New Paladin Card - No Surrender

Secret
1 Mana
When your opponent casts a spell, give your minions +2 Health.

5 Likes

AOE prevention. Nifty.

Doubles as a nice durability buff, in general.

Anyone else notice that they seem to be pushing minion combat quite hard?

3 Likes

Yep let’s hope this expansion brings back more minion combat.

4 Likes

This is actually pretty good. 1 mana can prevent an entire board clear from clearing your minions. That can stop consecrate, holy nova, and defile among others

3 Likes

The best thing about this card is how difficult it is to play around when used at the right time.

When boards get out of control, AoE spells are the primary response, causing this to buff your board possibly out of range of the spell.

Any spell aiming for exact damage to kill falls short too.

If your big guy gets hex/poly’d, everything else gets bigger.

Like most secrets, this can be awkward to use, and can easily be wasted, but this can also be incredibly potent.

7 Likes

Seems really strong; especially when pulled with Bellringet Sentry.

1 Like

I pretty cool card. I’m not crazy about Secret Paladin, but still neat.

Well… Thank frigging GOD Odd Paladin won’t be a thing in the Year of the Dragon! Imagine if Baku was not rotating out. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Odd Pally wouldn’t run secrets anyway. Wild has Avenge and Competitive Spirit, neither of which make the cut, so I’d cautiously bet on this not making the cut in standard in a parallel world where Baku didn’t rotate.

It’s decent. In the same vein as most good Pally secrets, which is protecting minions in play, but with unique activation condition, which is important. It’s another action that could trigger a secret, so it might make for better mindgames.

The effect can be quite powerful, it’s straight up designed to waste your opponent’s AoE removal for a measly cost of 1 mana. Should be definitely playable if aggressive Paladin will play Secrets - and probably will, considering that Bellringer Sentry doesn’t rotate.

1 Like

This in a murloc deck may be pretty strong, you can have 4 cards in your deck that buff your murlocs health, besides Coldlight Seer.

Though this 1 is dependent of your opponent doing something.

3 Likes

I’m not convinced you have to play “Secret Paladin” to have this be good.

1 mana 2 health to all minions, not as a secret, would probably be good in most every aggro deck as AOE resistance.

1 Like

True

20charsofdoomngloom

If nothing else this will be useful in Arena.

Murloc decks are going to need some serious help if they’re going to be viable without Gentle Megasaur, Rockpool Hunter and Hydrologist.

Seems good. Even turning a Bellringer into a 3/6 on turn 4 can be really annoying.

Omg remember that?
Lol Wild getting trades? I mean…it’s possible?

AoE + STR v 1-costs v OTK’s v secrets v like…hand burn and weapons?

Yea, aggro v aggro trades minion into minion…rush minions trade…that’s like it.
Like yea u trade burn-decks and buff-deck’s minions with your own if you have them…but that’s only because you know their list is burn/buff.

This has the potential to completely negate a aoe, making it substantially better, but of course, that might not be enough to get into wild odd pal (plus it applies to ANY spell, board full of 1/3 is difficult to remove)

This is about as good as Cat Trick. That’d be, very good.

2 Likes

This counteracts many aoe board clears, but not all. I think this is a very strong secret that’s also well-balanced. Good design by the HS devs.

All minions have 1 hp… Warlock plays hellfire…

Nah this should be a pretty good card, kind of depends on how Aoe lines up against it in most cases. Although, it seems really tough to play around especially if you run mostly spells or control style decks.

Should be interseting to see what direction Paladin goes. My guess was something revolving around Shrivallah but maybe they get a secret Paladin to work as well.