Next Expansion: The Colosseum!

What do you think of the next patch ‘The Colosseum’?

New Monster Type: Ambassador

Ambassador-Monster improve your hero power.
When you are playing Mage and on your field is a minion with Ambassador: Hunter and you cast your hero power:

1. Your Mage Hero Power will get activated.
  2. Your hero power is casting again but it is the hunter’s one.

The more Ambassador effects are on your field, the more often your hero power is casting.

• Ambassador-Class Cards cannot be added in their class deck but in all other. e.g: https://hearthcards.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/f7/4c/1c/7a/f74c1c7a.png
    You can add this card in a Hunter Deck, Warrior Deck, …
    But you cannot add it to Mage Decks.

Ambassador-Neutral Cards can be added in each deck.

New Card Type: Battlefields

Battlefield Cards are changing the rules of this battle.
There can be only 1 Battlefield Card active at a time.
You can read more here: New card idea: Battlefields

New Mode: The Colosseum

The main feature of this new expansion is the Colosseum.
There are Ambassadors, a changing battlefield but we think the Colosseums make this expansion perfect!

In the Colosseum you choose your class and you are playing with your whole collection as your deck! All class cards of each class and all neutral cards are included and maybe your deck will include more than 1000 cards.

In this battle your hero has 60 life points and both player starts with 3 mana.

If you win a battle you rank up on a ladder and you will play against 3 different player! If you won each battle you will fight a random A.I. enemy from the solo adventures - He is the boss of the colosseum. So maybe you will fight Togwaggle, The Lichking, Kel’Thuzad, Ragnaros or maybe the big King Mukkla!

When you win all 4 battles you will get a free card pack as reward! It is a random card pack from any standard or wild card collection.
And listen: Each time you win the Colosseum you will get another Card Pack!
As often as you want!

The reward is limited to:
You can only collect each card pack once a day. But tomorrow you can play again!

Just another cash grab from a group with dwindling capitol and a lack of creativity.

Except this is the OP presenting his idea as an official expansion, not something Blizzard is actually doing. Google Hearthstone The Colosseum and you can see for yourself there has been no such announcement

Never mind that the next expansion isn’t until August anyway. We likely won’t hear anything on it until July

To the OP:

Ambassadors feel like you ripped them from Keyforge and honestly I do not like this implementation. Multiple class hero powers at once hardly seems balanced to me. Maybe you get the option to use any hero power you have an ambassador for, but not all of them at once.

Battlefields in general are unlikely to be implemented either. Mutual effects aren’t mutual when each player is bringing the one that works for them. And how will that work? Both players can have one (which defeats the purpose) or only one across both (which means neither player will even use theirs because whoever plays theirs first loses their advantage when the second player plays theirs, then can’t do anything about it)? Either way, these don’t work as standalone cards.

The Colosseum game mode is not something they will ever likely do, but feels sort of like the AI arena from Elsder Scrolls: Legends. I personally would not play it, it doesn’t have anything to make it stand out and if I want to fight a solo boss I’ll go play its campaign.

1 Like

Just another post from a player with dwindling relevance and a lack of creativity.

1 Like

haha Sorry if I offended your boyfriend

Boy, middle school is going to be rough for you.

Max, get off my d!ck… You follow me everywhere, creep.

Didn’t even realize you posted anywhere else. Throwaway accounts all look the same to me tbh.

Don’t be rude guys :smiley: