New Task System Is Too Fast

Don’t get me wrong, I really like it in many ways. But I forsee a real problem at least for a window of time. We will all be sitting around with nothing but Maxed mercs and no more tasks. That will happen some short time after Murky is released and before the new excess coin system is in place.

Well maybe the new D3 season will fill the slack.

That’s fine. You get a new daily task every day, and you also have opportunities to farm coins from whatever boss you want using whatever build you want. I, for one, am relieved to be able to farm coins without having to jump through weird hoops to complete a daily task. I also like having the feeling of being “done” with the game for a while. It frees up time for other stuff. I hate how most modern games are designed like treadmills with a never ending slew of chores. I’m glad that they abandoned that design here, and I wish other games would follow suit.

Besides, no one’s forcing you to do every task immediately . If you feel it’s going too fast, then just do one task and abandon it immediately after. You’ll get the same effect as before. Let the rest of us enjoy the opportunity to knock out a track at a time without arbitrary time gates.

2 Likes

It’s easy to just go “It’s there, so I should do it now.”

I’ve personally started abandoning tasks for mercs I’m not interested in, just to see what is rolled the next day.

3 Likes

That’s been my routine since the new system launched. I’ll do tasks for a random merc I don’t use as long as they’re quick and easy (tasks 1-6 for example), and abandon the instant something time consuming or annoying pops up.

I’ve also had decent luck finding Mysterious Strangers to fill the empty slot with my choice of merc rather than relying on the new day’s RNG to fill the slot.

100% agree with BernieMargo, it’s great that the game feels “done” for a while - lets the rest of us start to catch up a bit. I liked the flow of the old system and was initially concerned this would be a problem with the new system, but for me at least it turned out about the same. Instead of “do a few bounties until the task board is clear”, now it’s “do two bounties for the daily, then maybe one or two more if that will advance some of the active tasks”. Same time investment, better results since the focus stays on mercs I care about.

1 Like