New Warrior Epic: Bloodsworn Mercenary

Don’t like it either they can contest the Elekk and you dont get the double swings etc. Or they cannot and you get the double swings, seems like overkill to add more combo pieces into the mix for a higher reward.

I’d rather save it for a strong mech of some kind if I’d put it in a bomb warrior deck.

1 Like

It’s flexible, you can include it and use it however.

Of course Its a flexiable card my point was you wouldnt put it in a bomb warrior deck for the sake of getting more value off the Elekk and bombs.

I dunno, we will have to see. I was honestly surprised that elekk managed to stay in the optimal lists.

Kinda like Unsleeping Soul but the minion has to be damaged. Easy peasy with Inner Rage. Something simple as Gurubashi Beserker would be good for this. Can even give it Rampage first then copy it.

Bonkers!

Question. If you give a minion charge with that useless warrior spell, the copy it, will the copied minion be able to attack heros, or is that restriction copied as well?

This card is way better than ppl give credit for. If you got a damaged guy which warrior does ez then its a front loaded piloted shredder for 1 less mana if that shredder could also make fatties. This is seriously a 5 star card.

1 Like

Because mongo rush face or having a virtually unstoppable army of 8/8 or 7/8 is so fun…riiiiiight.

The text added to the card is the complete text. If you mouseover/finger over you’ll see it isn’t just charge on the minion and as such the copied one gets EVERYTHING. That’s like asking if you copied a frozen minion would the copy be frozen.

Eh…that might be overstating it a bit. When you don’t have a damaged minion on board, this thing is just a vanilla 3 mana 3/3. Sure you might have to tempo that out but you’re not all that happy about it. And if you’re playing on curve, you probably don’t have much in the way of a damaged 1 or 2 drop for this to hit on 3.

Also, I think a lot of people are imagining the scenario where the copied minion has only taken 1 damage and is still moderately healthy, but the way combat often works is that minions don’t usually have tons of health left over after value trading. You might be copying a 3/1 Dyn-o-matic for example. A 3 mana 6/4 is certainly very nice but I’m not sure it’s earth-shattering.

I think it’s still a strong effect and definitely a playable card. But I don’t think it’s a 5/5. Dr. Boom, Zilliax, Dyn-o-matic, Omega Devastator; those are 5/5 cards.

1 Like

a single card does not an Archtype make. The previous 2 cards kind of sucked as Blood Warriors and Genesis Wave did nothing by themselves and were hard to set up to get your mana’s worth of value. This card you at the very least get a subpar 3 mana 3/3 with no text and the upside is not that difficult to get as on turn 10 you can Inner Rage and play up to a 7 drop from hand. Compared that to trying to set up Genesis Wave or Blood Warriors combo from hand. Not sure what we are doing with it right not but the card is good.

ok 5 stars maybe too much…4 stars

1 Like

The card is good. If it were available to paladin I would swap my faceless manipulator for it immediately.

It has almost no downside as a 3/3 body with a potentially game changing effect.

It doesn’t even require you to run anything specific to get a good play from it, just to have a minion survive a hit

The OTK possibility seems very naughty with Thaurissan. Inner Rage, Coin and two of these is a full health OTK after a single Thaurissan proc.

There are probably better ways to OTK in Wild, but cards that are flexible and enable a win condition are generally worth keeping an eye on.

Sure it’s playable. What I mean is it’s not an “amazingly good card everyone is sleeping on”.

Dyn-o-matic, Militia Commander, Super Collider THAT’S what I call amazing Warrior cards, you can put them in any Warrior deck and they make the deck stronger.

Bloodworm is not a reliable massive tempo-swing. Is not a removal. The card is good in fantasy-scenarios. But the card itself won’t carry the Warrior.

Priest do have viable decks, they just don’t have the THE best decks anymore, but even now Priest is definitely viable for climbing.

Madame Lazul is another very horrible card, who is unable to carry the Priest. “But Priest is bad and that’s why Madame Lazul is not played”?

A card that needs to be carried by other powerful cards is rarely a good card by itself. Lazul is one of those bad cards… the fact that Lazul never gets played in any Priest deck says it all. You can skip Madam Lazul and still do good, or even most cases perform even better without her. This card might be even worse than Benedictus, at least Benedictus is a nice tech-card against some decks.

5 star.

God Tier 3-Drop.

Would play in most decks.

This card is promising. I miss cards like Grim Patron and Blood Warriors. This would be even more interesting if Charge was still a card.

I love everything about this card. Good mana cost. Good body for it’s mana cost. Good battlecry for it’s mana cost. AMAZING artwork. I need golden copies of this card asap.