for that matter) in hand by Turn 10 than it would for them to have it.

2 Likes