No matter how many expansions come out

i am always hyped no matter how bad they mess stuff up like DH, i still get super hype for this game. it is magical.

11 Likes

And the RNG, P2W, yeah. But that’s the BEAUTY of it.

if i didn’t spend money on this game i would have quit a long time ago. just started LOR who know might be the last expansion. but i do enjoy pack opening.

3 Likes

K then, I don’t find LoR be any better than HS. They have the same number of good and bad.

i just enjoy LOR F2P model and lack of pay to win.

1 Like

You will soon see how it is not any better than HS. After a year you will see the true way of good and bad. LoR has its own ways, quantity of cards doesn’t represent the entire game, not even talking about the bulks we are getting in those weekly chests.

IMO LOR has higher quality cards as well. more thought out with better synergies and less pack filler, so far. but you are right LOR is a new game we will see in a few years.

Not as impactful and to the point. There are toxic mechanics and no game defining finishers. And you are yet to know the rules of HS:
-cards from packs cannot ever be bought individually, players are either buying a large library or bulks with pack fillers to start a collection. This sets the way HS works, either no randomness for purchase as all, or only randomness.
-all Legendary cards are game defining with many cards built around it, sometimes you play an entire deck around one or two cards, with one as back up.
-guessing is all, Secrets, meme decks, you say it. You have to guess what your opponent is trying to do instead of seeing 10 denies or counterspells slammed in your face, your opponent punishes you for not understanding and remembering cards, not for playing whatever your opponent hates and they prepare all instants to counter it.
-no toxic mechanics like Trample. These effects are Legendary and OTK specific, there is no flooding the board with the most annoying Elusive 1/1 creatures when your opponent just can’t handle them.
-the skill is not your way of domination. HS is no skill game and while skilled players know how to take advantage of any rolls, newer players have a chance of standing out and earn a collection, while in LoR I just see all the toxic crap champions, totally out of meta which I don’t need, but still, in LoR bulks exist and many champions are no better than an epic in HS, which six in one deck is reasonable. There is no such thing as game finisher and ultra specific tech cards (cause counterspell trolls don’t need tech cards) in LoR expect an exodia combo.

In my opinion LOR lacks soul, which HS achieves with it’s unique expansion stories, characters and visual/audio effects.

1 Like

Read from somewhere:
No matter how many expansions… yesterday I was hating HS, today I am hype, just like a toxic relationship…

3 Likes

That’s the beauty of it!

It actually is. The bundles are about $180 (both) in my money and I’m trying to save for the PS5 and/or Series X and I just seen this and my immediate thought was: “Bugger it, I’ll just get the next bundles again.”

Lol.

series PS5 is where it is at.

1 Like

I am glad you’re happy :slight_smile:. I know I was pretty upset, but I am also excited. Dual-Class cards, Studies…super cool stuff.

1 Like

Same, I think for me the hype is just a drastic shift in the meta.

Respectfully, he doesn’t really know what he’s talking about. I’m 3ish months into LoR. Still a great experience. Never spent any money. I don’t even know if he’s played the game. Rock on if you enjoy both, don’t let him to try take your enjoyment out of it.

Yeah I played LoR for half a month and feel it is not objectively better and improving. You cannot buy set specific capsules and stuff and there are many complaints, it remains the #50 while HS is the #30, don’t deny computer data and say about “the love and mercy from riot”. Don’t even say the rating, which game juiced out money from people with thousands of people complaining like you telling the devs to change and be respectful. But still, HS earns more money and have a better theme than LoR, don’t talk about F2P cause that’s not how HS got the #30 place, talk about how people still love it even though they are blowing their entire wallet into it. I don’t care if LoR gives me an entire collection, but I stopped playing league a long time ago and LoR feels like a bunch of soulless numbers floating around a crappy board, no offense. The theme and graphic winner is HS, the money making winner? still HS. Honestly you can say this argument is a draw and we can have our beliefs. This would save me being banned for another week making a mass flagged thread.

I’m with you…

Love me some pack opening… it’s like Christmas three times a year. And concerning money spent? I’m going to say something I said a long time ago:

I started this game as a F2P. It was a badge of honor not to pay, but at some point I decided, I enjoy the game why not spend a little money to show my support. I work hard, I earn money, and this is how I choose to spend it. Besides reading, and soccer, this is my only real hobby… and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than golf.

Just my 2 cents.

Good. But I, like my friends, love to play HS hardcore paying $80 an expansion.

Congrats, Scamtivision-Blizzard’s marketing tricks still work wonders.