No More Censorship!

You are not even trying when you say “new Eviscerate art is really cool”
You probably don’t even know what card it is.
Just stop trolling.
Thank you.

1 Like

im wondering why you are still here? ^^
Just stop trolling already and leave.
Thank you.

You don’t need to exploit your orientation here!:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

wait what? xD …

Censorshipers of sexual content are so pietism idiots!

On forum there was exellent proposal to make able swich off boobs for people with complexes.

But devs brazenly censorshiping for pietism idiots - what a shame Blizzard!

1 Like

I’m pissed because Blizzard can easily create a Chinese client where they can change the artwork and cards their without affecting everyone else. Much like they do with World of Warcraft and the Chinese client.

That is my frustration, they can do the censorship for China without affecting us at all. But instead they come out with a BS article saying these changes are not because of China (A blatant lie if you believe it by that logic you should also believe what EA says that they don’t have lootboxes rather surprise mechanics and are the good guys.) where you look at artworks like eviscerate where the changes are so minute with the removal of blood and covering up forsaken’s bones (things required by Chinese censors).

The only thing we can do know to try and change back these changes is simply say I’m no longer playing your game and buying its products (As for me any cash I would spend on Hearthstone I will know spend on Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links which is direct competition) and stating that I am no longer playing because of the censorship. And hope Hearthstone utterly fails in China so that Blizz has to reach back out to us and change the artwork back to save the game.

2 Likes

I agree the censorship is outrageous but it’s not immediately killing the game. Seems they timed the censorship just shy from Saviors of Uldum expansion and they might be hoping the expansion blows off any “problems” we have with the game/their actions, or otherwise convince us to overlook it until we forget.

I’m not sure some art censorship alone will be enough to cripple the game. But if it fails in china, we might get lucky and as a result of it failing they may realize that we don’t care or get offended by the art, like the china gov do.
I’m pretty sure most of china’s denizens don’t care about the art either. Just the top imposing their views, I’m guessing. Pretty upsetting to see Blizz bending to it. Maybe there’s a lot of ‘potential’ income involved. I hope for the best.

2 Likes

What do you mean, “can”? The Chinese market has had a separate client since many years (I think since release already). With its own version of the artwork (mostly avoiding skeletons since they can be a hurdle to get approval for the Chinese market).
If Blizzard wanted to make changes for China, they’d do it only there. Much less work and much less risk than doing it on all servers.
Blizzard have announced their reasons. It is unrelated to China.

Censorship is when one party attempts to limit the freedom of speech of another party, right?
So that would mean that your attempts to prevent / undo art changes that Blizzard wants to do in theiw own game are attempts at censorship.

This - and we would even opt in or chip in a few bucks to cover development (I am sure)

4 Likes

What was that about skeletons and China?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=hearthstone+skeletons+chinese+client

1 Like

Damn … Glad I don’t live in China.

1 Like

First of all, Blizzard did not censor it for China. That is a rumor and a lie. Second of all, they are trying to reach to a larger audience and I approve of the censorship all the way. A change had to be made.

Anything you see on TV or in books is more violent or nude than the changed cards.

This censorship is uttlerly stupid.

4 Likes

Trying to reach a larger audience at the cost of the existing one is suicide. The death timer is counting down on this game I think.

1 Like

Depending upon where you go, you can see cleavage and women aren’t told to cover-up! Let’s see Blizzard control that!:grinning:

3 Likes

Correct.
So the assessment to be made by a business in such a case is: what is the size of the new audience to reach vs the size of the audience to risk.

• How many people still love the game, so regardless of whether they like the changes will continue to play anyway?
  • How many people still love the game but nevertheless stop playing a game they like because of an art change?
  • How many people will claim to stop over leaving because of the art change, but were actually already tired of the game and would have quit within a few months anyway?
  • How many people would love the game but don’t play it now because they (or their parents) refuse to do anything involving certain amounts of nudity / gore?

Not all women want to cover-up.:grinning:

1 Like

… You start by calling blizzard pathetic… On the internet… Over something that has zero affect on you…check yourself, bud.

1 Like