New warlock rare: Expired Merchant

If you’re playing discolock(and deathwing is AMAZING in discolock), you’ll notice that while cards such as DK’Dan and Deathwing are AMAZING, it’s a coin flip as to whether you’ll keep them long enough to play them. Even soulwardens aren’t a guarantee; wild discolock discards a LOT of cards. Putting an extra Deathwing in your hand gives you room to breathe! And being a 2drop, it’s bringing you to quest completion.

…if you’re not playing a deck that, you know, randomly discards your hand, you wouldn’t get the value, duh. But forgive me if I focus on discard decks with a discard card, neh? Although this does have SO much potential for all kinds of decks!

1 Like

I see this having potential synergy with recovering from freezing trap as well. That can be super clutch imo.

Or just as a backup in case you hit a high cost essential card with soularium.

1 Like

A 2 mana 2/1 is pretty bleh, but it’s more tempo than tapping. You don’t net any card advantage though since it cost you two cards (merchant plus discard) to get two cards. But duplicating things can be valuable.

You’re super sad if this gets Earth Shocked though.

Get ready for every wild warlock deck to play double guldans now.

EDIT: triple guldans

EDIT 2: 5 guldans. Just play this and baron for double deathrattles and mortal coil it. But this is overkill. 3 will be enough.

Infinite Soulfire Warlock? Use expired merchant to discard Soulwardens. Use diretroll to discard 2 soul fires. Play Soulwarden for another Soulwarden plus 2 soul fires. As long as you have 2 soulwardens in hand, you can pretty safely start throwing soul fires at their face.

Unless your Soulfires discard those Soul Wardens…

1 Like

Infinite Dinomancers seems like a much simpler goal than infinite Soulfires. And requires far fewer cards to complete the combo.

2 Likes

This could get silly if you can echo cast it with the legendary.

In conjunction with Rivendare, you could easily fill the board with dinomancers!

1 Like

Or Umbra works great with infinite Dinomancers too!

2 Likes

This is a conditional Demonic Tutor (in hand, highest cost) that creates an extra copy of the card.

This card will be a problem. Donais should know better.

Hear me out!

entering meme mode

-Utilize both copies to achieve 4 Malygos in hand
-Augmented Elekk Plot Twist 4 more copies into deck
-Hit Fatigue
-Dollmaster Dorian>Plot Twist(6 malygos enters board)>Soulfire for 34 damage

You are dramatically overestimating the possibility or drawing your full deck and replacing it with 4 generated copies.

And dramatically underestimating the power of 5/5’s that cannot be removed without silence or transform effects.

Do you not understand memes buddy?

You don’t do it because it’s likely or particularly viable, you do it particularly because it is NEITHER and is yet hella fun when you DO pull it off.

And yes, I thought up infinite dinomancers and will certainly play with it, but it ALSO falls into the meme category as there is so much silence, transform, poly and bounce in wild. An umbra’d board may or may not be sticky enough, but that is a 10mana combo. Good luck reaching t10 while keeping the mana cost of your deck under 6; demon package would be tricky to run, as you’d have to clear voidlords out of your hand before you can discard a dinomancer; and DK’Dan would work AGAINST this strategy, as you would absolutely HAVE to play it out of your hand before discarding a dinomancer, and that would give you a full board that you end up having to kill off before running the combo.

This card will have its competitive uses I’m certain, my dude, but I’m more interested in these meme applications! Don’t try to judge one meme by another meme, though.

3 Likes

Like Zerek, that card that sees absolutely no play?

Zerek resurrects once on your enemy turn. Dinomancers are eternal.

Dinomancer > Zerek.

1 Like

This card does not really gain value. It spends 2 cards and it gets back 2 cards,you do get the 2/1 as a bonus and can copy something. Can play it with the 2 mana destroy minion to get lackey but then its kinda slow. it seems kinda weak.
The new demon also does not look that great if compare it with card like omega devastator which is somewhat similar. Taking 8 damage to destroy a giant is a bit painfull for warlock but maybe it can be ok-ish.

You can make some kind of janky Discard Sacrifice Zoo deck using Jeklik at the top of the curve.

Making copies of stuff can get outta control. This card might be top 5 in set