New Neutral Common: Fishflinger

2 mana 3/2 Murloc
Battlecry: Add a random Murloc to each player’s hand.

Might be worth it in aggressive murloc decks as a way to maintain pressure. You do give your opponent an additional minion to maybe deal with your board though.

Also it does say ‘Random’ so you might get stuff like Underbelly Angler or Scargill as a non-Shaman.

1 Like

4 Likes

For a desert, there sure are a lot of murlocs running around.

Shark Mill Rogue might like this. “Oh, your hands aren’t full? Teach a man to fish, and all that.” Tempo-wise, it’s a vanilla minion that refills your hand with potentially synergistic follow-up minion. Plenty to like about that, especially for a tempo-based hero like Rogue.

Hmmm… Ocean Rogue meta incoming…

2 Likes

seems decent yeah in most matchups since your getting a card which you have synergy with and they most likely not, unless your facing a murloc deck.

Tidecaller into Fishflinger into Warleader is still a pretty strong opener and is more resilient against ping classes compared to Tidehunter as the 2 drop. Being a 3/2 means it kills stuff like Eternium Rovers, Northshire Clerics and Voidwalkers that are kind of annoying to deal with.

It’s a neutral Murloc with solid statline. Also, it definitely flings fishes, so no false advertising… or is he? Looks a bit like he wants to start monologuing to that fish. “To mrgl, or not to mrgl?”

Murloc Shaman looks like a happy camper so far.

1 Like

Maybe he’s reenacting the opening credit scene from Guardians of the Galaxy where Starlord is lip syncing with that weird rat creature as a mic.

Not sure this is good enough for Murloc Shaman, but could definitely see this getting played in non-Shaman Murloc decks that lack the value generation of Underbelly Angler.

Not bad, not great… just a solid card. In Murloc that means it has a chance to see play but I’d wager on it not seeing play tbh.

I compare it to Primalfin Lookout which saw some play. While being given a random vs discover is a big deal, it’s also 1 mana cheaper and random can also give you other class murlocs. All of Shaman’s murlocs would be great to get as a non Shaman.

1 Like

Well depends, we got Mages that obviously dont mind another card in hand, Token Druid doesnt either and can make us of a Murloc, Rogue getting a cheap combo enabler if they dont have one. Warrior getting a cheap minion to thrown down together with Brawl etc there is upside for most classes even if they dont have synergy with specificlly murlocs.

Might see play but its not without risks.

True certain matchups it can backfire yeah but in my decks i include things like lightning storm etc token druid already is a hard matchup unless you draw that murloc that gives your other murlocs +1 health.
Mage getting giant down a turn earlier i also run hex since if a mage gets that early giant combo off its GG anyways, i also run that poison murloc.

And for warrior and brawl most likely any minion of your side that would have survived wouldn’t be that strong on its own unless its a angler.

The 500 IQ play is to put Hungry Crab in your murloc deck to eat the murloc your Fishflinger gives them.

4 Likes

Of the forty cards posted on the main site, 12 have random effects, 9 of those have the word “random” printed on them, the other 3 are “discover” or affect targets randomly.

I thought last expansion was the “random crap” meta but I fear it will be the theme of the year.

I wish for more agency on the remaining cards. Desert Obelisk is the most interesting card so far.

Before I go, I loved that the developers took their time to explain they changed some rogue cards before the expansion because they did not fit the new “class flavour” and yet EVIL totem is a thing. Consistency is a thing to be admired.

Well, there goes Spellhunter, hah! I like it adds to the hand and not the deck though. If anything, pushes back Rhokdelar a turn which is what murlocs need for the buffs for lethal.

I’m thinking…secret hunter?

I lotta fishmen in the desert, huh?.

This gets Hungry Crab a hard slot in Murloc decks.

1 Like

I’m surprised Lykotic hasn’t been here to salivate…

Rhok’delar only cares about deck for it’s battlecry

./meh card imho (from above)

Speak of the devil and he shall appear! Still, its annoying because Call of the Wild I think? The one that summons all three animal companions.