New Warrior Epic: Bloodsworn Mercenary

3 mana
3 attack, 3 Health

Choose a damaged friendly minion. Summon a copy of it.

Hm. That archetype never really took off… :s

3 Likes

I love this archetype and support its development 100%.

Whip Warrior is actually a really fun deck, btw.

18 Likes

The Warrior’s “duplicate damaged minion” thing is so rare it’s not really a thing.

You had me at

Also.
How do you post with fewer than 20 chars!?
It’s too convenient.

I need access to this forbidden knowledge.

I meant overall self-damaging and “Enrage”… oops sorry, “While damaged” themes. They often get quite a bit cards related to this, but they usually end up on the fringes of meta.

That said - it has rather amazing synergy with Militia Commander, since it will summon a 5/X after an attack.

another lame card for warrior I guess

Any Warrior card that does not destroy aggro and midrange is lame indeed.

OTK Grommash deck?

Seems intriguing.

Priest: Priests balance holy light and shadow magic to defeat their opponents. They control a battle’s outcome using powerful spells with situational applications. While not the most aggressive, they are able to generate, copy, and use combinations of cards to create a powerful army.

• Strengths : Healing, narrow but powerful spells, copying, single-minion buffs, Deathrattle

So now copying minion is warrior’s thing ?

It is probably an expansion theme, to some degree.

What makes it lame though? This provides support for an archetype that desperately needs it, and has the potential to put an insane amount of stats on the board for very little investment. Granted I’m not a warrior main (don’t even really play the class), but in a vacuum duplicating something like a Darius Crowley or a damaged, magnetized mech seems really, really good. Even taking something like a Militia Commander, playing it, hitting something, then making a copy of it and hitting something else, is an insane tempo play.

This looks like a neat card! And I love that art work, I mean hot dayum! :heart_eyes:

Anyway, I like this card design for Warrior because the Warrior is supposed to have synergies with damaged minions, like Frothing Berserker, Redband Wasp and Blackhowl Gunspire (“LOL!”, I know). But Blizzard has pretty much moved away from that, or just forgot about it, in the latest expansions and gave them more and more Mech synergies.

I hope that this is a sign for a new Warrior archetype that has next to nothing to do with Mechs. Maybe a fool’s dream, though…

1 Like

This is really good 3 mana 3/3 with a good battlecry is always very good and often see play. I don’t think Bomb Warriors will slam it into their decks. But I don’t mind new Warrior decks to take their spot.

Blood Warriors and Sudden Genesis were in Whispers and Ungoro respectively. And then there’s stuff like War Master Voone and Dimensional Ripper.

People are being a bit too literal with the ‘class identity’ stuff. The idea isn’t that “this class is the only class that can do X”.

6 Likes

Support for enrage? Definitely craft on day 1 for me

1 Like

I don’t understand. Why can’t you aggro players leave warrior along? Why can’t you play any other class that is not warrior? And let warrior be control?? I don’t come to your house and protest that hunter should get more control cards and control support. WHY DOES WARRIOR HAVE TO BE A TEMPO/AGGRO CLASS LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE? Just play another class, there are 8 others to choose from. Why must you play warrior?

Is ladder really that boring that you need all 9 classes to be tempo/aggro decks?

6 Likes

They are far too entitled to see the truth.

1 Like

Because the current Control style Warriors, with or without bombs, are boring as fudge and we would rather see a class be able to play in multiple different ways than just one. In this case slow control style.

Plus it’s not like Warriors have never played in faster aggro/tempo style before.

1 Like

Wrong.

We don’t like to talk about it.

2 Likes

okay I will let you guys have warrior and I can just play another control class like Control hunter, control priest, control rogue, control paladin or control warlock. Pretty sure that will work out great.

Actually can’t tell if you’re trolling

How is that a fact?

1 Like