New player, can't win anything

How can I win games without spending money?

8 Likes

Play more get dust. If you are really good. Go arena and farm. A good arena player can self sustain with 150 gold starting point.

This game ain’t for me, I’m not grinding countless hours to get gold or dust just to be able to win a casual game. What a complete waste of time just to start in this game. I can see now why this game is the worst pay to win game yet.

19 Likes

Bye bye then. 20 char

2 Likes

“Use brain, Luke!” (c)

1 Like

Arena is a horrible idea. The avg wins for non pro players is probably about 2.

6 Likes

[[[citation needed]]]

2 Likes

i only start HS about a year or so. My average is about 4 wins. Not a pro player but 3 should be quite standard win rate.

Averaging 3 arena wins probably makes it a waste of time compared to just opening packs. My average arena win rate is like 3.75 and that 150 gold entry fee yields like 1 pack plus 60 gold plus a smattering of useless cards/dust. since you don’t earn the 10 gold per 3 wins in there, I consider it about a break even proposition for me. But since I like it, breaking even is fine. To make a slight “profit”, I think you’d need to average 4+ wins. To be completely self sustaining in terms of prize being enough gold to pay for next arena, 7+.

1 Like

He’s a new player… why would you send him to arena if he cant win in casual… You need to average 3 wins to break even with arena…

8 Likes

Because you don’t need a large collection to succeed in Arena. All you need is a basic understanding if the game, and to have an idea of how to draft. The former requires practice, sure (and maybe look up some guides on the basics of Hearthstone online). The latter is available to anyone through online guides and game add-ons.

If you’re willing to do the work to learn how to properly play each game mode, Arena is probably your best bet to earn gold/dust to get cards.

1 Like

you can’t. Tavern was fun till they charged you for that

1 Like

For a new player these days, you usually have to do some research, focus on learning core concepts such as tempo, value, mana efficiency. Trump Teachings video series is a good start.

That being said, there’s so much “mana cheating” and other stuff these days it may be difficult for a new player to apply that stuff with just those basic concepts so I would then look up what the current meta decks play, so you can know what your opponents are playing.
As a new player F2P I would not expect to be able to build a full expensive deck anytime soon, but a budget deck can be built by the 2nd month of playing. Midrange Hunter and Zoolock are two strong archetypes where the budget versions are very powerful and able to compete with the top decks.

Rank 5 is very possible without spending anything, you just have to be a bit stubborn and keep playing. But you’re not going to have fun if you aren’t winning games, and figuring that out is something not everyone has the patience to do.

2 Likes

You need to know more about the strategies your opponent could to have, then you need to recognize them and play around them, it takes time.

About to build a deck without experience don’t do that, instead, copy a good deck whom doesn’t make you spend too much dust to craft it, once, you have this deck, learn how to pilot it and know your deck`s strategy, as well.

You can`t to forget, sometimes, it is impossible to win a match too.

To pilot a deck well, you need to practice these skills :

1 - Do a first scam about your opponent and do the mulligan around that, you can to eliminate a lot of things when you know the opponent’s class;

2 - Know your deck and do the mulligan about your strategy;

3 - Know to make tempo plays, sometimes, the synergie is less important than put a minion in the battlefield (board) or use a spell in your max power;

4 - Know to measure well when you should hit the face or kill another minions in trades;

5 - Know to play around your opponent’s cards, once you recognize the opponent’s strategy, it is “easy” figure out which cards your opponent could to use to clean the board and etc ;

6 - Know use your health as a resource and know use your resources (spells and combos) wisely. This last is like that situation, when you use a spell to kill a minion, then, next turn your opponent plays a creepier minion and you miss the spell you casted last turn.

These skills take time to flourish, maybe, to acell them, to watch streamers is welcome. They comment about their own plays and you learn something.

2 Likes

I kinda am lost in the MEANING WHATS A WORTHY OPPONENT !!!
I do not spent money in this game, so call me not worthy.
Still i like to be seperated in competitions from those who have lots to spent (or not and still do invest). Yet i didnt give up ,boredom brings me online. When this shuffle always goes and this worthy opponent stops for us all, why is the program so easy crafted to not throw us beginner infront of the Lions. all the events i get rarely a random even gamer as i am. its anoying and raising anger.

3 Likes

I’m fully F2P, yet I have three competitively viable decks.

Mecha’Thun Priest, Buff Paladin, and one other deck I don’t remember. And a handful of fun decks, like Burgle Priest and Damage Warrior.

I haven’t spent a penny in this game, yet I would still be matched up against you, even under your idea of separating people who spent money and people who have not.

Arena is your very best friend, and there is no shortage of Arena teachers out there, especially on Youtube. Arena and Deck Tracker are your very best friend, not to mention they’re free.

"But Arena costs 150 gold! How will I profit this way?

Assuming you have at least three wins each run, you will get your 150 gold’s worth. If you get any more than that, you gain extra gold and dust, more than you paid for. At least seven wins average is required to go infinite.

1 Like

I am personally pretty bad at the game and don’t have a big card collection. Ironic I know. I’ve found netdecking budget decks helped me a lot! And they also help me learn a lot about synergies in decks.

11 Likes

The Gods have blessed us with a message.

Netdeck is OK!

5 Likes

It’s all about what standards do you set for yourself.
Nobody can hide the fact that hearthstone isn’t kind to new players or to whom play rarely, ignoring this aspect is just silly.

However, I m know I can’t expect a 50% win rate, simply because I am aware most people will play more than me and gather more info.

I will play until I feel like it, not going to spend a penny and any rewards I get will be more valuable simply because I never had to pay for it and who knows, maybe that win came from a dude who spent a few bucks for those cards.

Who knows if matchmaking could also consider the number of rare and legends in each decks: that could make the casual mode way more kind for us newbies

1 Like

Let’s clarify that a bit, huh? Rank 5 if your F2P means grinding your heart out for hours. Or if last season you were high enough that, say you were rank 7 and started the new season at 11 gave you a better chance at rank 5.

If you started the new season at rank 20 and you’re F2P with just basic cards, you aren’t going to make rank 5 any time soon. I know I was there last year.

I actually spent $400. last year to get what I have now. I read that it would cost a player $3,200 dollars just to get every card that was ever made for this game. Insane isn’t it?

Nobody in their right mind would do something like that though of course. I know lot’s of players got theirs’s with gold and dust, including me. Just bringing up the fact though that this isn’t exactly F2P.

2 Likes