No More Censorship!

China a huge Market. 1 billion people compared to about half of that for all of NA so yes they will be bending over and kissing Chinese backside if that is really what’s going on. However I believe its more than just China for these changes I suspect someone high up has a stick up their butt and is forcing these changes through. Won’t be surprise if in the near future Activision/Blizzard implodes for some reason. People didn’t really pay attention to the art and the changes won’t affect anything however it leaves a bad taste and WTF moments.

Try Gwent, you’ll like their art.

1 Like

Turned a Strong Female into a Dog. Wtf Blizzard

6 Likes

except it is because of china, they have to meet their regulations or the game can’t be played. The game is dying, they need more players, so why not target a population of a billion people.

If Jaina looked like how she does nerfed and got her stomach covered you all would be just as mad and wouldn’t be complaining about not seeing Jaina’s breasts. It’s perspective, art is important. I don’t know why but seeing the art changes in game makes me sad. Why would they go so far, what problems were being caused that made these changes super necessary, if it wasn’t china’s censor regulations.

but china has its own client from years and everything there is censored , i think they doing it only cuz the game to evolve. The new arts are super good actually , Queen of Pain new art is super good compare to the old one. i made a video about the censorship and my opinion on it , you can look at it if you want ^^

Hearthstone died the day Ben Brode left.

I’m uninstalling.

F blizzard.

6 Likes

You know, if I thought about that change for a moment, wouldn’t Blizzard technically be calling women the B-word by changing them from women->dog…

I’m suddenly for a second change to the felstalker-thingy card. /s

This censorship is inconsiderate imo

2 Likes

Why would I be mad about that?
I’m not mad about the previous change to Jaina. I’m not mad about the current series of changes to other cards. And I wouldn’t be mad about the change you describe.
C’mon people. It’s just some drawings. I play Hearthstone for the fun interactions and for the strategic challenge of making the best of the cards I have. The card art add nice atmosphere (the game would not be the same if all pictures were removed and the cards were text only), but these changes … the only effect they have on me that it’ll take me a few weeks before I once more recognise all cards without having to read them.

1 Like

its easier to not put any artwork / text to cards too but it seems blizzard still doing that

To add insult to injury Blizzard is denying that the censorship has to do with China. They must think were idiots.

2 Likes

Ok, you are well aware that “easier” was a mental shortcut meaning that a corporation will do the least amount possible for maximum gain and they only put in effort if there is a profit in it.

Ovbiously artless HS would be way less successful.

Let’s suppose you play MTG physically.
You don’t compete in tournaments, but you still buy the physical cards instead of printing them because you actually like the art of the cards and you like to have them for real.
One day, an MTG agent comes to your house and asks you to show him your cards.
You go to your room, you pick your 4 standard decks of 60 cards each + 15 side board card for a total of 300 cards and bring them to him.
The agent sees them, and starts taking notes. After that he goes to his truck and brings a huge box containing thousands of cards.
He takes your 300 cards away and give you another 300 cards that replace them, with the same stats, abilities and effects, but they are all grey. Just a light grey, with no drawings, only text.
And then he just leaves with your cards.
Technically, you can still play the game the same as before, right?

1 Like

Yes.

That being said, I fail to see the point. First, I don’t play MTG, eihter physical or online. And second, your story falls flat due to legal reasons. The MTG agent would be robbing me of goods I have legally acquired. Giving other goods in return does not suddenly make it legal.

Blizzard is not doing any such thing. The T&C that I agreed to were very clear. In exchange for my time and money, I will get access to digital goods that are stored on Blizzards server. It is a license to use. I never actually own anything, other than the rights to use things Blizzard make available. If tomorrow Blizzard decides that Hearthstone is no longer commercially viable, then they can shut down the servers and I’ll have no repercussion. (In reality they would probably try to handle things in a more customer-friendly way but there is no legal requirement for it).

Those who don’t like that should not agree to the T&C when they try to make an account. Bad news for them: all publishers of all online games use the same or similar conditions, so if you don’t want to pay fomr something you never get to really own, don’t play any online games with a collection element. Oh, and don’t use Steam either. Or Netflix, HBO, Spotify, etc etc. And don’t buy games in the Android Store, the Apple Store, etc.
Welcome in the 21st century, where more and more sales of goods is being replaced with subscription-based sales of access to benefits.

wait , have you ever seen the new arts ? Queen of pain , felstalker and others actually looks pretty good as i said in other post … they are not grey without drawings and only text … your example is so bad :x stop with the drama already

Blizz, Jaina’s changes months ago - was horrible changes!!!
And all this direction is wrong.

1. I saw a true WAR and mostly people who started it do not play PC games at all. Some do not use internet.
  2. Blaming Pretty by radical 3rd wave fems and religious are 100% absolytle wrong and comes from sanctimony.
  3. Radical 3rd wave fems attack Wonder Woman for “shaved armpits”. They bunned Grid Girls to do what girls and audience liked. Also go and defend Grid Girls from totalitarian crazy wrecking sects of radical fems and SJW that attack these girls!

Bring Jaina’s boobs back!!!

2 Likes

I just joined Gwent myself - got The Witcher: Enhanced Edition free with it!
My lucky day.

1 Like

Are you even trying? I already told you, I got it, you are trolling, much fun, very cool, now stop. It’s embarrassing.

5 Likes

i posted that almost 3-4 days ago lol and every1 can have their own opinion :stuck_out_tongue: i like those cards more than the old ones so thats my opinion ^^ hows that trolling?

I understand frustration, but how is it pathetic to attempt to reach one of the largest gaming markets?
I’m bummed out that they changed one of my favorite Golden cards (Succubus), but I know why they did it, but let’s not devolve into childish insults and lash out like children (unless you are a child, in which case IDK).

1 Like

The only thing I am really upset about is removing Succubus because that was my Favorite pet in WoW classic and BC and I Main Warlock. That one seemed a bit over the top and was censoring because someone has some kind of chip on their shoulder or the standards have really shot up because some moron going on a SWJ crusade is now in charge.

3 Likes