New Warrior Epic: Bloodsworn Mercenary

Hey that sounds like arena always.

Also it doesn’t work that way because standard doesn’t have enough cards to support both.

However, Wild does and do have both aggro and control options for all classes.

You can already run a Faceless Manipulator if you wanted to copy big minions and that isn’t conditional. Your Ysera needs to be alive on your turn and damaged to be able to utilize this new copy effect and by that stage, the 2 mana discount and 3/3 are a bit less impactful.

I feel like this thing is best when it’s copying slightly smaller stuff. Going Town Crier/Eternium Rover into Redband Wasp into Bloodsworn Mercenary is where you really snowball this.

Notably, this would be pretty slick with the new Restless Mummy which has Rush and Reborn. The Reborn version will be damaged to 1 by default enabling the Mercenary.

1 Like

On turn 3+ getting an extra 2+/2+ isn’t really “wow, so op” any more. Especially not in the current meta’s power-level. Maybe it would been really OP back in Naxx or something… but now, you need to bring more than just extra (mini) value.

Warlock has a 3 mana 3/3 + 5/5 for just sacrificing a Lackey. That’s a wow.

Sure, you can always imagine duplicating Ysera. You can also duplicate a Death Wing or a Gruul and many other unrealistic situations. You can do that with almost any (bad) card.

If you introduce this card today in this meta, I’m sure nothing will change. Tempo Warrior will not reappear for this card. So no, I don’t think it’s an OP card… if Tempo Warrior gets really good again, there might be room for this card… I think you’re just overhyping stuff just like you did with Madame Lazul.

I would pair this with a sexy rush minion. That was my first thought. I don’t play warrior…at all, ever. So, that’s all I got.

From the standpoint of versing warriors… I did see warriors that damage minions to buff them. However, I don’t know if this set is going to have enough to knock out mechs.

1 Like

The difference between this and prior attempts at copying damaged minions is that those were very slow, memey plays that typically only worked in OTK combo decks (Recruit Warrior with Sudden Genesis). This card is a 3 mana 3/3 that creates more value on board. That’s so much stronger than Sudden Genesis, because it doesn’t have to rot in your hand until you have your combo set up. I think Mech Warrior will rule the meta until rotation, but this card is too strong not to find a home at some point in the future. I’ll give it a 4 out of 5.

2 Likes

This card fits in the current warrior decks so well with boom. Warrior is spoiled for choice with boom decks it’s getting silly.

While 3 mana, with 5 mana stats on a low end might not be op, it’s still amazing value and again that is lowballing it and also not counting for cards with effect like reborn attached.

Copying a big minion is just a dream play, but copying lower cost minions is where it will shine more often.

And Madame Luzul isn’t a fair example, the card is still great, the problem is priest has no viable deck type right now so she doesn’t have a deck to go into because priest is literally the worst class right now.

Oho, I’ve just gone from “meh” to hyped in one card :open_mouth:

If there’s more enrage support in the set to come too count me in! This is the kind of support we’ve needed for years.

Leeroy, Inner Rage and this, fun times.

1 Like

Agree by just copying a 1/2 Acolyte you will get insane value off it while at the same time behing a pretty alright tempo play. Its basiclly a bare minimum 4/4 stats split into two minions for 3 mana which is fine.

I think this card is really strong with alot of potential. When the worst play you can do with something is a 3 mana 3/3 and the best is something crazy like a 3 mana 3/3 that copies a 12/8 Grommash you know the card is good.

2 Likes

Bingo.

The variety is great for such a low cost.

Maybe an all in bomb deck where you copy elekk.

My dragon warrior, which sponsored my climb to 5 might make use of this, as copying a giant twilight drake isn’t half bad.

Don’t like it either they can contest the Elekk and you dont get the double swings etc. Or they cannot and you get the double swings, seems like overkill to add more combo pieces into the mix for a higher reward.

I’d rather save it for a strong mech of some kind if I’d put it in a bomb warrior deck.

1 Like

It’s flexible, you can include it and use it however.

Of course Its a flexiable card my point was you wouldnt put it in a bomb warrior deck for the sake of getting more value off the Elekk and bombs.

I dunno, we will have to see. I was honestly surprised that elekk managed to stay in the optimal lists.

Kinda like Unsleeping Soul but the minion has to be damaged. Easy peasy with Inner Rage. Something simple as Gurubashi Beserker would be good for this. Can even give it Rampage first then copy it.

Bonkers!

Question. If you give a minion charge with that useless warrior spell, the copy it, will the copied minion be able to attack heros, or is that restriction copied as well?

This card is way better than ppl give credit for. If you got a damaged guy which warrior does ez then its a front loaded piloted shredder for 1 less mana if that shredder could also make fatties. This is seriously a 5 star card.

1 Like

Because mongo rush face or having a virtually unstoppable army of 8/8 or 7/8 is so fun…riiiiiight.

The text added to the card is the complete text. If you mouseover/finger over you’ll see it isn’t just charge on the minion and as such the copied one gets EVERYTHING. That’s like asking if you copied a frozen minion would the copy be frozen.