New shadow + legendary priest cards

New Priest Cards dropped this morning.

Epic · Spell · Festival of Legends · Choose two enemy minions. They fight! Add copies of any that die to your hand.

Sort of like a targeted Hysteria + copy. Seems ok.

Rare · Spell · Festival of Legends · Give a minion -5/-5. If it has 0 Attack, destroy it.

This one I don’t like very much. The light, it burns already exists for 1 mana, this one seems a bit expensive for what it does.

Legendary · Spell · Festival of Legends · Your first spell each turn costs (2) less. Lasts until you don

“endless” Prep at start of turn. Pog!

Svalna is drooling over these BUT the legendary is a Holy spell. Will force Svalna decks to go without Bishop

4 Likes

Free prep every turn for a spell heavy deck, i coukd see the legendary being used some

svalna support! YES! this will be so fun to play

That legendary spell is insane! I don’t remember a priest ever not playing a spell on a turn, and it worths well with Svalna to keep it as a value card.

Shadow Chord: Distort will kill a minion if it has less than 5 health OR less than 5 attack. Not sure if they need 3 mana removal though.

Isn’t that guy rotating?

They are adding it to Core, if I am not mistaken.

4 Likes

The legend spell looks pretty good. The other two, especially the 3 mana -5-5 looks absolutely terrible. Like… why?

1 Like

It’s a Shadow Word: Death for 4 attack creatures. And if it has more than 5 attack, it lowers it’s stats for something you can easily kill with minions (and survive).

Yeah, that’s terrible. We have a 1 mana removal and a 2 mana…i don’t need a 3 mana that only works in very specific circumstances… this card is really bad.

1 Like

If Mind Control type cards come back, this could be decent. But yeah, it would work only in very specific scenarios and seems way overpriced. Probs 2 Mana -4/-4 would have been too good, idk.

3 mana do nothing and lose a card. That is one bad legendary.
Playable with Svalna, but good luck getting both before you get rolled over by the aggro decks.

Not if you play ETC :wink:

Chuck the legendary spell and literally any 2 other cards you might need (maybe more holy spells?) and you’re good to go

I think 1 mana infinite discover a shadow spell is intriguing enough to warrant the additional step of ETC.

Can also chuck in cards like ‘the light! It burns’ if you need immediate removal, shard for the silence, or whirlpool for board clear. Which are tools you dont get to have in shadow priest usually

2 Likes

Newsflash: Shadow word death was a pretty terrible card at 3 mana. It’s not even considered that good now at 2. This new removal is useless and never sees real play.

1 Like

It’s probably one of the worst priest cards ever printed lol

They printed that to nerf the Svalna shadow spell pool.

I like the idea of copy priest, and I like the idea of Sister Svalna. I’ll try to build around both. I appreciate that they’re adding support for past archetypes in priest, it’s a kind of progress.

I’m confused though. How am I supposed to win games? The quest line is gone. Radiant elementals are gone. Xyrella is gone. Amulets are gone. Call of the grave is gone. Void shard is gone. The shadow pool is almost completely reactive now and has very little in the way of threat generation aside from identity theft and drown.

I can try to win through attrition, or hope to steal a win condition, but it’s going to be hard to deal with what the stronger classes are doing. Am I supposed to win with Rivendare? That doesn’t seem very likely.

I don’t think the overheal package gets there, and there are other archetypes that execute that game plan much better. Aggro shadow will still be around, but it’s losing some deck defining cards and I suspect it won’t be particularly good.

I’ll try my best to make priest work, but I’m not sure what the plan is.

That’s just it. You won’t be. :rofl:

It’s aggro or bust.

1 Like

That’s fair. We all have to make sacrifices so that rogues can continue to have a good time.

1 Like

Yeah, at first I thought it wasn’t that bad, then I remembered Light, It Burns is a 1 mana card that does almost anything you want this to do but better usually

1 Like

That’s why they printed that legendary spell most likely to support sister, because then the first discover would cost 1. I assume they thought the legendary spell and radiant elemental would be too much that’s why they rotated it out.