New Rogue Legendary: Anka, The Buried

In wild all i see is
Cubes, cubes and a lot more cubes…

1 Like

Oh my.

It’s kinda nutty that this thing is also just a 5 mana 5/5 so the stats aren’t even that bad. It could easily be saving you 10+ mana when you play it.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe :P, still have to see alot of the neutral cards.

Think its more the hype of Mecha’Thun I see other lines of play aswell but the Mecha’Thun thing I’m gonna try myself at least.

Won’t help rogue out of the gutter on its own.

I translated that wrong. At first, I thought it transformed your minions into 1/1 minions. Then I read the replies and the light bulb clicked on…this card is insane.

With DK Valeera? Oh boy…

I mostly play wild so I’m loving this expansion but I can definitely see how standard players think this is atrocious.

This enables a lot of stupid interactions with Necrium Vial/Blade.

Looks very fun, but not competitive.

Rogue has just never had the survivability to make the deathrattle schtick consistently work.

Bigger chance to obelisk and Dorian work together instead.

I can see

Epic · Spell · The Boomsday Project · Trigger a friendly minion

used for multiple scenarios

maybe even help rogue surviving better with

Common · Minion · The Witchwood · Deathrattle: Restore 8 Health to your hero.

3 Likes

I’m excited to try all sorts of things with this card.

edit: oof, it’s only minions in your hand not all minions in the deck. That makes it a bit worse but still interesting.

Called it!

Now we have to see what the 2 or so DR minions Rogue will get. Will they get a DR Reborn minion?

1 Like

Well the “premier” video of reveal I actually thought it was some live stream. Stupidity of one full hour animation sand getting blown away is just outrageous.

Its been said already, but…Necrium blade and vial are standard legal.

And blade already proved itself once since release as being insanely good in a deck that can even remotely use it.

No mechathun is needed here. Theres plenty of room for this to be good without it. Unlike most predictions i make, i cant swear on this one. I just feel like its gonna surprise us.

2 Likes

They most likely won’t survive even if you had this card and Myra’s on curve with a backstab and the mecha’thun. You still then need to use up all your cards while in fatigue after with vanish gone your opponent would probably kill you within 2-3 more turns.

Put in 2 doctor and zillax for some healing. Put prep evis back stab and walk the plank etc u can play almost your whole hand in a turn kind of cards. Not sure if autioneer should be inside as if u myras before it could be a bit chucky but nonetheless viable.

This is probably what helps tip it over the edge.

A 5 mana 5/5 is not an awful play. If it gives a tempo swing the next turn then it was worth the lost stats, but if it doesn’t, there’s still a decently sized minion on board.

Heck, it might be able to justify itself if it only hits a single minion. A cheap Cube, Sylvanas, Whelp, Deranged Doctor, any of those have deathrattles which are worth more than 1 mana, and can even be played alongside Anka if it’s turn 6 or later (or saved for a combo, either way).

It doesn’t really need to hit EVERYTHING to be good, and that’s probably what’s going to push it into useable territory.

Custom Rogue2

Class: Rogue

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (0) Backstab

2x (0) Shadowstep

1x (5) anku the burried

1x (2) Doomsayer

2x (2) Eviscerate

2x (2) Loot Hoarder

2x (2) Sap

2x (2) Shiv

2x (3) Acolyte of Pain

2x (3) Fan of Knives

2x (4) Walk the Plank

1x (5) Abomination

2x (5) Rotten Applebaum

1x (5) Zilliax

2x (8) Deranged Doctor

2x (0) prep

1x (10) mecha thun

1x (5) myras unstable element

My own theorycraft

Needs auctioneer cycle if you ask me. Not good enough removal to hang as a control deck leading up to thun. That big cycle turn with some 0 costs will really help vs acolyte maybe getting 1 draw and doing nothing for your board.