New Warlock Common: EVIL Recruiter

Common · Minion · Saviors of Uldum · Battlecry: Destroy a friendly Lackey to summon a 5/5 Demon.

Holy crap… This looks SICK! :astonished: Imagine: spend 3 mana (or 4 mana if you play a Lackey on the same turn), get a 3/3 and a 5/5!!! This MUST see play. Who would say no to such a deal? Zoolock already plays EVIL Genius that generates 2 Lackeys.

11 Likes

This might push zoo outside of t3 I guess

2 Likes

:dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

They’re overdoing it yet again.
What terrible idea!

7 Likes

4 mana 7/7? How bout’ 3 (4*) mana 8/8?! This is some hilarious tempo swing, will be the centerpiece of aggressive Warlock, no doubts.

But the name is so bad, it’s almost the same as EVIL Conscripter, and at first glance I got confused when I saw the thread name… "Wasn’t EVIL Recruiter a Priest card? :thinking: "

5 Likes

This is insane…

Warlock might become Tier 1 just from this card…

Yes, they just MIGHT be. But you know what, Warlock is in such a sad state right now that I welcome this card.

You know what’s perhaps the most insane thing about this card? This is only a Common. Not Epic or even Rare. Common. It’s super cheap to craft.

3 Likes

That’s not insane, that’s a very good thing. If the card proves to be useful, having it at common means more players being able to utilize it.

Unless Warlock gets a 1 mana Lackey generator, they will not be able to play Recruiter on curve to summon a 5/5 Demon without The Coin. Their current generators both cost 2 mana (Cable Rat & Genius), which means you can’t normally play a Lackey on Turn 2 to prepare for Recruiter.

Yes. Of course it is. But if I was making this card I would’ve made it as a higher rarity because the effect is so strong. But that’s just me, I guess.

Yes, that’s true. So, at least the card is kept in check that way, with the Lackey-only synergy. It’s still quite busted considering the overall mana cost and value; 4 mana (with a Lackey) to get 8/8 worth of stats.

This is not as good as you think. Firstly, you have to draw your EVIL Genius, draw a poor minion like 1/1 to get Lackeys from, then you have to play a Lackey and that new card. It’s a lot of stuff to do in a certain order, so this card is maybe like 3/5.

Druid has a card that can turn a board of 2/2 to a board of 5/5, when it’s easier to get some Treants than Lackeys and it still doesn’t see much play (or any at all).

As a frequent Zoo Warlock player, I’m excited for this card. As a 3 mana 7/7 (since a lackey has to be sacrificed), this card provides massive tempo. Evil Genius is often played on turn 3 or later since it requires a board to obtain value. If no other lackey generators are printed for Warlock in this expansion this card may make the deck use EVIL Cable Rat as well.

1 Like

It does boil down to getting that good curve of Lackey generating minion (wether Rat or Genius) and this for a great turn 4;

it’s also a good turn 5 or 6 if you weren’t lucky enough to get the Lackeys.

The problem is, when you do not get any Lackey generator, this sits dead in your hand or becomes a mediocre 3 Mana 3/3 play.

If Warlock or Neutral set gets more Lackey generator in order to turn Zoolock into “Lackey-Lock”, then this will definitely see massive play; until then, the 3 drop slot is cemented by Carpet synergizing well with 1 drops which are not necessarely supposed to be Lackeys.

One is a sticky Token/Swarm deck, the other a Boardcontrol/Aggro deck.

Comparison does not work too well.

This feels a bit too strong, even with it being situational. I guess zoo needed something

1 Like

I think saying T3 is already a stretch Zoolock is more T2 atm than T3 in my opinion, the most correct place to place it is t2.5 because its a pretty steady deck against the majority of the meta. And ahead of every other T3 deck in the meta.

You dont have to do them all in the same turn, just playing the game and when you got a lackey on hand plus this its four mana to get a battlecry and a 3/3 and 5/5 on board which is really powerful.

This will be an auto include in Zoolock and it will make the deck quite abit stronger for sure.

1 Like

Rarity is not a balance to power level (outside Legendaries getting a boost for their singleton status) and should never be considered such. Rarity (in HS) is usually used to divide complexity of cards, with Common being the simplest and Epic being the most complex.

Maybe its bottom of t2. No idea. When I saw these numbers how unfavourable zoo is against both hunter and warrior I thought it cannot be t2 at all based on the number of hunters and warriors. And I have read somewhere it isnt even that great against that rng fest mage (just slightly favourable).

Strongest 3 drop ever. Nothing in the history of HS can compare…

Maybe except pre nerf warsong commander. But yea i betting this card gonna see nerf.

It has more text than most cards in the game.

Just face the fact that they put it as common probably as last minute change to incentive people to try warlock and that is it.