"Nexus Stone" Rumors! šŸ˜²

Anyone else heard of rumors of Blizz contemplating a StarCraft themed card game? :astonished:

Independent Poll: n Like this post if youā€™d like to see this happen! :point_up:t6:

:crown: ShamanKing #1511

2 Likes

ā€œNexus Stoneā€ sounds more like a Heroes of the Storm themed game than a StarCraft themed one.

Sounds awful and dumb, this wonā€™t happen.

Why would you pull focus from Hearthstone for some new card game less would be interested in? I donā€™t get it.

Also, why are you posting your tag? Do you need that much attention?

2 Likes

Rumors, or just what you want? Iā€™m thinking latter.

So you mean to tell me literally NO ONE thinks this would be awesome? I wonder if Blizz Con is doomed to be boring this year?

I actually like cross-over as an idea.
However, if it is just a HS re-skin, then there is not much attraction.

2 Likes

As an idea itā€™s fine. It honestly does sound cool, but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™d be good for the community, fragmenting the player base.

As a Starcraft fan it would I would very much like to see it! I guess we split the classes between the three races?

Or do each class get a card from each race?

Dark Templar (Rogue)
High Templar (Priest or Mage)
Zealot (Paladin or Warrior)
Zergling (Druid)
Marine (Warrior or Hunter)
Siege Tank (Warrior)

Etcetc

1 Like

You probably would just have three classes (one per race).

Also, an interesting possibility with a StarCraft CCG is that you could have a different resource system than Hearthstoneā€™s mana. Instead, you could have something like MTGā€™s lands, but with minerals/gas cards (and like in StarCraft, gas would be much more important for late game strategies than for aggro/rush strategies).

1 Like

Yea, I think they do 3 classes, and keep it simple there. Then have the Heroes play a role in further class distinctions; Terran: Ghost, Protoss: Archon, Zerg: Queen, etc. They could release the beta with 2 Heroes per class, then add more slowly over time!

I do like the minerals/gas idea, I think it would also be interesting to incorporate structures some how. I image a very different game board.

ā€œā€""""ā€œRumorsā€""""""

1 Like

Knowing Blizzard I think minerals and gas will be token spell cards added to your hand by SCVs Probes and Drones.

Minerals
1 mana Draw 1 minion from your Deck.

Gas Pack
1 mana Draw 1 spell from your Deck.

While the potential is huge, I think they will settle for something like that.

I would honestly rather they just add to hearthstone. Plenty of classes to add, deathknight, monk, demon hunterā€¦

I imagined that before another card game they would think about taking out a battlechess, it even works with that ā€œnexus stoneā€. In market terms it is something that became quite popular, it returned many active accounts to Riot.

Although they could also think of taking out some more dynamic card game in the teppen style. But after thinking that ā€¦ itā€™s Blizz, they took out their moba 6 years after the genre became popular and just when it was starting to decline.

All they need to do is ban you from posting but keep your account active so they take away your childish nature and still not give you what you want.

That would be the smarter play.

I couldnā€™t understand that.

I also feel this could pull back a lot of players out there experimenting with that other card game. I would want Blizz to take there time with this one, maybe drop it in 2 years or so. Observer the new kids on the block for a while the drop a superior title like they always do!

I feel like ā€œheroā€ cards would take on a whole new meaning! It would be exciting to see how the units, the characters and the strategy of that game would translate into a playing card style game.

I am not liking this idea to be honest. They could have made the CCG to be about Blizzard games from the start. Having two different ones seems kinda meh

1 Like

What if they did a Starcraft ā€œeventā€ in Hearthstone.

Oh my God! You had the BEST idea ever!

I mean the BEST Ideaā€™s Shape ever! Just imagine a Hearthstoneā€™s expansion based in Diablo I ?

I donā€™t know ā€¦ why only WoW , right ? Since the product be from Blizzard.

1 Like