New Warrior Epic: Bloodsworn Mercenary

While it is true that the archetype hasn’t really taken off, this card has some merit to it.

For 7 mana, if militia commander survives the first thing it runs into, this can create a follow up punch.

It has decent stats for 3 mana and no effect, so it is less risky to run this, as it is never a completely dead card.

Who knows? This might be enough to put whip warrior as a noticeable piece of the meta. It can be a pretty decent deck as is.

If going second and you saved coin:
Garrosh + inner rage + coin + merc = 28 damage charge

Without coin:

Leeroy + inner rage + rampage + inner rage + merc = 26 damage

Kor’kron + 2x inner rage + rampage + merc = 22 damage

Arena fanatic and other handbuffs in wild can be used to take this combo further beyond.

Switching gears, this may be useful with beefy taunts

The 5/7 rush taunt bear can pair with this on turn 10

Used on a rush minion will let you rush a second time the same turn, with more obvious synergy with Dr Boom

1 Like

… Okay? I don’t see why I should care but go ahead. You do you. :slight_smile:

Considering that I very rarely bother to troll, you can safely assume that this is not trolling.

You were not around when Pirate Warrior was around? Or Rush Warrior, at least partly, last year.

Maybe not for you. But for many others, like me, it is.

I really don’t get why you can’t stand the idea of Warrior class be able to play other style of decks than just slow Control… We all want diverse archetypes for each classes, no? It’s almost as if you wanted each class to be played in only one way and anything else is heresy. :confused:

Well it’s a Warriors and Paladin thing (new Pally quest) now!

This class identity thing just feels a bit weird tbh.

As far as this card goes, seems really stronk, the possible value from a 3 drop is crazy, although difficult to enable on curve, won’t fit in bomb or control warrior but whip Warrior is a much more fun deck , so more support for this archetype gets my vote.

As for the card itself, it certainly can be powerful, maybe even in a mech deck. Once Dr. Boom is online, all your mechs having rush means some of them are bound to be damaged at some point. For example, maybe you play a mechanical whelp, rush it into something to get it killed, rush the 7/7 into something and then copy the dragon which the copy also has rush.

Other than that, I’m trying to think what kind of copy targets a warrior wants. Maybe there’s some cute Recurring Villian synergy. Play Villian, Inner Rage, Mercenary to get another set. Or maybe you can get another Gunspire out in play cheaply.

None of those ideas sound more powerful than existing bomb/control warrior but something to think about.

wait. So you put irony in your own statement but completely missed mine? Is this what an aggro diet does to your brain?

Don’t do aggro kids.

1 Like

SmorC is tempting.

But it does reduce your IQ.
That has been scientifically proven.

1 Like

Time to expand your small mind, young one.

There’s gonna be some whippin’ in SoU.

'Tis old magic.

Yes, because it’s so easy to always tell irony from plain text. :roll_eyes: Also, I didn’t put any irony in my statements. That was not my intention. And yet you somehow found some…

Is this what Control does to YOUR brain? To see irony everywhere? :crazy_face:

Bwah!
Old Magic?!

1 Like

Maybe but I’d rather just have it in anyway, odds are if you play a board centric game you will have things on board you can use this on. But I’m sure that some people will try to turn this into a combo which makes me sad because I’m not a big fan of combo decks but I do love cards that does something different.

You noted pirate/aggro warrior after, is that not ironic?

so you’re telling me you looked at

and didn’t think anything was ironic or wrong

Okay, I want control support for every other class so I can

and to

I want some Control Paladin action.

Control Shaman will probably be a tad too annoying for me to even consider playing the first two weeks though.

Sure. Fine by me. Let’s hope for the best then.

I rather play other types of, for instance, Warlock decks than just Zoolock. I think Quest Warlock with Plot Twist COULD become a thing, though.

You’re missing the point, I don’t protest control for every class because

1. I don’t play those classes in ladder, therefore I don’t have a say in those classes.
  2. I am staying in my control lane so the rest of you aggro/tempo players could enjoy yourselves in your lane.

But y tho

“Everyone, get in here!”

Good card. Can be used early to double up an enraged Wasp in tempo, or a worgen if the control decks get super greedy next meta.

Promoting value trading decks is a good thing.

Well warrior is so much control that even devs stated that it is it for control archtype for now and they not plan on improve it for warrior this year.

Sorry but no 29 removals + hero deck will not be allowed at standard.