New Warlock Epic: Riftcleaver

6 mana Demon
7 attack, 5 health
Battlecry: destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its health.

I couldn’t find a topic for it, and this one looks spicy.

3 Likes

really nice, and has synergy with some warlock cards

Really nice effect but for the cost (mana and health) I’d expect better stats.

That DOES look very spicy, alright!

Powerful Destroy-effect but with a price. I would say that whether this card will see play depends how much healing Warlocks have. And right now they got next to none in this current meta. So, unless some new unrevealed cards will provide some healing, I don’t see this seeing much if any play.

2 Likes

it already has good stats for the powerfull effect it carries, before you had a 3/6 dragon that costed 6 mana and killed 3 or less attack minions and had a lot fo play

2 Likes

I think either healing or self-harm synergy. Think about Evenlock with this - you have Molten Giants and Hooked Reavers to benefit from being low, so it could see inclusion at least there.

2 Likes

Except that I don’t think about Wild. I always judge cards based on Standard’s meta.

1 Like

8 Likes

decent card…

…art wise

Betrug’s little bro?

It’s comparable with Crowd Roaster. Would you run a Crowd Roaster that roasts you too?

The Warlock cards are all over the place. Would you play this with the Quest if you would be tapping often to finish it? Can you afford to Merchant it for a second copy? Warlock needs serious health gain to run this card.

4 Likes

Well, at least the card’s art looks sick if nothing else.

I could see it find its way into Renolock, but the self damage can be really risky.

Also, it’s not “enemy minion”, so you likely don’t want to play it if your opponent has nothing in play but you do (outside beneficial deathrattles or removing an obnoxious minion).

1 Like

I cant wait to challenge a friend to play a priest and test it against some motherfu… HP overbuffed minion

Wow this looks pretty strong at first glance, you’re losing just 1 stat point from vanilla to gain a minion kill ability, that seems really good to me,

However the self dmg can’t be ignored and this might restrict it’s use . I do think this will find it’s way into some Warlock decks, but perhaps not, control warlock might prefer Syphon soul for the health gain and it may be a little too slow for zoo.

Tbh I don’t really play enough Warlock to have a good handle on this, it would be bonkers if this doesn’t see play because it’s so strong, but perhaps the health loss is too much?

1 Like

For zoolock Owl Is better.

There are no other warlock decks outside of meme tier atm.

I would rather see such effect for Paladin. Control tool, so-so body, potential synergy with time out and healing.

For warlock… I am not so sure its worth it. Maybe some other tools are comming to make it viable

2 Likes

Its good in arena for sure. There is a 5 mana 2/2 deal 5 with death rattle: damage your hero for 5, which is not all that horrible.
This card is better then that. Its good tempo so maybe some agro or midrange deck.

I don’t think it’ll see much play outside of evenlock wild-wise.

But boy will this be pretty good in evenlock, considering 90% of the time the damage you take is more of a positive then destroying a minion.

Can be good… not the most optimal removal from health-wise perspective. Because healing will be a weakness of Warlock (or limitation, I kinda forgot).

It fits the Warlock theme for sure. I hope it sees play.

I think if there would be another line: Deathrattle - restore that much HP to your hero - it would be waaaay better.

It would still pose o threat of setting your health low, it would be vulnerable to silence, various transform effects or sap.

I would rather use this card than Ironbeak Owl in Zoolock.
Zoolock decks often don’t care about their health as much since they often play the role of the aggressor. This card allows it to develop its own threat while removing one of the opponents, similar to Vilespine Slayer, a card that saw lots of play in Rogue decks.

1 Like