New Rogue Legendary: Anka, The Buried

Anka, the Buried

“You look familiar. Were you at my first funeral?”

Battlecry: Change each Deathrattle minion in your hand into a 1/1 that costs (1).
Legendary · Minion · Saviors of Uldum · Battlecry: Change each Deathrattle minion in your hand into a 1/1 that costs (1).

1 Like

Battlecry: Waste X mins of your life watching useless animation

Deathrattle: Waste X mins of your life watching useless animation

Perfect counter to Nozdormu

8 Likes

Battlecry: … each
Deathrattle … …ur.

“each” is most likely “for each”.

So it’s card that checks how many Deathrattle you have/had and will take action based on that.

EDIT: … nope… something else!

What an insane card…

Mayra’s + This empty hand play Mech’Thun and backstab it :smiley:

Not sure how viable it would be but its gonna be funny to try out.

3 Likes

Blizzard just loves wasting people’s time with this expansion huh. The garbage scavenger hunt yesterday and now waiting an hour watching digital sand move. All for a card that isn’t remotely interesting and will see zero play.

Edit: I see the Mechathun combo, but Rogue has no survivability and can’t play the control game. So best case you draw Anka, Mechathun, and play Myra’s. Could be a deck, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Myra’s is pretty awful with Mechathun in theory because now you’re in fatigue and have to play like 8 cards so you can Mecha’thun Backstab.

1 Like

Would be nice to see a Mecha´thun Rogue. But do you think Rogue can survive so long?

I see lots of people focused on Mecha’thun, but would like to remind everyone that Necrium Blade and Necrium Vial are still around…

7 Likes

A 5 mana 5/5 that turns DR minions in your hand into 1 mana 1/1s has some great combo potential. Mechanical Whelp + Necrium Vial for 6 mana is a very strong play.

8 Likes

Yep, this is a Wild expansion alright. Time to dust off that N’zoth Jade deck.

3 Likes

Big Rogue in wild with Kobold Illusionist an things like Sneeds, Sylvanas, Silver Vanguard etc… Just got a new toy.

Deathrattles you can make 1 mana in hand is quite good, as rogue has some powerful ways to capitalize on such actions.

3 Likes

I imagine this ought to work with Gral the Shark as well, right? Because that’d be pretty neato to get him to be 4 mana cheaper at the cost of -1/-1.

6 Likes

no! god please NO! why? >.<!

Think of this tempo turn
Turn 6
Play this, play the 1/1, have a Mechanical Whelp plus any other deathrattles attached, backstab the 1/1, have a big board

that all dies to brawl

Playing this just to backstab a Whelp seems like the wrong way to use it entirely.

There are enough Deathrattle trigggers in Rogue’s arsenal that you generally don’t want to be setting them off “the good ol’ fashion way”.

2 Likes

Yeah, you don’t backstab your own whelp. You play whelp along with Necrium Vial and swing your last charge of Necrium Blade and make 3 7/7s and a 1/1 that’ll spit out another. Go ahead and brawl, you’ll probably wind up with a 7/7 plus the 7/7 from the whelp.

2 Likes

This looks very powerful, allows for some crazy combo shenanigans with blade and vial.

Will it be the best version of rogue, not sure, perhaps we need another decent dr minion to really make dr decks a reality in standard, and this is a legendary , so you can’t really build your deck around this effect, we will have to see what other (if any) synergistic cards are contained in the so far unspoiled cards.

1 Like

Card looks pretty cool, effect is strong for combo as people said but also with cards like mechanical welp, if cube was in standard it would also allow for enormous power plays.

1 Like

Maybe we will even get 1 or 2 Deathrattle minions to support this.

People who get hung up on trying to figure out how this could be a victory condition (and thus writing it off) are missing the point. This is not a victory condition. This is not a Spike card. It’s a Johnny card. It’s for all the people who enjoy building weird deathrattle decks but who want a way to trigger them.

This makes all of the deathrattles in your hand easy to trigger AND it makes them all Combo activators. The challenge is to get some premium deathrattles into your hand during the early game.

Also, Wild, yeah. It’s really starting to look like they took that criticism to heart and developed some cards that are “fresh” in BOTH environments.

2 Likes