New Paladin card - Lightforged Blessing

2 mana spell:
Twinspell
Give a minion lifesteal.

Seems pretty good to me. Paladin keeps receiving heal support (as expected with cards like Thekal introduced).

Slap this even on an early 3 attack+ taunt and you can potentially stave off early aggression.

Twinspell also makes it really versatile imo.

2 Likes

Would be ok at 1 mana I think,at 2 I am not sure. Conditional healing,need a high attack minion on the board to make it worth it and then you can get decent value.
Its interesting,probably better then it looks at first sight because my first impression is that this is horrible.

Wild Pyromancer and Immortal Prelate are good targets with this spell.

11 Likes

best target I think of is wild pyro. it will be like pyro having casting spirit lash per spell casts

To me it looks the opposite.

Let’s say vs aggro you Thekal on 3.

Opponent either has to suicide his early aggression on him, or he risks you getting healed 6+ and still losing around 2 early minions. And you’d still have a second copy on hand to repeat.

1 Like

pyro yes that’s good in some situations maybe,its still 2 mana though and then you play pyro without? equality or. I don’t know I don’t see this card but its interesting and I am not writing it off just yet. Still its not like paladin lacks healing either right now. With pyro could be worth it but I wonder if paladin wants to keep running pyro in first place with equality at 4.

Eh, I don’t know? Lifesteal tends to be pretty expensive due to how it scales with literally everything - health, attack, windfury, taunt, divine shield, but if you want to put it on an early game taunt, that would mean the early game taunt had to survive, or you had enough time to wait and not play it for 2 turns.

Though on the other hand, its existence alone (especially if Paladins will use random spell generators like Firetree Witchdoctor) makes anyone trying to SMOrc you down think twice about leaving any minion alive. Also Pyromancer seems quite spicy with it.

Seems like some more support for Healadin, which didn’t take off in Rumble yet.

1 Like

This could be very interesting with Immortal Prelate and Da Undatakah.

5 Likes

2 is a bit pricey. Slapping this on a Pyro sounds nice, but 4 mana for a 1 damage AoE is a high asking price against aggro decks that can start spiraling out of control before 4.

1 Like

Wardrum’s going nuts over this I’m sure.

2 Likes

This will make Glass Knight difficult to remove.

3 Likes

Decent card, I think, but why is no one talking about how the revealer did a song about it?! Glorious:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m assuming the lifesteal healing activates after damage resolution. So unless you hit it with a divine shield minion or a spell, it’s shield will automatically bounce back. Slap taunt on it some how and maybe a deathrattle healing minion and that’s a lot of removal it will soak up.

1 Like

Healadin intensifies

For me, twinspell is what makes this card playable. By itself it’d be pretty meh, but being able to combine this with an early Pyromancer AND a buffed minion later is nice.

1 Like

Rushing down paladin is starting to look harder than rushing down a priest.

Hm. I have been using lifesteal to get my healing in my heal paladin deck, but that one was relying heavily on Blackguard which is rotating. I’m not sure what heal paladin 2.0 looks like yet, but maybe this will be a part of it. Not sold yet.

Hilariously enough that card is potentially awesome in wild with this.

Thekal to set health to 1.

Blackguard + this to give it lifesteal.

Heal yourself for at least 1

Watch the fireworks as blackguard deals damage and heals your face, triggering more damage.

Congrats! You have now used a Reno Jackson effect that also dealt an equivalent amount of damage.

If you want to be real fancy, bounce thekal back to hand so you can repeat this next turn.

Thank God blackguard only hits minions, but he can be a board clear now in heal paladin.

3 Likes

Very interesting card
Coupled with Time Out
Paladin is getting quiet a few stall/ Defensive options in recent times.It’s a interesting the direction they’re taking Pally.
I wonder if they’re looking at adding to the Dragon/mech + the whole healing synergies in more controlling style of cards. Instead of fast Murlocs
Plus Baku leaving opens so many options for Pally

As a Twinspell + synergy with Healadin archetype I think this might see play if a less aggressive Paladin archetype can get a strong enough win condition. This isn’t an amazing spell but Healadin might have enough support and strength to exist.

Kind of a wait and see style of a spell in my opinion and is neither good nor bad but just a base support spell that might help an archetype if it can get enough support.

Something I just thought about is the synergy between this and The Glass Knight.

As long as you aren’t at full health, every time this trades with a non-shielded minion, it will refresh its own shield, including an opponent making the trade. Obviously there are still plenty of ways to clear it via pings to remove the shield, silence or straight hard removal, but this is pretty awesome.